Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

DX10 Flashing Runways - Experimental Shader

It's only some of the older ORBX airports that use the default FSX cars. KORS uses newer ones without the problem.

It also affects some of the OzX NA airports

Thanks

Peter

Paul,

The settings I used were just... experimental ;-). They were without Vsync, unlocked FPS and the only goal was to determine the difference of FPS impact between AA methods. I wouldn't use them for "normal" simming as those settings would normally give me tearing, stutters and blurries.

Locking FPS at 30 + Vsync at half the refresh rate is what I normally use and that gives me 29/30 locked most of the time. The only tweaks I use are rather conservative :

[bufferPools]

RejectThreshold=131072

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

[Main]

DisablePreload=1

If there is a secret, it's probably that I don't use any Transparency Supersampling in NI (set to Off / Multisampling). It really kills my GPU when it's on. Guess I'll have to live with some shimmering until I upgrade my 285 GTX :-)

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Aaaah... Ok - hear ya! The never-ending search for that perfect woman! :Whistle:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Any idea why I get this strange magenta box at Flytampa TNCM using DX10? (not that it is caused by this mod - I had it before and after but I hoped the mod would fix it). It sits at the end of the runway and you end up flying through it.

Occurs in windowed and full screen.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

The pink box has long been an issue with FlyTampa's TNCM package. I don't think it's anything shaders will fix. I thought on their forums that had some hints about possible fixes but none worked for me a couple years ago when I was trying to run in DX10.

Yes it does. I am using 4 SGSS

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

@Lucevan

I have examined the drawcalls for the trucks.

It draws all the trucks in a single drawcall but then does a drawcall per truck with the "lights mask" plus mirrors. The texture sheet for cars has 20 or so different vehicles on whereas there is a single texture sheet for mirrors plus underneath chassis and the lights mask seems to overlay that in some way.

Also some of the blend settings don't seem fully specified for the mirrors.

And even odder the mirrors texture sheet seems to be used for the aircraft shadow.

I will look more over the weekend/read sdk but there are some strange things at least at first sight.

Steve

68088492.png

Hello Steve! thanks for you fixes!

is it possible to fix this?

that's from antialias not worknig in the preview window.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

...which you might be able to fix with an Nvidia Inspector combination of AA Setting of 4x4SS with 4x SparseGridSS, along with FSAA toggled On. These are my own "sort of" experimental settings, and might not work for others - but, in conjunction with the Terrain.fsh mod in the SgadersHLSL\Terrain folder - it did completely fix the shimmering experienced with the modded version of FlyTampa 's KSEA.

For me, Steve's mods have fixed DX10 perfectly, yielding stable airports and scenery, and giving a bonus of even better frames than we already have through the 1/2 Refresh Rate Vsync mod.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

and giving a bonus of even better frames than we already have through the 1/2 Refresh Rate Vsync mod.

See for me, I get worse frames. Are you guys actually getting 1/2 RR Vsync to work with DX10? Because it doesn't work for me, I get microstuttering and pauses with DX10 which really ruins it.

It's all going to depend upon what hardware you have, how you've setup your system, and FSX's config, Cap. I always set 30fps within the sim when using the 1/2 RR, and she usually sits around 29.9, with the odd diversion to 25-26. With DX10 - it stays at 29.9/30, and doesn't move.

DX10 "feels" more solid - my imagination, I know, because DX9 also "feels" solid too, but it is certainly slightly smoother and more fluid than it was before. I dumped the modified FlightZone's KPDX airport because of that flashing, and so now it needs testing again. For me - it's a new sim. Steve has made a huge difference to how I perceive the DX10 preview. It's very flyable.