Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

The P-40! Released At Microsoft Flight.

Where is this game headed? I really don't know.

Cockpitless aircraft - a no no with me.

I just bought the Maule. A really good buy.

Where is this game headed? I really don't know.

Cockpitless aircraft - a no no with me.

I just bought the Maule. A really good buy.

Good question! Looks like its headed in the wrong direction. Only for the fact that an Alaska add-on is imminent I think the backlash would be greater.

Now that the guys at Microsoft have delivered three WW II fighters w/o cockpit they might seriously consider providing us Alaska w/o airports Straight%20Face.gif

If it´s for the pure joy of flying, as they keep telling us, who cares for the toil of takeoffs and landings anyway ...

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

Is it not much the same thing with multiple 'samey' cars in Forza, say? I'm pretty sure my sons used to prefer to 'drive' cars from the exterior view anyway - was never my thing, but we might actually be surprised at the preferences of the masses. Assuming like many above that cockpitless = Fail might not be accurate. And assuming that 'not buying' by the niche 'sim fans' will change anything may be misguided...

Roll on Alaska and a decent plane you can fly from inside...

My 24 year old son grew up with Playstation and so far has bought all the DLCs for Flight. He always flies for external view. He even managed the RV-6 ILS landing from exterior view. I think that MS may have more people interested in exterior view than we of the "simulation" community would beleive.

It is very easy to go down. It is not easy to go up... If people knows only lie, how can they know about truth?

I do not understand why MS do not make 2 versions, with VC and without? Who is this "wise" person decided not to make cockpits at all? Why he (she) thinks, that those people who likes cockpits must not fly WWII aircrafts from the cockpit?

Maybe Ms are onto something here.

In the future maybe there will be cockpitless aircraft where the pilot sits on the wing and the passengeres sit on the tail.Nail%20Biting.gif

steve-0

@ RagTag: Yeah, and I´m afraid those customers who are satisfied with outside looks might be the silent majority. Only MS sales numbers might prove me wrong, but I guess we oldfashioned simmers are just a loud minority shouting against a deaf wall :sad:

@ steve: if they bring them out, at least I know who´s to blame :biggrin: . BTW, might be a helluva job to get the trim right ...

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

@ RagTag: Yeah, and I´m afraid those customers who are satisfied with outside looks might be the silent majority. Only MS sales numbers might prove me wrong, but I guess we oldfashioned simmers are just a loud minority shouting against a deaf wall :sad:

Of course, sales numbers of one version of a product in a vacuum are meaningless. Sales would have to be compared to the other version of the product (a warbird with a cockpit, in this case, covering the same sales-period) to actually form a valid assessment of which version the customers prefer.

Racing games most drive from the outside because in order to drive reliably and accurately from the interior you need to memorize the course. Just like real drivers do. That's obviously asking a lot from the average racer so they choose to drive from the outside to better judge braking distance and depth of the turns.

When I first got Dirt 3 I drove from the outside. Then I moved to the interior once I memorized a certain regions tracks. Then to the point all I ever did was drive from the interior. Key point.. The option was there.. ******* even GTA4 cars have a interior driving view. :LMAO:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Well, it looks better than the P-51. But I think I will leave this one as the demo version only, and stick with the A2A one on the other sim. That might change if they make a cockpit one day.

Mike

Sales would have to be compared to the other version of the product (a warbird with a cockpit, in this case, covering the same sales-period) to actually form a valid assessment of which version the customers prefer.

That would require more input from MS than they currently seem willing to invest into this venture. And maybe they even have some measure of comparison by the sales numbers of the Maule and the RV-6 on one hand and those WW II drones on the other. Reducing it to a simple question of a cost benefit analysis, selling the bare outside shell of a plane without having to do countless expensive hours of programming the intricate cockpit details and still be able to sell some thousands of those crippled planes may make sense to them.

Kinda reminds me of WW II Soviet war industry where they sent new tanks to the front with wooden crates instead of seats for the crew just to roll them out in great numbers ... Now don´t get me wrong, I´m far from comparing MS to the USSR but still their five-year-plan might need some minor adjustments

Im sure a lot of people will buy it to "show it off" and say "Looky, Im the first to have it" type deal.

I didnt get the zero and i'm not getting the P-40. VC is very important to me even though I started flight "Flying chase view", then as I got into it more, I am inside and it is hard to go back to chase view anymore. Plus I want something different than a WWII plane.

I rebuilt my PC last Sunday & haven't re-installed Flight (yet). Another war bird w/o a cockpit to boot is another failure.

I can't imagine what the MS Flight work place must be like. War bird enthusiasts talking about war birds 9 hours a day everywhere you go - the lunch room, the water cooler, the bathroom, endless war bird meetings in war bird conference rooms. Copious amounts of war bird photos and blow ups on the walls and hanging from the ceiling. Everyone at that company is in lust with war birds.

I can't imagine what the MS Flight work place must be like. War bird enthusiasts talking about war birds 9 hours a day everywhere you go - the lunch room, the water cooler, the bathroom, endless war bird meetings in war bird conference rooms. Copious amounts of war bird photos and blow ups on the walls and hanging from the ceiling. Everyone at that company is in lust with war birds.

And hidden away in a dark, little room, in a far away corner of the building, is our brave hero... working on Alaska... and a beautiful bush plane with VC. :wink:

I only hope they'll go the route of Captain Sim. That company often sold external models for FSX at a reduced cost while the model was still in development. Later, they would offer the VC patch at a reasonable cost.