Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Just Picked up the X-Aviation DC-3

Yes sure but not only that. It also has floats, different models and liveries at a cheaper price!

As I probably said: No Linux is a no buy for me.

I think it's a little in bad taste to thread jack this thread with another developers product.

I never started this thread and I never asked anyone else to start it. As a commercial developer, I have restrictions. All I did was answer peoples questions as best I could while remaining within the guidelines of the avsim terms and conditions. If you prefer the other DC-3, then you should absolutely enjoy flying it and I hope you get what you want out of it.

I, personally, have never met nor spoken to the developer of the other DC-3, so I have no issues with him at all.

If you want to start a new thread praising the other DC-3, by all means, no one is stopping you.

Goran,

I just had an idea:

It might seem a little odd, but whenever I see this bird I think of Candy Bombers. So would it be possible to add a droppable ordnance of candy bars on little parachutes to your plane? I don't know how many people may actually use this feature, but it would certainly make this addon very unique.

Just spent the last half an hour or so flying 'her' (their always beautiful ladies) around South Wales. Goran, Theo, Cameron, Vance et al, you have done a superb job and have done yourself proud. The sense of immersion when flying with this DC3 is really very, very good. Within 10 mins I engaged the Sperry autopilot, but then after 2 mins I shut it off, the thrill of hand flying it is just too tempting. Sounds are really well done too.

I recommend anybody who wants to give X-plane 10 a fair crack of the whip at the very least consider purchasing this aircraft. More addons for XPX like this PLEASE! Talking of addons, Goran, how's that 747-200 coming along???

Rhydian

Very nice addition to my hanger, thanks Goran, she's a beauty....

Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Goran,

I just had an idea:

It might seem a little odd, but whenever I see this bird I think of Candy Bombers. So would it be possible to add a droppable ordnance of candy bars on little parachutes to your plane? I don't know how many people may actually use this feature, but it would certainly make this addon very unique.

I think this can actually be done, but it would require quite a bit of work. I would have to cut the underside of the fuselage, model and texture inside of that area, model, texture and animate an underside cargo door controller, animate the doors so they open properly, change the flight model, and make new flight models for the "candy bars" with the parachutes. It could take anywhere from a week to a month. Will I do it now? No, I have quite a bit on my plate right now. Later? Possibly. But, to be honest, unlikely. But we'll see.

Just spent the last half an hour or so flying 'her' (their always beautiful ladies) around South Wales. Goran, Theo, Cameron, Vance et al, you have done a superb job and have done yourself proud. The sense of immersion when flying with this DC3 is really very, very good. Within 10 mins I engaged the Sperry autopilot, but then after 2 mins I shut it off, the thrill of hand flying it is just too tempting. Sounds are really well done too.

I recommend anybody who wants to give X-plane 10 a fair crack of the whip at the very least consider purchasing this aircraft. More addons for XPX like this PLEASE! Talking of addons, Goran, how's that 747-200 coming along???

Rhydian

Glad you're enjoying it.

The 747 is moving along slowly. It's a mammoth programming task. If you asked me when it would come out, I honestly couldn't say. If I said this year, I would say no. Next year, more than likely. We obviously want to get it right.

Very nice addition to my hanger, thanks Goran, she's a beauty....

Glen

You're welcome and thank you!

Yes sure but not only that. It also has floats, different models and liveries at a cheaper price!

As I probably said: No Linux is a no buy for me.

This one has a floats model and different liveries as well. Did you even look at this product? lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

There's already another at x-plane.org's shop. Even better in my opinion, as it supports Linux like 99% of all addons.

Sounds more like jealousy and bitterness than a statement of "better." :Whistle:

But for those wondering, here's some direct comparison. You can draw your own opinions, just like ahso! :)

X-Plane.org DC-3: https://lh4.googleus...eenshot_523.jpg

X-Aviation.com DC-3 (the one this topic is for): http://x-aviation.co...llery/DC3/9.jpg

Founder of X-Aviation

You should see this panel in stereoscopic 3D on a 46" screen. I would put up a screenshot, but it wouldn't do any good unless the viewer had 3D also, and if that's the case they would have already looked at it in 3D :smile: Suffice it to say, it is pretty awesome.

Actually in real 3D most of these panels have some pretty weird distortions in them. This one does too, but not as much as some of the other panels. This one and the panels made by J Rollon have the least distortion in them That I have seen so far.

You should see this panel in stereoscopic 3D on a 46" screen. I would put up a screenshot, but it wouldn't do any good unless the viewer had 3D also, and if that's the case they would have already looked at it in 3D :smile: Suffice it to say, it is pretty awesome.

Actually in real 3D most of these panels have some pretty weird distortions in them. This one does too, but not as much as some of the other panels. This one and the panels made by J Rollon have the least distortion in them That I have seen so far.

Are you using the Anlymorpic glasses (red and blue) or nvidia shutter glasses? I use to use FSX in 3d and liked it, but heard Xp wont work with it because its open gl.

Let me know what your using, Id like to try it.

Rob

Sounds more like jealousy and bitterness than a statement of "better." :Whistle:

But for those wondering, here's some direct comparison. You can draw your own opinions, just like ahso! :)

X-Plane.org DC-3: https://lh4.googleus...eenshot_523.jpg

X-Aviation.com DC-3 (the one this topic is for): http://x-aviation.co...llery/DC3/9.jpg

No comparison IMO. The X-Aviation DC-3 is miles a head in 3d modeling. I dont own the other one, so I cant comment on its flight modeling.

The X-Aviation DC-3 is the killer app for X-Plane IMO. So is the CRJ-200.

No, Im not affiliated with X-Aviation. Just call it like I see it.

While Im at it, Ill through in the Carenado Bonana's as must have planes too.

Rob

I would throw in the Bombardier Challenger 300 also for good measure.. =)

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

GoranM, let me ask you something not related to the DC3, but to all addons in X-PLane, including yours.

Where does a developer expect users to set their Artificial Stability and Linearity for the controls? I read that you should set 25% for both, is that correct?

Alexis Mefano

I would throw in the Bombardier Challenger 300 also for good measure.. =)

Yes! I agree. Forgot that one.

Ros

Are you using the Anlymorpic glasses (red and blue) or nvidia shutter glasses? I use to use FSX in 3d and liked it, but heard Xp wont work with it because its open gl.

Let me know what your using, Id like to try it.

Rob

No comparison IMO. The X-Aviation DC-3 is miles a head in 3d modeling. I dont own the other one, so I cant comment on its flight modeling.

Rob

Hello Rob,

The anaglyphic glasses won't work in X-Plane. I am using a Samsung 3D for a monitor and it uses shutter glasses. The Samsung will take any 2D and make it 3D, although it doesn't always look good. Of course 3D that is made for 3D specifically is not only gorgeous, but rather awe inspiring, (in my opinion, my wife doesn't see any need for 3D at all), so people do have differing opinions. :biggrin:

Actually a Direct X product in anaglyphic looks better most of the time than a 2D to 3D conversion does. But a picture made for 3D, absolutely no comparison. I don't really fly that much in 3D, as it gets tiring to the eyes after a while.

Following the praise here I purchased it, downloaded and installed it -> XPlane tells me that this acf file is not REALLY an acf file

allright, downloaded a second time, installed a second time -> XPlane tells me that this acf file is not REALLY an acf file

great for my first experience with X-aviation :mad:

Following the praise here I purchased it, downloaded and installed it -> XPlane tells me that this acf file is not REALLY an acf file

allright, downloaded a second time, installed a second time -> XPlane tells me that this acf file is not REALLY an acf file

great for my first experience with X-aviation :mad:

I hoe you emailed X-Aviation immediately, I have bought from them twice and a very pleasant experience it was.