Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kimber

What is your average flight time?

Your Average flight time?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average flight time?

• 40 minutes or less
    • 41 minutes to 59 minutes
    • 1 hour to 1hour 29 minutes
    • 1 hours 30 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes
    • 2 hours 31 minutes to 4 hours
    • 4 hours 1 minute to 5 hours 30 minutes
    • 5 hours 31 minutes and above
    • Charter Flight (based on real charter airline OPS)
    • Scheduled Flight (based on real scheduled airline OPS)
    • OdHoc - (not based on any real world airline OPS)

Interesting poll.

Myself, I tend to usually fly flights about an hour, seldom more than two hours. I cant quite leave myself otherwise occupied normally, since I dont watch TV and even though I have a "two monitor" setup - well really a screen connected to a laptop, the computer itself doesnt like to do both FSX and some movie rendering at once. I intend to buy me an asus padfone as it comes out, maybe then - using it for charts and whatnot on DEP/ARR and as an AVOD IFE screen in cruise. That could be workable.

--Peter Fabian 
RTFM.jpg

Don't know if you have seen it or not but someone did make that old Britannia livery recently. I am actually flying her now. Its on avsim and he did a good job. There are 2 versions. One with and one without winglets.

Yes I have downloaded the Britannia livery but I have found a few faults with it, the colours are slightly wrong and the livery starts a little to low down – but it’s passable

Kimberly

If you only count the amount of time spent airborne usually no more than 2.5 to 3 hours, I only fly scheduled routes I find on flightaware.

Alex Jevdic --- KORD

A<380-----Love at first flight

About 1-2 hours usually with the NGX. I'm not a big fan of long haul, I usually just fly long hauls twice per year (cross the pond event) + a few concorde flights (even tho the they fly europe-usa, it only takes 3.5 hours, so I'm not sure if that qualifies for long haul)

Johan Pettersen

I think a lot depends on your actual flying set up. sitting at a desk is going to get uncomfortable after a few hours hunched over a screen.

When I decided to jump in and buy the rig it was always going to be designed around the most important part of the cockpit....The lazy boy chair !

a simple set up , A short throw projector, screen and a coffee table either side of the lazy boy, on one side the Logitech pro on the other a saitek throttle quad.

reclined in the position I can fly 10 hrs however I prefer several shorter flights

ZORAN

Average flight time for me 2 - 3:30hrs.

Mainly flying out of Gatportairwick to European holiday destinations but when i do have the time i love to take the 747X across the pond from Heathrow, sadly not as often as i'd like to :sad: .

Chris Howard

I fly anywhere from 1-2.5 hours normally and have a second computer screen that I have setup to play the AA and United Safety videos with one click and Netflix, sometimes though if the movie is really good I cheat and add a bit more fuel and fly further to finish the movie

-Ryan Vince

4b066a9d93d0b2f8520deb93aec85148.jpg

Quote from 911 magazine: "- ...RSR delivers unparallelled performance and stunning looks"

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

40%
    $10,070.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now