Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

DX10 Flashing Runways - Experimental Shader

Update: I just did look - to my surprise DX10 is drawing the progerssive taxi - it just isn't actually visible to us. Whether its fixable I don't know yet ...

Yeah DX10 has always drawn the progressive taxi as you can view it from the 'top down' view (F12) when zoomed in. So presumably it's just an ordering problem.

It sort of worked for me. Here is my feedback.

1) Note that I have Bojote's shader 3 mod installed. I did not remove it before applying your instructions.

- I also left Nvidia Inspector unchanged in its AA settings but did check AA in game.

2) It worked with DX10 Preview, bloom checked.

3) If found it very unstable with FSX crashing several times.

4) I could not get into full screen mode. Finally worked but all FSX did was remove borders, it did not expand screen to full screen.

5) I tried to undock the default GPS and move it to my second screen, FSX then crashed.

Please advise if you have any ideas on how to resolve these issues.

thanks,

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Mark same question as above really. Does dx10 work without for you without the patch?

Shader changes should as far as I can see affect visibility of individual objects rather than the sim as a whole, but I could be mistaken!

Steve, I'm mostly concerned with missing textures that make for broken virtual cockpits and ruin the immersion. Too bad only the add-on devs can fix it. Thanks again for your work! Can't wait to try it out myself.

Steve, I'm mostly concerned with missing textures that make for broken virtual cockpits and ruin the immersion. Too bad only the add-on devs can fix it. Thanks again for your work! Can't wait to try it out myself.

Have you tried Add On Converter X? It converted a lot of (admittedly non-payware) non DX10 compatible aircraft of mine.

Yet another version must be 1.2

It contains a "fix" for progressive taxi.

If you haven't installed before then follow the instructions in post #53 but using the two new files here instead of the files attached to post 53.

If you installed v1.1 already then all you need to do is put these two files into FSX\ShadersHLSL\General, turn on whatever fixes you wish to use and then rebuild the shaders as in steps 6 and 8 above.

DONT FORGET most patches are off by default in the file.

I think that progressive taxi is actually a texture mapping problem! The texture has a yellow arrow in the middle and the background is red. The alpha (transparency channel) is transparent except for the yellow arrow and a little border of red around it.

The drawcalls are all fine so far as I can see.

The problem is (I think)is that the mapping from the texture to the triangle shapes it draws is wrong and so it draws red completely transparent arrows!!

The patch just inverts the alpha blending so I get a red triangle from somewhere else in the texture sheet but it must be possible to fix the texture and not have a patch at all.

Steve

I really havent tested the new patch much so good luck

Steve

Many thanks for your efforts. It is greatly appreciated.

I'll try the new version.

Any chance of a fix for the black car headlights?

Peter

Peter

I will see what I can do, but watching Germany beating Netherlands in European championships at the moment.

Is this any car? I have vehicles at zero so i have never seen one in dx10

Steve

Steve

It's the parked cars at airports. I think they're default FSX ones, but other developers use them.

Enjoy the football.

Peter

Lucevan, sorry have tried and looked all over. All cars, airport vehicles look fine to me. Any known locations?

I tried V1.2 tonight and still had the same problems, with the exception that I could load the NGX. Still not full screen (just windowed without the border) and could not drag panels to my other monitor. Note that I use the build in Intel HD Graphics on my i2500K chip for the second monitor. Also tried the original FSX shaders and it did not work any better. Any startup of FSX in full screen mode just crashed FSX at 80%.

So am I alone in these specific problems?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000