Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

AC/DC Metering Panel: Dotted or solid font?

Hi folks,

some days ago the AC/DC metering panel changed its font from dotted to a solid font.

I am not sure, but maybe this coincided with installing fsuipc.

1. Why is that?

2. What is right?

3. If the dotted font is right and fsuipc the reason for solid font, how can fsuipc and the dotted font coexist?

Thanx in advance,

19AB67

2012-6-8_9-38-39-158.jpg

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

It's not an FSUIPC issue. It must be coincidence as I've installed (and reinstalled for upgrades) FSUIPC and it's been fine. There have been a few topics about them, so if you run a forum search, you should be able to find them.

Kyle Rodgers

I had the same issue and reinstalling didn't solved the issue.

Send a ticket to pmdg, they will send you a copy of the missing font file. Search on the forum about it.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Happened to me after installing another add-on (can't remember what) and I uninstalled the add-on, then the NGX, then reinstalled the add-on, and the NGX after, and that worked.

I still can't get why such file can get lost...

Would somebody so kind and send the file to me? Thanx in advance.

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Got the file, everything fine again.

Open: How get the files lost?

(The font in the MD11 look also weird. Opened another ticket...)

Andreas Berg

Really I don't know, I lost my file maybe during one of the hotfix updates, and never had it restored, also if uninstalling and re-installing, same after Sp1, then, I decided to send the ticket and now it's working. No idea on what happened and why with this file.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

For sure a "dotted" font is the correct type. The displays on the real plane is from Osram, and every segment is a 5x7 dot matrix display. The HGS panel also have those Osram displays.

Interesting. This has just happened to me.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Something messed up your fsx fonts folder. Reinstall, then copy all fonts starting with pmdg from that folder to windows fonts folder and it should work.

No, In my case the font was completely missing. No luck in re-installing the NGX. I solved only by sending the ticket and obtaining the font file.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

It is possible that some "security" feature of Windows messes up with fonts that are not properly installed into Windows itself, but externally (within FSX folders). When I encounter similar problems, I try to install all fonts in my FS (or other) font folder - that corrects the problem more often than not.

I think that the problem is not in the installation, I lost my file after updates, others lost from a day to another. It is not an antivirus or windows UAC related problem, I run my pc as admin and have UAC disabled. I have also no AV installed.

The file was not updated from the ngx release so it is not part of the updates themselves.

It is something very strange.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

It is an odd one this. I submitted a ticket some 24 hours ago and still no reply to it which is most odd for these chaps. It's not a show stopper and I know they will get back to me some time today I am sure but I would love to know what caused this.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2