Sign in to follow this  
quadraspleen

Saitek controls

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Saitek range of flight instruments (radios; switch panel etc.) will work with FLIGHT? I'm guessing the throttle quad and yoke/pedals work fine...

Any editing of xml files needed? Just won't work as the controls aren't mapped (yet)?

I'm hanging out for it all to use with FSX and have cleared a space in my home office for them..be great to be able to use in FLIGHT, too

Thanks!

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I have the Saitek Yoke and Throttle Quadrant -- They work perfectly fine.

I do not have any other instrument panels or rudder pedals yet though.

Jake,

I just own the x52 Pro, but am about to buy the Pro pedals... I believe it'll be easy to configure with MS FLIGHT. The TQ is 2nd on my TB list, probably in 2013...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Tks, guys..I've found a cheap yoke/TQ/pedal setup on the Bay of E (£100 for all - seems good to me..usually £100 for yoke and TQ alone and £140 for pedals) I am finding it hard to resist

Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif<--- The only thing holding me back.... :rofl:

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Saitek range of flight instruments (radios; switch panel etc.) will work with FLIGHT?

I have the lot but have not been able to make them work. Yoke, rudder, and quadrant works fine but nothing else. Maybe someone out there have tried messing with the xml.

This is one reason I have sort of given up on Flight. I have too much hardware and it feels silly when nothing is working.

Yeah, agreed, but then I'll still be using it in FSX, so not a waste I don't think...

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Saitek range of flight instruments (radios; switch panel etc.) will work with FLIGHT? I'm guessing the throttle quad and yoke/pedals work fine...

Any editing of xml files needed? Just won't work as the controls aren't mapped (yet)?

I'm hanging out for it all to use with FSX and have cleared a space in my home office for them..be great to be able to use in FLIGHT, too

Thanks!

I have the entire Saitek Cockpit with the exception of the BIP. Most does not work with MS Flight but all the drivers and such have been forwarded to MS for testing and maybe inclusion at a later date. Anything specific that works in FSX does not work with Flight. MS seemed intent on fully splitting the sheets.

What does work sometimes for me is the x52 stick and throttle and occasionally the Cessna Yoke and Quadrant. The Combat Rudder Pedals seem to work just fine but Flight assigns a lot of stupid stuff like throttles and ailerons to the rudders. You need to clean out everything except the rudder axis and maybe the toe brakes.

What does not work for Flight is the Switch Panel, Multi Panel or Radio Panel, or any of the Instrument Panels. The big Cessna Trim wheel shows up in the Flight list of controllers but it is jumpy and mostly useless.

What seems to work best is Flight for me is just the mouse and keyboard. I think that is the lowest denominator for that team.

When the Yoke and x-52 stick and throttle is working the use of the additional buttons and HAT switches greatly improve the already limited visuals. You still can't see inside a cockpit that doesn't exist but maybe one day the choices will improve.

Good Luck with your setup and purchases.

BTW, a comprehensive review of the full cockpit with 5 top tier multi engine aircraft add ons is in work and should be published next month on the main Avsim page.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thanks for the info, Ray

I am using a Cyborg X atm, so pretty much anything is better than that! I'm encouraged to hear that the Saitek drivers have been forwarded to MSGS..I'm perhaps a little more hopeful than you that they'll do something with them..They did for TIR users (I'm still not one of them....)

I have used the mouse, but I can't do it..It "offends" me to do so (in a very non-offensive way LOL)

Don't tell anyone, but when the weather just gets too bad, and the pax are having a chunder in the back, I switch to mouse-mode as it's like an automatic yaw-damper LOL Shhh :smile:

I haven't yet flown a plane without a cockpit (I d/l the free Red Tails P-51 but can't bring myself to fly it..not touched the Cub)

Do the trim controls on the yoke work? I have assigned the little wheel on the cyborg X to elevator trim

thanks

jake

p.s looking forward to that review

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

The Saitek TPM axes work, really good with the Maule in fact, but none of the switches do.

ProFlight yoke, pedals and throttle quadrants work fine, but I haven't tested the throttle switches.

Buttons on the ProFlight yoke works fine. Trim, flaps, brakes, and hat. You will want to adjust the config file settings for trim though since each increment is way to large. This has been addressed in this forum before. Search it.

Anything specific that works in FSX does not work with Flight.

haskell had a conversation with the Microsoft rep at the booth back in January. He asked Microsoft: - "Will you be able to control with a yoke?"

Microsoft: - "Yes. Any hardware compatible with FSX will work in Flight as well."

So far not true.

Joshua Howard (Microsoft) said earlier: - "As we gain more experience with the distribution model and gain better insight into how our users are enjoying the experiences, we will explore opportunities to grow our content offerings. It’s about growing the experience, not watering it down."

I think Microsoft now dealing with their "distribution model" (number one priority).

What does not work for Flight is the Switch Panel, Multi Panel or Radio Panel, or any of the Instrument Panels.

Yes, unfortunately. I also want to use all my hardware stuff .....

Most does not work with MS Flight but all the drivers and such have been forwarded to MS for testing and maybe inclusion at a later date.

Howard (Microsoft) also said: - "We'll add support over time if it's necessary, whether that's your pedals or more sophisticated flight sticks or throttles...USB devices."

We have to wait and see. Microsoft knows our wishes.

I also have the TPM but I could not get MS Flight to even recognize it as a controller. I will check again, the latest update may have added something.

I have the Saitek Cessna Yoke and it does not have a trim wheel, all the buttons and switches are assignable in MS Flight (except Mode 1, 2, 3 switch). The nice trim wheel or Flaps Switch on the Multi Panel does not work in Flight for me. Nothing on the Multi panel works in Flight.

I talked with the guys at Mad Catz less than a month ago about the delay by MS in getting this stuff working in Flight. They say they have done all they can do for now. It is in MS hands.

Ray

I talked with the guys at Mad Catz less than a month ago about the delay by MS in getting this stuff working in Flight. They say they have done all they can do for now. It is in MS hands.

Well they - the Flight Team - have certainly demonstrated that they listen. The response you got above, was the same response I got from Natural Point early on, regarding getting Track IR support implemented into Flight. They had given MS everything they needed to get it implemented, and it was up to them to do so. Many of us Track IR users emailed the Flight Team asking for this support , also support for working toe brake implementation as well.

Now here we are and have both of them, so I would highly encourage those that have peripherals not yet supported in Flight , to email the Flight Team letting them know of your desire to see them supported. Certainly nothing to lose.

Well they - the Flight Team - have certainly demonstrated that they listen. The response you got above, was the same response I got from Natural Point early on, regarding getting Track IR support implemented into Flight. They had given MS everything they needed to get it implemented, and it was up to them to do so. Many of us Track IR users emailed the Flight Team asking for this support , also support for working toe brake implementation as well.

Now here we are and have both of them, so I would highly encourage those that have peripherals not yet supported in Flight , to email the Flight Team letting them know of your desire to see them supported. Certainly nothing to lose.

Good advice. Any have an email address that the team checks? If so, please post and we can start an email campaign.

Ray

Saitek hardware. I just checked all the assignments using the latest version or update of Flight. The Cessna Trim wheel must have a dozen items added like throttle, props, mixtures, ailerons, elevators, rudders, and such. Now I now those guys know better than that. Must be some sort of payback. You will need to clear everything out and then select the elevator axis and then turn the trim wheel (3 or 4 times) until the word TRIM shows up in the box. I'm not sure it will work as planned but maybe one day.

Ray