Sign in to follow this  
jfri

The Fokker 70 / 100 from digital aviation has caught my interest

I'm considering buying this plane since it seems to offer high degree of model simulation together with good looking panels at a reasonable price. I would particulary be interested in hearing from people who has flewn this plane in both FSX and FS9 and also the Leonardo Maddog (which I already have).

I wonder of the FSX version is native FSX or just the FS9 version made compatible with FSX. The latter is from what I have heard bad for performence in FSX. My experience with the Maddog is that it struggles with performence. What are your impressions of Fokker? Well spent money?

Hello

Sadly no VC otherwise I would have bought it when it was first released years ago.The Maddog struggles with fps in FSX due to it being a port over, I don't think the Fokker is FSX native either.

I will not let a port over anywhere near my FSX install purely for performance reasons.

It's a superb aircraft. I have no FPS issues at all with it. Shame it doesn't have a VC, but that doesn't stop me from flying it, it's too good to let it go.

I didn't buy it (offered), so my opinion on buying it is not legitimate :)

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

NO VC.. i will never give them my money since they promised it to buyers but never lived up to their promises

Hello

Sadly no VC otherwise I would have bought it when it was first released years ago.The Maddog struggles with fps in FSX due to it being a port over, I don't think the Fokker is FSX native either.

I will not let a port over anywhere near my FSX install purely for performance reasons.

I think a VC is less important in an airliner compared to a GA plane. Actually I prefer 2D panels in an airliner. For example looking at the overhead in a VC is tricky because of perspective. But otherwise it seems that a VC is coming for the fooker.

I think a VC is less important in an airliner compared to a GA plane. Actually I prefer 2D panels in an airliner. For example looking at the overhead in a VC is tricky because of perspective

Hello

I have never used anything else other than the VC and TrackIR, looking at the overhead is never a problem now we have Ezdok.

There will never be a VC for the Fokker, it has been years since a few screenshots were shown and Florian has moved on, there is no one left to finish the VC off.

Never had any performance issues, either, but the lack of a VC keeps me from flying it. DA have promised to continue thier work on the VC after they started to cooperate with Aerosoft, but considering how slow work goes on with their CRJ (Just saw that their first in-game screenshots are form 2009 or 2010, and still nothing released), the VC will probably never be done at all.

Never had any performance issues, either, but the lack of a VC keeps me from flying it. DA have promised to continue thier work on the VC after they started to cooperate with Aerosoft, but considering how slow work goes on with their CRJ (Just saw that their first in-game screenshots are form 2009 or 2010, and still nothing released), the VC will probably never be done at all.

Where did you hear that? It'd be nice if they did right by us paying customers. I'm still a bit p*ssed off at them for lying to us. I bought it when it was first released and haven't installed it again, the installer is dusting away on my harddrive somewhere.

I discovered then that I 1: need a VC and 2: Will never pay for something half finished ever again.

Read about it on various places, mainly in some German flight sim magazines, but also found something here. And some screenshots from the VC under construction (2010). Don't look too bad IMHO.

Edited by OE-LAT

What is your system that gives no performence issues? My system is

AMD Phenom II X4 3.4 GHz

4 Gb PC6400 RAM

NVIDIA GTS 250 1 Gb Videocard

Win 7 x64 Home Premium

My system specs were quite a bit lower than yours. Ran it on a 4 years old laptop with 2.2GHz and 2GB RAM. Didn't try it on my new machine, though.

Remember to install the latest version (SP2.5?), the initial release did have FPS issues on my system.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Would have loved flying the Fokker in fsx but not having a vc really killed it for me if anything they should have lowered the price on for not having that feature, I really hope flight1 does something about maybe it a v2? with a new model and vc done by flight1 and maybe a slight small update to the systems but keep the systems code DA made for the Fokker.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Would have loved flying the Fokker in fsx but not having a vc really killed it for me if anything they should have lowered the price on for not having

From what I have understood the lack of a VC in FSX (but not FS9) means that when you don't look forward you see nothing of the plane, right? That I think is what the lack of a VC bothers me most.

From what I have understood the lack of a VC in FSX (but not FS9) means that when you don't look forward you see nothing of the plane, right? That I think is what the lack of a VC bothers me most.

What? No.. it means that you look at a 2D sprite panel instead of a whole 3D cockpit in which you can look around - giving you the feeling you're actually IN an aircraft. Adds x10 immersion and realism