Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Pictures of our FS9/FSX/XP-10 Computers and Cockpits

Well.... I can show you some pics... but it has all changed now:Before:EVGA X58 Classified 3Intel i7 9603x EVGA 456 Video Cards24GB RAM2x Intel 120GB SSDOCZ 128 GB SSD2TB HDDCorsair 1200w Power SupplyCorsair Obsidian 800DDSC_0008.jpgDSC_0024.jpgDSC_0016.jpgDSC_0050.jpgWhats New?EVGA SR2 Classified2x Inter Xeon Processors2x 465 Video Cards (3rd card died)Pictures forthcoming..... never mind.... they are here: :Big Grin:DSC_0709.jpgDSC_0711.jpgDSC_0712.jpgPardon the mess..... gotta sleeve the entire case.... clean it up a bit. :)

Edited by GundamWZero

Rodney E. Jacobs

Insane build Rodney! Love the white case and white PSU. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, loving the black & white theme too!

Yeah, loving the black & white theme too!
I agree! My next build is going to be built with parts that have some theme.

I wonder how much in terms of FSX these two CPU´s are worth. I´ve heared that it won´t make any real difference. Is that right?

Very cool Nabarun!Not bad at all for a first post :) Welcome

I wonder how much in terms of FSX these two CPU´s are worth. I´ve heared that it won´t make any real difference. Is that right?
That is what I am going to find out. They said that FSX is CPU hungry, then they say its hungry for RAM, and then they say its hungry for Video RAM.... different sites has different aspects on how FSX should run.So, I now have 2 CPUs, 24 GBs of RAM, running FSX on a 120GB SSD.... and I am going to buy 3 GTX 550 ti (2GB RAM per card). Then I want to see what excuse they can come up with. :Nerd:

Rodney E. Jacobs

That is what I am going to find out. They said that FSX is CPU hungry, then they say its hungry for RAM, and then they say its hungry for Video RAM.... different sites has different aspects on how FSX should run.So, I now have 2 CPUs, 24 GBs of RAM, running FSX on a 120GB SSD.... and I am going to buy 3 GTX 550 ti (2GB RAM per card). Then I want to see what excuse they can come up with. :Nerd:
Get one single very powerful GPU. FSX hates multi-GPU setups.

This is a hot topic here in the hardware forums Rodney, and one where almost everybody agrees. FSX is CPU bound, but not in a way that will take advantage of an SR-2 system.You are adding cores that FSX won't use, at the expense of raw speed, that FSX loves. So I'm afraid you'll be extremely disappointed.FSX doesn't benefit from more than 3 cores, it's much better to have a fast quad core and overclock itSame goes for multi-GPU as Ben explained

This is a hot topic here in the hardware forums Rodney, and one where almost everybody agrees. FSX is CPU bound, but not in a way that will take advantage of an SR-2 system.You are adding cores that FSX won't use, at the expense of raw speed, that FSX loves. So I'm afraid you'll be extremely disappointed.FSX doesn't benefit from more than 3 cores, it's much better to have a fast quad core and overclock itSame goes for multi-GPU as Ben explained
But Dario people play other games.... I'm sure that FSX isn't the only game Rodney plays.

But Dario people play other games.... I'm sure that FSX isn't the only game Rodney plays.
Even then, games don't use that many cores. Of course SLI will do wonders in most of those games