Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

Sad sad news about our Carbon Cub

lol @ scott

The tidbit of info Ray mentioned pretty much has me back on track. Using a bit of logic I'm pretty sure I know what feature might be included, and it is something I've wanted from the start, and will make a couple of the current planes more fun to fly over long distances. :Party: For me, anyways.

I do srsly hope for a nice new, faster plane with a VC. I would *love* a Dash-8 in Alaska, unless I'm wrong that is a faily popular non-bush plane there as well. But as others mentioned, at least a Caravan...

I'm slightly worried that the negativity might close the entire Flight project down. There's a negative hype here, a bad spiral. Well deserved too, I might add, but very very negative.

But I might be putting too much weight on a marginal group, us "simmers" that won't buy any aircraft without a VC aren't exactly their core customer base for this game.

The tidbit of info Ray mentioned pretty much has me back on track. Using a bit of logic I'm pretty sure I know what feature might be included, and it is something I've wanted from the start, and will make a couple of the current planes more fun to fly over long distances.

LOL The guessing game has started. I'm sorry but what RoboRay's referring to is not what you hope it is... It's about 'content' and while RoboRay (and me too btw) is hoping that "requires use of a cockpit-equipped aircraft decked out with more than just a simple panel" refers to a new plane with VC (and maybe some new toys), it could as well (as I said) refer to the Maule or RV-6A, because they both already have what's required... (This does NOT mean that what you are hoping for won't be seen in the game at any time.)

Too nice. Give him a Surface.

...and a Zune!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There's a negative hype here, a bad spiral. Well deserved too, I might add, but very very negative.

Perhaps this negativity is what the devs use to model the unhappy passengers and that whiny, sneering copilot.

sigPicF8.jpg

Perhaps this negativity is what the devs use to model the unhappy passengers and that whiny, sneering copilot.

:LMAO:

Yes! This is the perfect place to draw "inspiration" for it. We have our fair share of "Debbie Downers" here (and worse).

I am just hoping that the word "version" means that there is a "version" that will have a cockpit.

"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is."

Todd... I am not saying there will not be a deluxe aircraft w/ the release of Alaska (or soon after).

More to the point was... if it says "Basic"... it is clear "batteries not included" (i.e. no cockpit).

...and a Zune!

Cruelty knows no bounds. :lol:

I really wish they would add an option to reach over and push the copilot out when he says I am over-weight.

Todd... I am not saying there will not be a deluxe aircraft w/ the release of Alaska (or soon after).

More to the point was... if it says "Basic"... it is clear "batteries not included" (i.e. no cockpit).

I agree that MS has made it clear that there will be no VC on the Cub that comes bundled with AK. I am simply saying that by version they mean there will be a seperate, purchasable, Cub on the side.

Personally, I wish that the "basic" Cub was an option, I honestly don't even want it taking up hardrive space if it has no cockpit.

Personally, I wish that the "basic" Cub was an option, I honestly don't even want it taking up hardrive space if it has no cockpit.

I'm not happy about being forced to purchase a Basic plan just to get Alaska. They may call it "free" but you can rest assured that there is a few dollars for it rolled into the price of the scenery pack.

Should be easy to search for any file named cub and delete it with explorer.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I half believe that the growing aversion to the cockpitless planes extends almost as much from the feeling that every cockpitless plane released is a plane with a cockpit not released, as much as the fact that we are getting bored cross-eyed with them.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

refer to the Maule or RV-6A, because they both already have what's required...

What I'm hoping for is, shall we say, "full functionality" of both of those planes... :Nail Biting:

I half believe that the growing aversion to the cockpitless planes extends as much from the feeling that every cockpitless plane released is a plane with a cockpit not released, as much as the fact that we are getting bored cross-eyed with them.

You know, folks, it occurs to me that cockpitless aircraft are the future: Predator, Reaper, et al. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MQ-1_Predator_controls_2007-08-07.jpg. Time to abandon your fond hopes of an instrument panel; embrace the suck :-)!

sigPicF8.jpg

I guess it boils down to one simple question...Are you a Gamer?..If so "FLIGHT" delivers well..and ,more than the average game...And if your a Flight Simmer"..Well Flight can be a great vehicle for that too...The MAULE made it so,the Cockpit less planes did not...It seems MS has a dilemma here...Do they purse the GAME MARKET? do they pursue the Flight Sim Market,or do they try to slide down a razor blade of trying to please both??......What with all their talent it seems they can incorporate both...However,from what they do NOT revel is what path they will go...I for one would welcome a COMBO FLIGHT...Games and Sim..But will not accept only GAMES,with HALF PLANES!...Of course others will and thats OK...But Flight Simmers will not....Sims like FSX do in fact offer challenges as a feature..called MISSIONS. As gamey like as you may require..

This very forum has been and is a FLIGHT SIMULATION FORUM....Its the strengths of our hobby.!..Flying Models as real as it can get.. Offered by the greatest talents to deliver them.Best we clearly define what FLIGHT is...Its EYE CANDY SCENERY is compelling,however its Planes are not........Its MS obligation to make the call and put this too rest......They must recognize FLIGHT is not the only Desk Top Flying Game in town!..I Hope Microsoft adds to its FS9,FSX,and now FLIGHT...Making Desk Top Flight Simming a Rich and Diverse experience fowr all!!

Like Here..From VALDEZ PIONEER..PAUD................> WILLY POST -WILL ROGERS ..BARROW..PABR....Loaded with YUKON JACK,KEROSENE,MAIL.,Sled Dogs,Lumber,Snowmobile Parts!.and some Grand Parent Eskimos going home to see their family's!..the Stuff of Flight simming Imagination!...HAPPY LANDINGS!!!

screenshot1870.jpg

screenshot1871.jpg

screenshot1872.jpg

screenshot1873.jpg

screenshot1874.jpg

screenshot1875.jpg

All these FSX screens that get posted make me say... wow Flight really does look good! lol