Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Ivy Bridge hits the streets--post your results here

That would be a close one performance wise. I'd just stick with what you have and get a PCIe3 Nvidia GPU. Also, OC that 3930K.

Hey Ben,

What is the default vCore for the 2700?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Anyone with an i5 3570k or an i7 3770k, GTX 680 and a Z77 based motherboard test out FSX? Can someone here run GPU-z and tell me if the latest official drivers for the GTX 680 from Nvidia support PCIe 3.0 on Ivy Bridge processors? I read that the latest official drivers for the GTX 680 don't support PCIe 3.0 on SB-E and I want to know if this also true for Ivy Bridge as well? Note: I don't have a GTX 680 but might consider it if PCIe 3.0 will be supported on SB-E processors since I have an i7 3930k and if it makes a noticeable difference in FSX.

Hey Ben,

What is the default vCore for the 2700?

Around 1.15 volts or so.

Around 1.15 volts or so.

That can't be! 1.15v overvalued to 3.4v??!! No way!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Anyone with an i5 3570k or an i7 3770k, GTX 680 and a Z77 based motherboard test out FSX? Can someone here run GPU-z and tell me if the latest official drivers for the GTX 680 from Nvidia support PCIe 3.0 on Ivy Bridge processors? I read that the latest official drivers for the GTX 680 don't support PCIe 3.0 on SB-E and I want to know if this also true for Ivy Bridge as well? Note: I don't have a GTX 680 but might consider it if PCIe 3.0 will be supported on SB-E processors since I have an i7 3930k and if it makes a noticeable difference in FSX.

Current NV drivers only support PCIe 3.0 on IB processors (native Gen 3).

X79/ SB-E (native gen 2) is waiting on NV to validate PCIe 3 speeds on X79/SB-E chipsets with the GTX680 before they will fully support it. NV said once they can validate Gen 3 speeds with SB-E they will make it part of the official drivers.

Picked up a 3770K and an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 board last night along with a Thermaltake Frio Extreme (best air cooler Micro Center had). Still deciding on graphics card though, nobody has 680s it seems. Thought about Sandy Bridge for about half a second, but decided PCI-e 3 and faster Quick Sync was enough for me to go with Ivy. I'll post OC results and FSX performance when I have time to build, probably won't be until Thursday though.

Picked up a 3770K and an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 board last night along with a Thermaltake Frio Extreme (best air cooler Micro Center had). Still deciding on graphics card though, nobody has 680s it seems. Thought about Sandy Bridge for about half a second, but decided PCI-e 3 and faster Quick Sync was enough for me to go with Ivy. I'll post OC results and FSX performance when I have time to build, probably won't be until Thursday though.

What GPU do you have? I am very eager to see the FSX results.

What GPU do you have? I am very eager to see the FSX results.

None for now, no hardware carrying over to this build (see old system in sig for reason why). I'm borrowing a GTS 250 from a friend tonight until I can get a 680. Probably go EVGA but Gigabyte and MSI are options also.

Oooh, can't wait for the results...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thermaltake Frio Extreme (best air cooler Micro Center had).

Good gosh that thing is huge plus $99.00?!? You could have gotten Antec 620 and been within a degree for $40.00 less.

Still deciding on graphics card though, nobody has 680s it seems.

It will be hit or miss for a while. I only got mine by having chrome auto-refresh on Newegg's 680 page every 10-20 minutes (so my IP would not get blocked) and watching. Just happened EVGA's were placed in stock that day and sold out in 30 minutes.

Just have to keep looking. The Microcenter in Denver only got two (2) when I checked several weeks ago.

One word of caution, Tiger and Amazon are selling 680's but you need to watch the ship dates. Tiger was taking orders that would not ship for weeks.

Are you going straight to water cooling for that nuclear furnace?!

Noel

Are you going straight to water cooling for that nuclear furnace?!

:LMAO:

I am going to go out a limb and predict that assuming that the max OC of IB is 4.5 Ghz, the FSX performance is going either same of worse than SB @ 4.5 GHz, plus the heat. I am basing this prediction on the FSXMark11 results so far, clock for clock SB matches Bloomfield, where SB leaves Bloomfield in the dust is at higher OC that SB can attain.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020