Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

You guys "wanna" see some cool light for FSX..

No I'm saying dx9 users can't use bloom because it kills performance

The ENB Series mod works just fine with DX9 with little to no performance hit. It's very similar to HDR/Bloom.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

The ENB Series mod works just fine with DX9 with little to no performance hit. It's very similar to HDR/Bloom.

I know but I was talking about native fsx bloom.

Hi,

Purchased, installed and ended up with just about nothing as far as night lights. I even tried the config file shown in one of the above posts.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Ark,

What setting do you use In ENB? I hardly see any difference when I use ENB.

Thanks

Eric

I dont know about you guys, but now that i have tested these lights for a week or so, i have noticed that they are one of the most fps eating addon i've ever tried. Even with just the highway lights with 350m apart eats fps in cities like a horse.

It might get better if we could disable the actual 3d pylons, and have just the lights.

(computer i7 2600k @ 4,7Ghz, gtx590, 8g 1600mhz)

I also bought this product. I have gex and utx...sent email to developer and asked if he could make the lights work with utx roads. He tweaked my terrain.cfg, and the lights work, but now it seems my car traffic is gone? Anyone else experience this? Also when i use FTX central it deletes the last 5 entries in the terrain.cfg. Oh and one more thing, it seems this product replaced my road textures, I now have cars painted on the roads even though auto imprint is turned off in utx....

Just read an email from bracket who said his product shouldn't affect car traffic and it didnt include road textures with cars painted on them...Guess I need to check out my other addons and see where i screwed up.

I was wondering if you can get rid of the light poles, they seem to be the biggest hit on Frames... They're all over the roads during the day as well.. It works great in photoreal arease but not in default.. I know FTX did that and it helped with performance..

Tony Fontaine

I was wondering if you can get rid of the light poles, they seem to be the biggest hit on Frames... They're all over the roads during the day as well.. It works great in photoreal arease but not in default.. I know FTX did that and it helped with performance..

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Poles aren't really needed in my opinion since you cant really see them once at altitude, probably the reason UTX and UT USA (FS9) didn't have poles, just lights. Have you emailed the author to suggest it in case he doesn't read your suggestion?

BTW, has anyone seen the Sept 20th patch that was mentioned by the author a few posts up? I am still wanting to get this but prefer to wait until all the UTX and GEX stuff is ironed out so I dont have to fiddle around tweaking and reinstalling backed up GEX textures.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think this is a good idea as well. I have emailed the developer asking if there is a way to get rid of them.

Well I think I might have just thrown away a few euro but before I put it down to experience (pardon the pun) has anyone got these lights to work with either Simsavvy photo scenery or the Generation X UK photo scenery please? I have got the new lights to appear but only by turning off both utx and the photo scenery in the library, as soon as either is enabled they disappear. If you have cracked it then please set out the instructions in words of one syllable! Cheers

Well I think I might have just thrown away a few euro but before I put it down to experience (pardon the pun) has anyone got these lights to work with either Simsavvy photo scenery or the Generation X UK photo scenery please? I have got the new lights to appear but only by turning off both utx and the photo scenery in the library, as soon as either is enabled they disappear. If you have cracked it then please set out the instructions in words of one syllable! Cheers

Hello, our product actually could work with all kinds of scenery, but unfortunately we can not modify scenery from other producers. This implies approval by producers and providing information.

It gets tricky for us.

I hope you understand.

Any questions please contact Bracket.

He is always ready to serve you.

thank you

Gibaba