Sign in to follow this  
dburne

I said I would not, but now I did it - the P51

Did you get an achievement for that? One which is well deserved - that's a long way.

Mike Beckwith

Shame on you, Don!!!

:db: (<<< The code for this smiley actually are your initials, db! :wink: )

And you'll get worse when you find out that xplane11 will be fully cockpitless :-)

In 50yrs, airliners will be cockpitless!!!

Traitors. I'll think of u guys when the next plane has no cockpit :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Good point JC. Why bother then, there's no point. I'm off to play with Bus Simulator. Oh hang on, they'll be automatic one day too! Right, the garden needs weeding

Lol Jeroen, it is what it is I guess!

:smile:

Hey at least I did not buy the Zero as well!

Ok,

so, it wasn't just me who figured out that after all embarking on having cockpitless/inexpensive/FM-good/GraphicalyGood aircraft was not that bad :-)

I am about to receive a new puter too :-))))))) It's a i5-2500@3.3GHz with an ASUS GForce 450, windows7 and 8GB RAM... I will finally be able to run FLIGHT properly, and probably even fly online with some of you :-)

A formation flight seen from the "R" view should look great! There are aerobatics teams running Lockon for their exhibitions, why not using FLIGHT???

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Congrats on the new system, should run Flight pretty well, enjoy!

Way to send a message to MS about what we "really" wanted. I can just see them sitting around a table in Washington laughing their butts off going "see, I told you we can get away with it, why do all that work to put out a realistic cockpit, people will pay for just a shell and we only have to do half the work!!!!" Win win for MS, bet they :Party: every time they see a thread like this!

It is funny, in the beginning most of the threads about Flight were about flying realistic procedures, instrument procedures, flight models, now it is about making "fake" cockpit views, how fast can I go, how high can I go, oh boy, the tower has a view, planes don't need cockpits, look I ditched my controllers for X-Box so the only pattern I see is one of Flight going in the wrong direction faster than a cockpit-less P-51... :LMAO:

But maybe MS is just getting what they wanted with their intended target audience :Waiting:

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Way to send a message to MS about what we "really" wanted. I can just see them sitting around a table in Washington laughing their butts off going "see, I told you we can get away with it, why do all that work to put out a realistic cockpit, people will pay for just a shell and we only have to do half the work!!!!" Win win for MS, bet they :Party: every time they see a thread like this!

It is funny, in the beginning most of the threads about Flight were about flying realistic procedures, instrument procedures, flight models, now it is about making "fake" cockpit views, how fast can I go, how high can I go, oh boy, the tower has a view, planes don't need cockpits, look I ditched my controllers for X-Box so the only pattern I see is one of Flight going in the wrong direction faster than a cockpit-less P-51... :LMAO:

But maybe MS is just getting what they wanted with their intended target audience :Waiting:

I know it makes you feel better picturing evil corporate bigwigs sitting in an office plotting the best way to nickel and dime you to death, but the people working on this game are some great folks. Just this week I've seen members of their team pull all-nighters working on a patch, spend hours working through a single player's install issue well after they were supposed to go home for the night, and discuss the vagaries of cats and Star Wars as they attempt to reproduce a bug that crashes a player one in fifty times they warp from one side of Mauna Loa to the other. The people who made this legitimately want people to enjoy it and are trying to make the best product they can.

If you're going to play pretend about the Conspiracy to Destroy Simulation Forever™, why not just go a step further and pretend Flight doesn't exist? Act like nothing has changed since before the update and just stop caring about what goes on with it. If it bothers you that much to see other people enjoying something you don't like, why keep exposing yourself to it? Go back to enjoying the games you do like and let us enjoy this one without the frequent injections of pessimism and paranoia.

...yeah, I haven't slept yet. This happens sometimes. :Yawn:

Ok, IMHO, I think we will see a new Steve Balmer video one of this days but, instead of "Developers" he will be saying...

"Cockpitless"...

The audience will, by then, be the FLIGHT team, probably as big as the one in this tube given the tremendous success with cockpitless add-ons for FLIGHT:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8To-6VIJZRE

Main Simulation Rig:

If you're going to play pretend about the Conspiracy to Destroy Simulation Forever™, why not just go a step further and pretend Flight doesn't exist? Act like nothing has changed since before the update and just stop caring about what goes on with it. If it bothers you that much to see other people enjoying something you don't like, why keep exposing yourself to it? Go back to enjoying the games you do like and let us enjoy this one without the frequent injections of pessimism and paranoia.

...yeah, I haven't slept yet. This happens sometimes.

Wow, take someone's opinion and twist it into a conspiracy about destroying flight simulation forever, well done... I too can enjoy Flight, don't ASSUME I don't but I have every right to cringe when I see cockpitless planes in a Flight Simulator...

go take a deep breath and get some sleep... Seems like anyone who has anything but bells and whistles to say about Flight is a conspiracist and

Go back to enjoying the games you do like and let us enjoy this one without the frequent injections of pessimism and paranoia.

Right, because you should always only listen to people who share your opinion and shun others who don't!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Wow, take someone's opinion and twist it into a conspiracy about destroying flight simulation forever, well done... I too can enjoy Flight, don't ASSUME I don't but I have every right to cringe when I see cockpitless planes in a Flight Simulator...

It ain't all bad...

I actually use the shift Z function for gauge readouts (FS9/FSX airspeed & altitude) , more than looking at the panel. Just as with a car, I'm not usually focusing on a big panel positioned smack in the middle of my sight line. I'm not saying that I'm all for cockpitless aircraft ; just saying that, with the limitations of monitors, panels, and outside view ......it's not exactly realistic either.

L.Adamson

Yep, as a glider pilot I can confirm that looking outside is our main concern. We use that "irritating" vario-sound varioemeter that beeps to show you're climbing/able to climb, the yaw string as the PERFECT turn coordinator, and only look inside for radio or GPS stuff, but most PNAs used with gliding software are attached in a position that will make them vivible without having to look inside...

Maybe that's why I ended up accepting so well cockpitless aircraft :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Olá José, good for your new computer, I have an i5-2500K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 460 1 GB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and Flight defaults are Medium for all settings. This gives very good performance, almost always get the 60 FPS since I am locked to that. But, of course I set everything to High or Maximum like most people and performance will suffer. It is still very flyable, but I have since put everything back to High and get very good performance. Good luck!

Best regards.

Luis

Thx for the info Luis ! I will pick it next friday, then it will take some days until I get everything ready to install FLIGHT :-)

FlightGear will follow... Finally I'll have a machine to run it properly, so I hope...

Olá José, good for your new computer, I have an i5-2500K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 460 1 GB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and Flight defaults are Medium for all settings. This gives very good performance, almost always get the 60 FPS since I am locked to that. But, of course I set everything to High or Maximum like most people and performance will suffer. It is still very flyable, but I have since put everything back to High and get very good performance. Good luck!

Best regards.

Luis

Main Simulation Rig: