Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Catleap Q270 LED + Ergotron MX Arm

I hate my Samsung 24incher since I'm using it as my 2nd screen, but I really couldn't care less for that since it's used primarily for SB4, moving maps, EFB, AS etc.

im thinking of doing this now when i format and do a clean install of windows/fsx. How can i set up my AS2012 and Squawkbox in another computer? I will be using a laptop though, and which are the moving maps you talk about?

Is EFB any different than FSkneeboard for iPad? I have fskneeboard but dont have any software of the same sort for the pc>>laptop.

edit: I read over at overclock.net forums about calibration and just loaded one of the three calibration profiles, the catleap native one(the other two looked off) with 8 button presses up from the lowest brightness level. So far it looks nice. I havent had time to sit down and play with it yet too much so i dont know if it has any light bleeding or any other defect. I did try looking for dead pixels using white/black/red/green screens but didnt see anything in the center area.

On how to set up a AS2012 on remote computer, there is really a detailed manual in AS documentation on setting up a simmconnect connection between main and remote computer (prerequisite being a fully working network with shares). When that is running correctly, AS2012 only needs to be installed and is working correctly, provided you shared the main FSX folder and FSX data folder (where fsx.cfg is located).

Moving map: I am using both Aivlasoft EFB (it has a moving map, albeit navigational and not maps) and I can set up Google Maps to follow if I wish.

EFB is very different that FSK on iPad. FSK is basically a chart view, while on EFB you have charts on navdata basis as I understand it, with a moving map showing you much much more. Check the Aivlasoft site. You can install EFB for 30days free, so you can use it 100% before you decide to buy. Probably the best 50€ I ever invested into this hobby...

Well, another happy custmer - just weigh the price of the monitor with the picture you have in front of you and all is going to become clear :smile:

Is fsb running on a diff pc as well? How is that connected thru the network?

I should be receiving my mx arm soon maybe today. Then format the ssd and clean install/setup. I pumped my cpu to 4.8ghz and just run it as is, testing for stability using prime or ibt im finding it annoying. Ill set my vcore and use the pc, if it fails ill increase it and so on. I also got new fans for my hyper212+, Cougar Vortex 120mm PWM fans.

Pics will come once im done, now that i have four days off i should be set by thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FSB is on my lap. Also all other programs. The only active apps on my main computer while flying are FSX and FSB DataProvider, rest is all on the laptop.

What do you mean by "How is that connected thru the network?"? Simple network setup with a router.

To set up the FSB correctly though you must follow the manual. At first I through of omitting it, but then I saw I really need to read it. If I would have to do it blindly now, I wouldn't know all the steps. Especially parts about setting it up correctly for online flying.

I am very interested in this monitor. Have 2 x GTX 580's and found another one reasonably priced used. Thus, get a MB that supports 3 way SLI. That should run 3 x 2560 x 1400, I would guess. Be a nice surround set up!

Drumsonly, unfortunately no matter how many cards you have, for FSX, it won't really matter, except in some situations. No matter the resolution. The best bet is always a single fastest card.

FSB is on my lap. Also all other programs. The only active apps on my main computer while flying are FSX and FSB DataProvider, rest is all on the laptop.

What do you mean by "How is that connected thru the network?"? Simple network setup with a router.

To set up the FSB correctly though you must follow the manual. At first I through of omitting it, but then I saw I really need to read it. If I would have to do it blindly now, I wouldn't know all the steps. Especially parts about setting it up correctly for online flying.

i referred to that, the manual steps on how to link it to the main fsx pc. So it does have instructions like as2012. Good. Is there any new program or programs other than squawk box to connect to vatsim, last time i flew vatsim was 2009. But now that my setup is in my living room i can fly while the girl is sleeping. I got my arm yesterday and set it up. Unfortunately i ended up damaging the bezel plastic but i think that was bound to happen anyways, either way its not like i can see it. Like u said its only visible if u look at the sides or something very close.

Will post pics soon.....

I don't really know what needs what as I just have everything, but this combo works perfectly: FSX + FSUIPC + WIDEFS Server+Client + AS2012 + SB4 + EFB. I don't need anything else to have fully working VATSIM. Be aware that EFB is a little buggy when displaying traffic on VATSIM, but learn to live with it :smile: I think it's just some small incompatibility with IVAO users.

Heh, are you talking about the plastic on top of the arm, that is there only for beauty puposes, covering the screw for adjustment? Because mine was also broken off, I got the replacement from Amazon. Seems like a weak-point. Ah well... each product has one.

Cool, looking forward!

I meant the display plastic which i had to pry with a flat head screw driver. I damaged the plastic as it said online. It was hard not to damage it and take both pieces apart. What i did at one point was use two screw drivers and therefore the force was applied over a larger area so it didnt damage it any longer.

Ill look into setting up all those programs in the laptop. Thanks.

Hi Word Not Allowed, just a heads up but I take it you haven't seen the new rules regarding signatures and PC Specs on the index page. Tom has asked everyone to spread the word and I would have hoped Tom would have contacted his staff at least directly before making the announcement to make sure of compliance by his staff, but that would appear to have not been the case. This is mandatory change by the way, it is not optional, mods will be expected to enforce this going forward.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/377876-pc-specifications-now-in-profile/

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Andy. Yeah, missed that. Will get onto it ASAP.

My piggy bank is starting to fatten up. Got a computer being built to run them and soon I'll be flying with sliders cranked but no money in the bank! Thanks for the info Word Not Allowed.

this screen is stellar....i love looking at it with 2560*1440 wallpaper..

Word Not Allowed (anyone else who purchased this), is the monitor below the same thing (I think it is)?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008B6I5UW/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

The reason I ask is because It apparently comes with a better stand which will remove some headache for me. Amazon has a number of offerings from the same merchant, all of them seem to be the same IPS panel in black or white with various options (tilt stand, built in speakers, etc.). I am seriously thinking about purchasing, the only thing keeping me from making the jump has to do with compatibility of a second monitor. My current setup is 2 old 22" LCDs on the Sim computer and a 19" on the secondary computer. My hope is to use this new IPS as a the primary and one of the current 22" as a secondary monitor on the Sim PC and move the remaining 22" to the secondary PC. Will a GTX670 play nice with 2 monitors running at separate resolutions or will that cause problems? If not its not the end of the world as I would use the IPS on the Sim and move my two 22" to the secondary PC (I use Input Monitor to have one KB and mouse for both PC so I can still make use of all three monitors with ease, its just I've found that 2 monitors on the main PC tends to work out better for me).

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Crossover is basically the same monitor. Same panel, same pcb, different casing.