Sign in to follow this  
dburne

I said I would not, but now I did it - the P51

Well, ok, you all won....

I'm actually mentally 15, or even less... Being a late 40's man, that's normal I suppose :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

Im 54 and couldn't care less if someone tells me Im playing as a 15 year old. I'm having FUN, that's all it matters to me.

This is very ture but it starts to get very boring, as soon as it starts to creep in to this forum again it will be back to before this forum got closed.

I have not looked here for a while & the very day I come back for a peek the very frist post that I read is the 15 year old one again.

But me even wasting my time posting here makes me think, hangon I am now acting like a 15 years old, wait he was right all along I am sorry & I take it all back I am a child again :D

:Doh:

Yup, that nicely sums up what this thread has devolved to for me as well =)

Well, ok, you all won....

I'm actually mentally 15, or even less... Being a late 40's man, that's normal I suppose :-)

:) I was posting just the samething,

This could be a new selling point for MS Flight play it & you will be 15 again.

Fred, is a RW Captain, who enjoys Flight. I and many others do too. What else can be said. :yahoo:

Should we keep pretending to be typists trying to change the world, or should we be flying?

Back in 2 months time to see if there's any change here & if it's a MS flight fans forum for fans.

Like the FSX fans forum this site has.

Where you can be left in peace to share your hobby with fellow fans.

My final thoughts before I leave this thread, and hopefully it will die away quitely.

There is one huge difference, between pointing out negatives in a constructive manner, versus making global blanket statements that disparage someone for the choice they make. The former I will gladly do, and have done - the latter, no one will ever see me do. I do not care if it is someone flying the Zero in external view only, with only a mouse to control it. Because, that someone might be new, and might be just the next great flight simmer to make a huge contribution to the industry. And if they need help, I will be on these forums to gladly offer any help I can with the somewhat limited knowledge I have. I have a feeling some of those that do fall in the latter, will not be doing the same...

So for anyone that falls into the latter, ie making disparaging statements - do not cry foul when called on it, and try to hide behind the cloak of saying that the Flight fans want censorship here that only positive things can be said - that is simply not true. This forum is one fantastic forum that has evolved since it's re-opening, to quite frankly one of the very best here on Avsim. And I have seen plenty of contructive posts, both postive and negative, regarding Flight.

I mean my goodness, just look at some of the replies to my OP here of purchasing the P51 Mustang, sharing what I can do with it , and actually - wait for it - enjoying it somewhat! You would think I alone have started the end of what Flight could have been lol.

Now let's go and have some fun!

Maybe this is what is called a middle age crisis since I'm about same age and felling the same. One of these days I will see you doing some MTB :)

Maybe this is what is called a middle age crisis since I'm about same age and felling the same. One of these days I will see you doing some MTB :)

Well hey you know what they say, the only difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys lol.

My wife reminds me of that occasionally. And I do not mind in the least!

Back in 2 months time to see if there's any change here & if it's a MS flight fans forum for fans.

Like the FSX fans forum this site has.

Where you can be left in peace to share your hobby with fellow fans.

Hey garsands,

It would appear you are fairly new to Avsim, I hope you stick around and don't let this get you down. This truly has been a great forum since Flight was released and it was re-opened, as I said previously imho it has turned out to be one of the very best on Avsim.

The sport needs more folks like yourself - try to overlook the occasional bump in the road - they really are few and far between here - this truly is a very good forum and a great resource for Flight flyers!

Flight has a lot of potential, but only (again this is just my opinion) if MS focuses more on the flightsim aspects of Flight, instead of concentrating so much on the gaming aspects. And this is not ever going to happen as long as the majority of users are more interested in Flight just being a fun game.

I think that this very important point that Arwen made somehow got lost in this thread.

It will be a pity if that is the way it end up.

No that point did not get lost at all.

MS has targeted a much broader audience for sure - and while I have no idea where the line is drawn from a so called gamer versus a so called simmer, perhaps it is up to folks like us, to help them along into becomming these so called true simmers. Now what will be interesting,is how many of those actually do take the time to help these newer folks along.

One thing I have learned for sure - while I currently have no plans or desire to, should I at some point purchase the Zero, I will not be making a post about it or mentioning it anywhere in this forum. But at the same time, I will not be told what DLC I can or should buy or not.

I don't know, I guess I am more of a glass half full guy. I tend to look at this - more in a long term type of thing, and it is way - way too soon to make a judgement on the direction and what Flight will end up being. But then I am a very patient person.

If it wasn't ever going to be anything more than a fun game, why bother putting VORs and ILS in?

New users gotta walk before they can run.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

If it wasn't ever going to be anything more than a fun game, why bother putting VORs and ILS in?

Precisely!!

New users gotta walk before they can run.

Hook

Hook thats exactly what i was told months before release (THEY NEED TO WALK BEFORE THEY CAN RUN )so the basic idea rolls out at first and than a more complex enviroment will blend in for a easy transition . I was scared for some time that we would have to flight simple AC for longer time after release . I myself had notice a few players/pilots that i met after release and helped get familiar with the intruments over on multiplayer sessions how they are now enjoing the Maule or RV6 and the first plane they got was the mustang and now they dont even touch it anymore. so the idea its working i think . I can also talk about MS knowing what we want or dont want but that would get me in hot waters at this moment . I will continue to support Flight and i know that the future holds nothing but good things and it wont be all about cockpitless planes in the future .

Image removed as image is no longer available.