Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

Is the 777 going to have the used look or more of a new look?

AA has the light on all the time and IIRC while the switch does not operate the light anymore they still use the chime to alert the cabin crew before takeoff.

AA's 772's are mostly old no? I was talking about 777's that are built 2011/2012 time ha. Not 1998 ;)

AA's 772's are mostly old no? I was talking about 777's that are built 2011/2012 time ha. Not 1998 ;)

They are a bit older but from being in the cabin they do a good job of keeping a fresh look inside during periodic overhauls, and we will see with their new ER's that are due in December. I've seen an Air France pic where they simply removed the whole knob lol

They are a bit older but from being in the cabin they do a good job of keeping a fresh look inside during periodic overhauls, and we will see with their new ER's that are due in December. I've seen an Air France pic where they simply removed the whole knob lol

The oldest was delivered in '99 and the newest in '08 or '09. At least one 77W will be on property with AA by the end of the year.

Guys,

I can't tell you what airline the NGX survey was done at but it was NOT Alaska or United.

The 777 is going to reflect the actual aircraft that we surveyed just like the NGX did - you'll probably be happy to know it wasn't as dirty though. To produce completely clean textures requires one of two things 1. full access to a brand new or close to brand new aircraft or 2. Vin and Jason spending an inordinate amount of time cleaning up and fixing source photos by hand. (this is not easy and would add significant length to the development - over 2000 very high res photos made up the NGX's textures, most of them in the cockpit - we shot 35GB of photos)

You're not going to get a filthy dirty airplane with the 777, but you are going to get one that looks like it's been worked in because that's exactly how the one we shot photos in looks.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guys,

I can't tell you what airline the NGX survey was done at but it was NOT Alaska or United.

The 777 is going to reflect the actual aircraft that we surveyed just like the NGX did - you'll probably be happy to know it wasn't as dirty though. To produce completely clean textures requires one of two things 1. full access to a brand new or close to brand new aircraft or 2. Vin and Jason spending an inordinate amount of time cleaning up and fixing source photos by hand. (this is not easy and would add significant length to the development - over 2000 very high res photos made up the NGX's textures, most of them in the cockpit - we shot 35GB of photos)

You're not going to get a filthy dirty airplane with the 777, but you are going to get one that looks like it's been worked in because that's exactly how the one we shot photos in looks.

Awesome! Thanks!

If my memory serves me correctly, The photo survey aircraft for the NGX was a 737-800 built in 2001 belonging to Sun Country. the team went out to Minneapolis in the middle of winter to photograph the bird. After some research, PMDG painted N804SY. This plane matches up with the 2001 build date, AND was in the sun country fleet at the time they would have done the photographs. This seems to be the most likely aircraft our beloved NGX is based from.

Oohhh well thats cool if it's true that the NGX was based off a Minnesota bird! Wish they would dropped by for coffee at my place while they were in town....haha

It was a Sun Country Airlines aircraft that they photo surveyed. If you look at the fire extinguisher pre-SP1, the label said Sun Country Airlines. With SP1 the label was changed to a generic PMDG one.

Guys,

Brilliant! So in between a new plane and an used in dirty plane? :)

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

A Virtual Cockpit and aircraft based on a Real plane that belongs to an Airline.

Unless you all want Private Jet Billionaire 777's, then it seems PMDG's right on track. Regardless, it's based on real photos. Based on what we saw in the NGX, we can bicker about clean and dirty all we want, but we will end up with perfection regardless. ;)

Trent Hopkinson

Guys,

-Well then that pretty much tells us that it was sun country. Not that it really matters, but its cool to solve little mysteries!

Peter Osborn