Sign in to follow this  
utd4life10

Where do you acquire your flight plans?

Flightaware for US and copy that into FSBUILD. Great combo.

thanks guys that will same me about 20 minutes work

Vroute and RouteFinder

I already have vroute free installed. Is it uploaded to fsx flight plan or PMDG

ZORAN

I use Wikipedia to make sure the airline flies to where I want, then I use SimRoutes to look up a route. If SimRoutes finds a route, (go to) A. If SimRoutes doesn't find a route, (go to) B.

A. I use Flightaware to make sure the SIDs and STARs are correct.

B. I use Flightaware to find a real world route, and if it doesn't find anything, then my last resort is Rfinder (the free site).

thanks guys that will same me about 20 minutes work

I already have vroute free installed. Is it uploaded to fsx flight plan or PMDG

yes, it works without problem for the PMDG.

Kevin,

In the Eurocontrol DB, you get some latest fp's including full rooute, ac type and FL. There is no specific date of flight number.

I use www.Aivlasoft.com EFB software package, never had a problem yet.

Wycliffe

yea i use the same too, the good thing about this it shows you the sids and stars that are available for you to choose from on the map display.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Vroute Premium

well I had a look at both and came down to these 2

www.Aivlasoft.com

Vroute premium

Both had great reviews , I like things nice and simple (the VC gets a good work out every flight) and I was lost with Aivlasoft after the install, it had trouble opening FSX and I couldn't follow the set up

Vroute was soooo simple, no key required and the best looking interface ive seen in any odd on and exports straight to PMDG in .rt

. Aivia soft does have a built in GPS though that tracks on the screen

Vroute has a 1 click fuel planner that exports and is tailor made for Vatism, showing the traffic and what controllers on line with export to vatism

ZORAN

Indeed, Vroute Premium is a godsend for those that fly on Vatsim. I do usually start off with picking a route from Flightaware so that I get the airliner, equipment and callsign correct and then let Vroute create that route. Most of the time that very route is already available in Vroute or with some slight alteration. From Vroute I export the route to Squawkbox and PMDG and the flight plan sheet. I save the flight plan sheet to pdf and send it to my iPad where I load it in FSKneeboard 2 (and do the same from Topcat). That way I have charts, flightplan, take off data, weather and checklists all available within the same iPad app.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

The four links simbrief pops up when entering a flight plan or the soploa's the different VATSIM centers have on-line.