Sign in to follow this  
miami747

FS Crash on arrivals

I haven't tried v1.4 yet, but until v1.3 the crash occurred now and then at engines shut down. Never used GSX, altough I use AES.

James Goggi

Hmmmmm....

I want to solve this but it's tough because I can't reproduce it.

I need someone who can reproduce it every time.

If you can do that, please PM me and I'll take a look at it via a Remote Desktop.

For the record I dont use either GSX or AES, but I still have the crashes on arrival as described above. Not every flight, maybe half of them.

I also have the problem with the start lever position during the pre-flight checklist on every flight. The FO always says "Are you sure about that?" even though the start levers are in the correct position. But for some reason during the shutdown checklist he never says "Are you sure about that?"

Hope you can figure these out Bryan. But neither is a showstopper for me. Still enjoying the NGX version of FS2Crew very much.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Gary,

Are you using external hardware?

Assuming you're not getting the SDK message, that's the only thing I can think of that might explain the Start Levers "are you sure about that" call.

Sometimes external hardware does not sync properly.

I just made 4 flights in a row today without GSX, no crashes. 2 in the 700 and 2 in the 600. I don't use FSPAX.

Hi Bryan, I don't use FSPassengers either.

Did another 2 flights last night, used FS2Crew but as I mentioned earlier used GSX to refuel catering and boarding, but after landing didn't use GSX to taxi to gate. No CTD at shutdown, then used GSX to offload passengers. No problem.

As I mentioned. I only seem to get CTD when I use the GSX marshal with his batons.

Cheers Paul Dubois

Follow up:

One guy from Button Control said this:

"For me i have solved the problem in this way:

When i reached the gate, i don´t use the parking brakes. In the FMC i activate the wheel chokes, then the FO starts the shutdown sequence too...and no CTD."

I'm still at a loss to explain this as everyone's experience seems to be different...

And it seems to be isolate to a handful of users.

Very strange :Nerd:

Gary,

Are you using external hardware?

Assuming you're not getting the SDK message, that's the only thing I can think of that might explain the Start Levers "are you sure about that" call.

Sometimes external hardware does not sync properly.

Hey Bryan, Thanks for the help.

I'm not getting the SDK message. I'm not sure what you mean by "external hardware does not sync properly.". The only external hardware I run is: 1) Saitek Pro Flight Yoke + Throt Quadrant, 2) Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, and 3) Track Clip Pro for Track IR 5. Not running the Saitek Calibration software. All connected via USB. I checked all of my button/key assingments in FSX and FSUIPC for the fuel start levers and I have nothing assinged for start levers.

Could you possibly change the Captain's response to "Set" or "Checked" instead of "Cuttoff"? Like I said its not a showstopper. Just a minor thing.

Thanks,

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Is that the same with everyone else?

I can confirm this. Two flights today without GSX. One flight with GSX which crashed during shutdown right after Slides disarmed call.

The only external hardware I run is: 1) Saitek Pro Flight Yoke + Throt Quadrant, 2) Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, and 3) Track Clip Pro for Track IR 5.

Hi Gary,

Does your throttle quadrant have fuel cutoff switches?

What can happen is the hardware sends a signal saying the fuel switch is in a certain position that doesn't necessary match up with the actual position of the fuel switch in the aircraft.

Cheers,

This is only a suggestion, I would download the FSDT standalone manager from FSDT, as if your couati exe is corrupted, it will repair it. It may be the cause of the DLL crashes. Even if you have GSX or not. If you don't use any FSDT products, then dis regard.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

This is only a suggestion, I would download the FSDT standalone manager from FSDT, as if your couati exe is corrupted, it will repair it. It may be the cause of the DLL crashes. Even if you have GSX or not. If you don't use any FSDT products, then dis regard.

Hi Julian,

Perhaps that's it.

I have a fully activated GSX and it works fine for me. I can't reproduce this crash.

Hi all,

I've had some random crashes on arrival, some on the taxi way some at shut down. I think that FsPassenger might be the problem for me. I'm not using the windows on FsPassenger but still have had a problem with CTD. I'm also using Radar Contact so one of the things I have tried is as soon as I get ground instructions at my arrival airport I'm exiting out of Radar Contact. So far so good. I'll let you know if I have any more CTD using that solution.

DonMcDaniel

CaptMac