Sign in to follow this  
BR4593

5 bucks for redownload?

bar_rodoy (You should sign your name BTW),

Just pay the $5, and backup the RTM file to a CD or external hard drive. I like to do both, just in case something goes wrong with either of them.

PMDG does a great job. The NGX is the number one product in the flight simulation categoryת But I paid 70$ for them and I am expecting to be able to redownload my product for free.

So basically you didn't read any of the responses in this thread.

Why didn't you backup the files when you first downloaded them, anyway?

I do hope you learned a lesson in all this...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Yes but someone at PMDG has to manually activate your extended download too, also, if you think about how much you got for what you paid, dont you think we should think of this more as an extra thankyou cost for everything they do for us?

I agree. I was just pointing out the costs on bandwith/hosting. I think $5 is ok. I backup my files both on my FSX machine and in NAS with a RAID array so I don't feel a need to get it.

But I paid 70$ for them and I am expecting to be able to redownload my product for free.

i agree. Next time I give them $70 for an aircraft I expect them to come to my house, install it and configure my PC so I get 80fps at KLAX

i agree. Next time I give them $70 for an aircraft I expect them to come to my house, install it and configure my PC so I get 80fps at KLAX

lol what about cooking dinner for you as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

So basically you didn't read any of the responses in this thread.

Why didn't you backup the files when you first downloaded them, anyway?

Well, rhe file was on my hard drive but I incidently removed it. And in the first times I was able to redowmload it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I think Steam, Flight1, and Simmarket have me spoiled as I also prefer to be able to redownload my products for free.

on one side i accept the 5$ but on one side i think what the hell?

I bought REX @ FlightSimStore (4GB+) and they allow me to download it 100 times! THats a whole different world while comparing the size. That means they allow me a traffic of arround 400GB for a single product.Same for FSdreamteam... They even allow anyone to download a 150MB installer whenever they want... They dont even need to purchase it.

People in this thread complaining about the $5 cost to get the re-download service and then comparing PMDG's offerings to other products they can download 'how much I like' should really stop and think about one thing:

- Company X has obviously included the cost of the bandwidth inccurred by offering such an option into the price of the product.

This means that if you NEVER re-download, you're paying too much because they've included it in the price. PMDG could have easily put another $5 into the price to cover this and nobody would have known any differently, but PMDG being PDMG they done right be the people that don't need the service and shouldn't be forced to pay for it.

Any anyway, anyone complaining about $5 when they couldn't take their own initiative and burn the file to a DVD or copy it to a USB somewhere for archiving needs to stop and think about what they're saying.

People in this thread complaining about the $5 cost to get the re-download service and then comparing PMDG's offerings to other products they can download 'how much I like' should really stop and think about one thing:

- Company X has obviously included the cost of the bandwidth inccurred by offering such an option into the price of the product.

This means that if you NEVER re-download, you're paying too much because they've included it in the price. PMDG could have easily put another $5 into the price to cover this and nobody would have known any differently, but PMDG being PDMG they done right be the people that don't need the service and shouldn't be forced to pay for it.

Any anyway, anyone complaining about $5 when they couldn't take their own initiative and burn the file to a DVD or copy it to a USB somewhere for archiving needs to stop and think about what they're saying.

+1 Spot on.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well said

I learned the hard way with all my FS stuff. I am a payware snob and have a ton. Tracking it all down when I did a reinstall or had a pc bite the dust was crazy. I would have gladly paid 5$ to get it all back without tracking down my order numbers and such. I bought a external HD and have all my stuff backed up on it.

Richie Walsh

Just throwing this out there (I scanned quickly through the posts and didn't see a mention of this) but did you by chance check your trash/recycle bin? If you didn't 'shift+del' the file and haven't emptied the bin it may be there..

Well, rhe file was on my hard drive but I incidently removed it. And in the first times I was able to redowmload it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Times?! How many times have you lost it!