Sign in to follow this  
dracer33

PMDG 747 and P3D

Has anyone had any luck porting the PMDG 747 or MD11 into Prepar3d. If I try just transferring all the files, and the dll.xml stuff over it just thinks I'm pirating it and blacks out all my displays, droops the control surfaces, etc.

I solved my problems with PMDG 747 by using a free tool from here http://www.tweakfs.c.../free_tools.php which is called FSX Registry Utility. With this tool you can effectively change an entry in windows registry which contains path to FSX, substituting it with path to Prepar3d. Then you do installation of the addon as usual (although you still will have to do manipulations with dll.xml).

I use this http://code.google.com/p/symlinker/ aswell as the flight1 registry tool.

If your like me and just have fsx installed just so you can install addons for p3d these tools make installing addons alot easier.

'Symlink Creator' allows you to hijack all the fsx folders and redirect anything installed for fsx to install into p3d. For example just using the reg tool will indeed let the files install into the p3d

folder however, many addons do not edit the dll.xml/exe.dll, scenery.cfg etc. By using Symlink this is possible, very easily.

I have fsx and p3d installed to E drive, ever have some of these addon installers that want to install to the default fsx directory? These installers do not check the registry so that's why they

want to go to the C drive default fsx directory. I have used 'Symlink Creator' to hijack this directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X) so now I don'thave

to worry if the installer finds the real p3d directory or not, I just install and no matter why the files end up in the right place, aswell as the right cfg's being edited =)

I have also hijacked the following other fsx folders below;

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

I have re-named the main FSX install and replaced it with a Symlink, same for the other 3.

In fact I don't even need any ORBX SBSL's or the soon to be released P3D Migrator Tool after doing the above. But then again I have no plans to use fsx again, I am full on p3d now. If you plan

on jumping back and forth between sims I do not recommend what I have done, although its possible, just a bit of renaming the Symlink shortcuts and renaming your fsx folders to there original

names.

edit: Just went to install the Jetstream 41 and the installer said I need to have fsx + sp2 installed, to bypass this goto your fsx game folder and copy the fsx.exe into the p3d main folder, and then install.

DX

From everything I have seen the only way it knows if SP2/Acceleration is installed is by the file version of fsx.exe, just renaming prepar3d.exe to fsx.exe will be an insufficient file version. I downloaded a free tool that allows you to edit the version of a file and that has worked for me.

Tyson Rose

i just pit the fsx.exe file in the prepar3d folder works just fine

Do you get an offset problem on the ND? I cannot run P3D with the 747 without the ND route at an angle of about 20 degrees from my path.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Do you get an offset problem on the ND? I cannot run P3D with the 747 without the ND route at an angle of about 20 degrees from my path.

Edit

LOL thanks, I actually put a post in the incorrect forum, I dont own the 747...but thanks for the help anyway.

When I tested, all my PMDG worked well in the P3D with some very small issues (like the CDI needle in the MD11... see my blog). I am not using it in the P3D any more though due to licensing issues.

Has anyone tried the FSX-to-P3D Migration Tool for the 747?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit