Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

You guys "wanna" see some cool light for FSX..

2. Did a run at KLAS. The city was lit up real nice but if I followed say Interstate 15 out of Vegas the lights ended at the outskirts of town. I was expecting/hoping to see a light every now and then out on the highway in the lonely desert.

Isn't it the way it should be that the lights on the interstates pretty much fade out as soon as you leave the urban areas? I always thought that UTX's lights were a bit unrealistic in that regard.

For the developers:

Once you guys are done testing/tweaking GEX/UTX exclusions and all, would you be able to put these in the installer so that the manual user tweaks would not be necessary?

Thanks! I'm really considering getting it soon!

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I bought ExperienceX last night, applied all hotfixes/patches/tips....and I can barely see them.

I saw the screenshots posted earlier in this thread and that's what sparked me to buy the product, but my sim looks nothing like those screenshots.

I took some of my own screenshots to show what I'm seeing in the sim.

All shots were done at KLAS, from the default runway looking slightly south.

I took 4 screenshots; 2 with UTX lights turned off (dusk/night), and 2 with UTX turned on.

This is with UTX night lighting turned off, and both the UTX Lights and Exclusions entries disabled in the Scenery library manager.

My ExperienceX lights are barely noticeable, even with the color changed to white as Richard had posted how to do.

This is the same angle, but the time changed to night.

Again the lights are barely noticeable.

After that I turned UTX lighting back on. My ExperienceX lights disappeared.

And at nighttime, I still can't see anything from ExperienceX.

One last thing...in the GEX patch installation instructions, it says to first install both city/highway lights from the ExperienceX interface, then go into the GEX interface and reinstall the GEX North America textures.

On my copy of GEX, I also have a special section titled "GEX for UTX USA or Canada", which are GEX custom textures for UTX USA that include upgrades for night road texture lighting.

Was I supposed to install that also, and THEN apply the GEX patch for ExperienceX?

After all that, I then copied the last five entries of the terrain.cfg code that was posted on page 4 by honanhal. I just don't see anything close to the screenshots that Richard Sennett or honanhal posted, as you can see what I see in the immediate screenshots above.

Any help?

Edited by firehawk44
Photos removed. Exceed 400KB limit.

777fan, did it work before you made the color tweaks in the .fx files? I would go back and look at the .fx files as the terrain.cfg looks ok to me.

I have seen/noticed no issues using this with Orbx. Both sets of lights seem to work hand-in-hand and I have not seen any missing entries when switching back and forth with Orbx.

777fan, I see you got it working since my last post. Actually, I see quite a lot of lights in your screenshot. Granted, not as bright as UTX and a different color. You can adjust the size of the "bulbs" to make them brighter. I understand they are working on a new interface so many of simmer's desired changes can be implimented without having to go to the terrain.cfg. Still messing around with mine.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I understand they are working on a new interface so many of simmer's desired changes can be implimented without having to go to the terrain.cfg.

This is a deal breaker for me, the more intuitive it is, the faster I'm going to buy it. Frankly I'm sick of tweaking manually in FSX.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

This screenshot from Richard Sennett is what I was aiming to achieve:

But instead, from roughly the same altitude I see this:

His lights are noticeably bigger, and brighter. You can really see the roads and highways defined.

I noticed that in Richard's code, he put the size to 150. The code I copied from honanhal (which he said was what the developer sent to him) was set at 200.

And yes I also tried the original color, the size of the lighting and intensity were still the same, just the default yellow color.

Maybe I'll try posting Richard's code into my terrain.cfg and see what that does.

Edited by firehawk44
Photos removed. Exceed 400KB limit.

Tried Richard's code, I think I'm getting somewhere!

Now I just need to figure out how to also turn on UTX lighting at the same time, because when I enable it the ExperienceX lights are completely overwritten.

Edited by firehawk44
Photo removed. Exceeds 400KB limit.

Sorry guys at work right now lot going on here have to digest all of this later, thanks.

Rich Sennett

Hello everyone, all the requests of the users are being provided for the next updates.

The first will be Sept. 20.

As everyone should already have noticed, there is a huge variety of other addons that have the capabilities to adjust. Not easy, not fast.

Tests + Tests + tests.

Over time all settings will be automatic and within the graphical interface.

All they have questions that do not cease to contact support.

I hope the comprehension of all.

Gibaba

Great cant wait Gibaba - thanks so much. Nice addon by the way.

Rich Sennett

This is a deal breaker for me, the more intuitive it is, the faster I'm going to buy it. Frankly I'm sick of tweaking manually in FSX.

Yes, me too. I've been following this thread since the beginning and dont want to have to fiddle with the terrain settings a lot to get the desired results. Plus I am still kind of confused on how to work the patches. I downloaded the patch from the link the dev posted and read the PDF but was slightly confused.

I dont know if you first install the program but dont install the lights then run the patch followed by then installing the lights. Its says if you already installed the lights what to do next as number 2, but not what to do if you didnt install the lights yet.

I know its probably not as confusing as what it seems, but I am really not quit sure the steps if you have GEX and UTX installed, plus I dont see how it affects UTX if its installed.

I might just wait until the final GUI and patches are complete and I can just run it all from there and not tweak the terrain.cfg.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I dont know if you first install the program but dont install the lights then run the patch followed by then installing the lights. Its says if you already installed the lights what to do next as number 2, but not what to do if you didnt install the lights yet.

Actually the instructions for the patch were pretty clear for me...mostly.

Install ExperienceX, run the city and highway lights installers, open the GEX interface and reinstall the textures for whichever region you own, then run the patch itself.

What is NOT clear is if you also run the special textures that GEX made especially for UTX users. I asked about that earlier in this thread and never received a response.

It's also not clear what you have to change in the terrain.cfg file. I think I'm just going to email the developer with both of those questions because I hate being in the dark after buying something.

Btw, I tested out ExperienceX with DX10, and the lights flicker on the ground rapidly around the immediate area of the plane (about 5nm in all directions).

So as far as I can tell, anyone running DX10 consistently will have to switch to DX9 to have these lights show up properly.

So as far as I can tell, anyone running DX10 consistently will have to switch to DX9 to have these lights show up properly.

As a recent DX10 convert that's one of the reasons I still didn't buy it. But I don't believe this can be fixed. The major issue for me is the installation process and the need to thinker with terrain.cfg. If this is going to be more user friendly I will buy this addon despite not being compatible with DX10.

Hello friends, we already have the first update product experiencex.

http://www.beetleprint.com.br/arquivos/ExperienceX%20update%201.0.exe

In this first update we made the following inclusions:

Button configuration on the amount lights of maps autogen.

(only for users of textures default and UTX, GEX users continue using their hotfix)

Button configuration amount of lights on the roads per meter.

(for all users)

Already we are working on the second update to the requests of users.

Button FIX for UTX and ORBX

Button Size of the lights

Button Color of the lights

And we're also working on updates to this product.

thank you

Gibaba