Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Guys&Gals... tell me the TRUTH....

Maybe MSF will at a later date sell the cockpit for the P51 and Zero as seperate DLC. If that sales model works, then maybe they willsell the wings, fusulodge and wheels all seperately.

If that sales model works, then maybe they will sell the wings, fusulodge and wheels all seperately.
Or even worst, They might even consider the Wonder Woman plane, for 500 Points. :LMAO:

I will never buy an aircraft without a cockpit.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

No cockpit, no buy. As simple as that.I cannot believe why they even get the idea to create an airplain without a cockpit - and this is the second one. I would very much like to know how the conversations go when the first idea of a no cockpit airplane arised. Did someone actually say "That's a damn good idea. Why haven't anyone thought of that before?"

No cockpit, no buy. As simple as that.I cannot believe why they even get the idea to create an airplain without a cockpit - and this is the second one. I would very much like to know how the conversations go when the first idea of a no cockpit airplane arised. Did someone actually say "That's a damn good idea. Why haven't anyone thought of that before?"
For the people whom they are targeting, it makes perfect sense. For those of us who actually enjoy more realistic flight, it's definitely a turnoff and a no-sale.Those of us who are beta testers have known from the beginning that there would be external only models made available. What we were expecting though was that MSGS would make the "Basic" and "Deluxe" versions available at the same time. Obviously, this hasn't happened (yet).

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I haven't said that I wouldn't buy any A/C without a cockpit... I did buy the P-51. But I have said that I'll pass on the Zero. So far I'm sticking to that. I'm not really into flying old war planes, so just not my thing.
Actually I am, but it does need a cockpit though! :lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpaGwxdvs74

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Wow, Tom! What an awesome adventure that had to have been! :hi:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I accidently (did not read the text well) bought the P51 , have no regrets I did. Sometimes it comes out the Hangar for some spirit-flyings. But this one will be the only and lonely cockpitless airplane in my hangar.Mmm.., unless MS comes with just one cockpitless helicopter ;-))

What we were expecting though was that MSGS would make the "Basic" and "Deluxe" versions available at the same time. Obviously, this hasn't happened (yet).
And THAT ^ is what keeps me hopeful. I would love to fly them both, but no cockpit (to me) is no fun. A deluxe version (with cockpit) of both would be a "must buy" for me.

I bought the P51... just because it was new and different... and used it to get a couple or aerocaches... but I rarely fly it, it just doesn't fit the kind of things I enjoy doing in Flight.I wish it had a real cockpit, but I'm not a "no VC no buy" guy...The reason I'm passing on the Zero, as I said in another thread, it is kind of fills the same niche that the P51 already occupies. High performance WW II warbird.I don't need another one.

I don't plan on buying the cockpit-less wonders, but...Last night I was flying a Maule around the western mountains of Maui. I noticed the "blue point to player thing" pop up right behind me. The Zero dove on me, and we wound up engaging in a mock dogfight in the canyons. The Zero seemed to have a hard time out-turning me and avoiding mountain sides at the same time. Any time that he wanted to, he could zoom away - and back, but he was not using his far superior speed to his advantage. We circled and circled each other for several minutes before breaking off. Simulation it was not, but it was fun...

I bought it, tried it... and that's it because I found it a waste of money and very boring. I didn't buy the P-51 so I was hoping at least I could enjoy a decent flight model and play it tweaking the view and being able to fly the Zero with the pseudo cockpit. Bu nothing like that.So I bought a useless plane.

I only have the P-51 b/c they gave it to me for beta testing. No more cockpit-less planes for me.