Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

DX10 Flashing Runways - Experimental Shader

I have been trying out the DX10 settings and my hat is off to the op for all his hard work. I have never experienced this level of smoothness in FSX. I was able to get my system running at 30 and smooth using the nvidia 1/2 refresh rate tweaks. I never did get real smooth control inputs to the system even though the scenery was very smooth. This DX10 mod fixes that and does so with style. B) I still am not sure I have the AA settings set for best possible view. I have I-920 Clocked at 3.8, windows 7 and 460 1gig video card. Could someone using similar equipment who has it all sorted out please post inspector settings and in game settings plus .cfg tweaks if different from normal. It's a long topic and gets a bit confusing in some places. Thanks and if you havent tried this it may be worth your while.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

goto check his blog! he found a way to smooth the cockpit shadow!

Yay! That was one of the main issues I had with DX10!!!!!!

I tried this and cannot get rid of uneven lines on the ultralight (screenshot attached).

Um... Screenshot not attached.... :lol:

..and... Are you talking about AA or about cockpit shadow?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Sorry about the screenshot. I'll try again.

do I need BMP?

AA, the cables on the ultralight are really broken!

One way is to get yourself a DropBox (free) and put the file/photo in it, then copy the link to the post - like here:-

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zg1e1i7ohvphxio/6onQ7R7iqA

Yeah - the AA isn't where it needs to be. - sorry, P545 - we were both posting at the same time.

The shadow is fixed, but I think Steve plans to release it as another patch soon. (going on vacation for a couple of weeks.) It does work, I've tried it on the C172, and will do some more comparisons today.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Aaaaah... but all aircraft are like this in the preview page. If you turn on AA within the sim - it looks much better.

But if I turn off DX10 preview thwe lines straighten right out!

But if I turn off DX10 preview thwe lines straighten right out!

It is just a bug with the preview box. Actual flight models (once you start a flight) are fine if you turn on AntiAliasing. If you have an NVIDIA card, use control panel to adjust the settings. If you have AMD/ ATI, use Catalyst Control Center.

It is just a bug with the preview box. Actual flight models (once you start a flight) are fine if you turn on AntiAliasing. If you have an NVIDIA card, use control panel to adjust the settings. If you have AMD/ ATI, use Catalyst Control Center.

What I am trying to say is the actual flight model looks exactly the same. If I turn off DX10 preview, even with the modified shaders, the lines straighten out, aa or no aa!

What I am trying to say is the actual flight model looks exactly the same. If I turn off DX10 preview, even with the modified shaders, the lines straighten out, aa or no aa!

That is odd. Do you have AA turned on in the sim as well? or is it just outside the sim? I have used dx10 preview without that issue.....

Aa is turned on in nvidia inspector and in the sim!

Aa is turned on in nvidia inspector and in the sim!

Have you turned on AA + Fxaa in nvidia control panel? I don't use inspector, so in theory, your results should be waaaaaaaaay better than mine as far as smoothing goes.