Sign in to follow this  
maf

The future of 2D-panels

At the risk of sounding a bit of an idiot I'd say that if you can't upgrade your PC then these products are not aimed at you. These are aimed at those who can run them, you can't expect a study sim quality aircraft AND have impossible performance on a low spec PC. You have to accept that if your PC isn't up to running the plane, you need to upgrade before getting the products? I don't know but pmdg can't provide this kinda stuff and then get rinsed when it won't run "well" on old tech.Oh and just to add, my PC currently is far from up to scratch for running these products well, so I'm in that group too...
Unfortunately for you all, we will get some kind of 2d panels i T7. Even some of PMDG members like 2d panels. Like it or not 2d panel provides more than 100% fps boost.Just do not understand selfishness of some guys: "If I do not need some feature, noone should use it" and "the way Im using the simulator is the best way, every other way is just wrong".

I dont mind to pay extra for my main 2d panel atleast PMDG give me that ! :(

I have a powerful computer. I prefer 2d. And no, EZCA does not make 2d obsolete, not at all. It makes the VC at least flyable, but it doesnt make 2d obsolete.

I think you misunderstood my stance, it makes no odds to me, hope everyones happy when it's released though! I'm sure pmdg will make the decision based upon facts not preference. If the team like 2D but theyre against it perhaps there's another reason.

I only use the VC, but I prefer 2D to remain in PMDG aircraft so everybody can enjoy it. We all must be mindfull that this hobby could very easily fall into the haves and the have nots, and become a rich boys hobby only.If someone who has a low to mid system can fly a complex aircraft because an aircraft is 2D panel equipped, then i am all for it. regardless if I use it or not.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I only use the VC, but I prefer 2D to remain in PMDG aircraft so everybody can enjoy it. We all must be mindfull that this hobby could very easily fall into the haves and the have nots, and become a rich boys hobby only.If someone who has a low to mid system can fly a complex aircraft because an aircraft is 2D panel equipped, then i am all for it. regardless if I use it or not.
+1

Ah I don't have the NGX as I'm not a short haul guy and not motivated enough to learn the 737 ha. I only fly the 767 and 747, been waiting for a Pro 777 for over a Year as it's my favourite!
Your sig describes you as "Trainee Real World Pilot". How much work do you expect to get if you can't motivate your self to fly the most detailed and accurate tube liner available to the general public? Apart from the amount of time spent watching the autopilot do its job, what exactly do you think is the difference between flying 100Nm and flying 10,000Nm ?

+1I don't get on here too often (I guess I'm a lurker), but IMO this was the best response I have seen regarding the 2D vs 3D argument. I have a more than capable machine and run FSX with PMDG stuff quite well. Regardless, I have always been slow to switch over to VC for all the very valid reasons that have been noted in the past (which I won't reiterate here). It has only been during the past 12 months or so, that I have forced myself to slide over to flying more in the VC, and I am enjoying it the more I do it. Learning the tricks to get around easier in it was the key, and I will continue to move towards fully embracing it; including picking up a TrackIR5 here in the near future.That being said; not everyone CAN afford to lay out the $168 for TrackIR or a machine with the current specs that many of us have here. So I fully agree with Julian's post... Even though I am now embracing the VC; I would still like to see the continued inclusion of 2D panels for others (and myself for when I get lazy, :( ).

EZDOK solves all the problems, 2D is terrible, looks terrible and should be put to bed now after 20+ years.
What is terrible here is your attitude and posts like this. Just because YOU THINK 2D is "terrible" doesn't mean it is. I might think your girlfriend/wife is ugly, does that mean she is? Probably not in your eyes.What difference does it make to the VC guys if the 2D panels are there or not? You're being extremely selfish in saying just because you don't use something you think it shouldn't be there for others.
Very well said.

Jeff Calder

What is terrible here is your attitude and posts like this. Just because YOU THINK 2D is "terrible" doesn't mean it is. I might think your girlfriend/wife is ugly, does that mean she is? Probably not in your eyes.What difference does it make to the VC guys if the 2D panels are there or not? You're being extremely selfish in saying just because you don't use something you think it shouldn't be there for others.Very well said.
Its not an attitude, its my point of view! Resources that go into the 2D panels could be used else where in addons, I beleive even Mr Randazzo agrees to a point.
"If I do not need some feature, noone should use it" and "the way Im using the simulator is the best way, every other way is just wrong".
Correct! Im glad you are getting it at last :( (that is a complete joke by the way).As i have stated above, i think 70% of people can run the VC quite perfectly, and the resources that go into making 2D panels can be put to other uses.

As i have stated above, i think 70% of people can run the VC quite perfectly
And this 70% number you state is based off what?If it is remotely accurate, you think it's ok to alienate 30% of a market?
Its not an attitude, its my point of view! Resources that go into the 2D panels could be used else where in addons, I beleive even Mr Randazzo agrees to a point.
Point of view/attitude, whatever. Either way it's selfish. By your logic and made-up percentages let's do some simple math. Let's say PMDG sells 150,000 NGX's. Every single one of those people want the 777. But 30% of them don't want anything to do with 3D cockpits so they don't buy the product.That's 45,000 people who don't support PMDG so they can keep making airplanes. That's 45,000 people who don't get to enjoy these things because greedy folks like you thought "resources could be used elsewhere". DISCLAIMER - MY NUMBERS ARE COMPLETELY MADE UP, I HAVE NO CLUE HOW MANY PLANES PMDG SELLS.I'd also like to know where you'd like to see other resources used on an airplane like the NGX.

Jeff Calder

And this 70% number you state is based off what?If it is remotely accurate, you think it's ok to alienate 30% of a market?Point of view/attitude, whatever. Either way it's selfish. By your logic and made-up percentages let's do some simple math. Let's say PMDG sells 150,000 NGX's. Every single one of those people want the 777. But 30% of them don't want anything to do with 3D cockpits so they don't buy the product.That's 45,000 people who don't support PMDG so they can keep making airplanes. That's 45,000 people who don't get to enjoy these things because greedy folks like you thought "resources could be used elsewhere".DISCLAIMER - MY NUMBERS ARE COMPLETELY MADE UP, I HAVE NO CLUE HOW MANY PLANES PMDG SELLS.I'd also like to know where you'd like to see other resources used on an airplane like the NGX.
Look mate, at the end of the day i have never flown 2D, it looks poor in this day and age. If it was dropped i couldnt care less, if it free'd up resources to get the addons out faster, then all the better. 2D flyers are a dieing breed fact.

Look mate, at the end of the day i have never flown 2D
Then why do you care if it's there or not?
it looks poor in this day and age.
In your opinion.
If it was dropped i couldnt care less
Good. Then why are you still talking?
if it free'd up resources to get the addons out faster
There's lots of addons out there you can use for the extra who knows how long it takes to make the 2D panels so more people can enjoy the product. Also, what would you be adding to the NGX "resource wise" that alienating 30% (your number, not mine) would be worth it?
2D flyers are a dieing breed fact.
This very well may be. But dying is not dead.

Jeff Calder

Your sig describes you as "Trainee Real World Pilot". How much work do you expect to get if you can't motivate your self to fly the most detailed and accurate tube liner available to the general public? Apart from the amount of time spent watching the autopilot do its job, what exactly do you think is the difference between flying 100Nm and flying 10,000Nm ?
Oh here we go, another person online telling me what I have and don't. So let's get this cleared up a second, I don't want to learn the NGX because I don't really have the time because I'm studying and that makes me unmotivated for real world training and not wanting to a TR for the 737 in real life? Clearly? I'm not exactly going to sit down in my free time to learn an Aircraft that I don't really want to fly on the sim (no offence to PMDG) it looks great, but I'm not it's biggest fan so that makes me unmotivated to learn it unlike the 777 which I love. I don't know if in a Years time I'll be doing a Type Rating for one of the fleet, even if I'm still not it's biggest fan unlike some on here I'll still learn to love it which I will because it will be a Real Aircraft! I have slightly higher chances of being on the Airbus 319,320 & 321's. So I'm not exactly going to say "No I don't want to do this Type Rating because I'm unmotivated but somehow passed Training" am I? Please get your facts straight before just judging me from one comment! And yes there are quite a few differences flying 100 Miles - 8,000 Miles.