Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Anti Piracy Measure

I consider that specious.

You have two choices when you are suffering a wound: You can disinfect and bandage the wound, or you can cut off the entire offending limb, solving the problem, but introducing many others just as bad or worse.

Really???

So... in your opinion piracy just needs some disinfectant and a bandage???

Like so many other youngsters you choose to blame the companies for the theft... I really don't understand that concept at all.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Really???

So... in your opinion piracy just needs some disinfectant and a bandage???

Like so many other youngsters you choose to blame the companies for the theft... I really don't understand that concept at all.

What is the usual fate of animals that resist or refuse to change? The old models simply don't work in the digital age, and coming up with distortion after distortion to make the the new world resemble the old one isn't working and will not work.

The companies and corporations need to find other ways, yet they spend their time instead crushing innovation, often by flaunting others rights while insisting on their own. Meanwhile the world moves past them. How many billions have the motion picture and music and internet companies spent attempting to squash this? How many brilliant unbreakable schemes have been quickly broken? How many new laws are filling the books aimed at things that nobody even uses anymore because the technology raced on?? How many legitimate companies will be shut down because their services might also be used in ways that infringe? How many internet sites must now walk in tiptoe lest they catch the eye of some enraged giant for some trifling violation as significant as tears in an ocean? Where does it stop and how much is reasonable?

Where is the balance as libraries now worry that DRM companies might go out of business and leave behind books that nobody will be able to decrypt and read? Where is balance and reason when sentences for copyright infringement can exceed those for murder?!

Narrow focus on one facet of a problem while ignoring all the laws of unintended consequences leads to bad decisions, and worse laws. The fact that co-opted government agency's feel the need to negotiate these things in utmost secrecy, then ram them through with no oversight or review even by agency's otherwise responsible (unless intercepted by alert watchdogs) pretty much shows the pedigree of these attempts.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

What 'innovation' is 'crushed' by wiping The Pirate Bay off the internet? I'm a bit fuzzy on that.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

What 'innovation' is 'crushed' by wiping The Pirate Bay off the internet? I'm a bit fuzzy on that.

EDITED. Moot point

You'refocusing on the ThePirateBay a bit much to have any real point to make in this particular thread. What other's (and the post you responded to) are saying is that legislation unchecked can lead to undesired consequences for certain other "freedoms". I think that's a simple enough point to take out of every post in here that has conveyed such a view.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I don't represent any company.

The OP is about the UK blocking The Pirate Bay. I don't think I'm off base one bit.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The OP is about the UK blocking The Pirate Bay. I don't think I'm off base one bit.

If you'd read the thread, you'd recognize you are by now a bit off course. The topic came off TPB completely, and went into general discussion about censoring, if I'm not mistaken.

I think this topic should be slowly closed. It has ran it's course.

I was always taught stealing is stealing. My 5 year old little girl understands this.

The comparison between censorship and allowing pirate sites is moot as long as the later breaks the law. It is simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you'd read the thread, you'd recognize you are by now a bit off course. The topic came off TPB completely, and went into general discussion about censoring, if I'm not mistaken.

I think this topic should be slowly closed. It has ran it's course.

I agree and it is now closed.