Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

any special technique for boosting frames?

im probably late on this, but I know people have there secret ways of boosting frames.

whats the best thing to do?

I'd say that there are two main philosophies, even offering some common sets. Did you already read into Bojote's tool (and site) and then the one from Word Not Allowed? Find his in the hardware forum section.

This may sound silly, but it is very true. Make sure to limit the amount of fonts on your system to under 100. Nothing will slow down not just Flight Sim, but your whole computer, than too many fonts.

I'll second CoolP's answer. Bojote's tool and follow the guide in the PMDG general forum to use nVidia AA natively rather than the AA in FSX. Works like a charm for me. Oh and an "i" series CPU overclocked as high as it can go!

Generally speaking, a faster CPU is the best remedy for FSX frame-rates.. coupled with keeping

the FSX settings conservative. Especially traffic, weather, and add-on airports.

May sound obvious, but true, nevertheless..

And yes, overclocking will do it just fine, as long as you keep the CPU well cooled and stable.

Bert

This may sound silly, but it is very true. Make sure to limit the amount of fonts on your system to under 100. Nothing will slow down not just Flight Sim, but your whole computer, than too many fonts.

This ONLY applies to programs that use all available fonts, like word processor, spreadsheets, illustrator, etc.

Having more then 100 fonts will not slow down FSX/FS9...

This ONLY applies to programs that use all available fonts, like word processor, spreadsheets, illustrator, etc.

Having more then 100 fonts will not slow down FSX/FS9...

+1

It only affects apps that build their own font index on startup. I have loads of them and fsx is unaffected.

Maybe on an old XT but not on todays machines. :p0126:

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

against the grain but here goes. best processor and video card you can buy at least 6 gigs ram and <(this may be the contentious point) an untweaked config file. the exception would be maybe tweaking the LOD from 4.5 to 6.5 but that will cost some frames.

im probably late on this, but I know people have there secret ways of boosting frames.

whats the best thing to do?

First of all,you should post your system specs. Then we can start with optimizing,sure try the "Bojote" way for the fsx.cfg,in almost all cases is a good bless for performance.

simskunk-developer-sign-1.png

Alessandro - Sim Skunk Works Textures & Sound developer

Although there is some overlap, anything hardware related is best served and answered in the Hardware Forum, which also contains a lot of tweaking expertise as well. I am moving this thread to there, but leaving a link in the FSX Forum.

I was searching a soft ware systems forced FSX to use all available CPUs. Unless I was dreaming, around January, there was a post informing a software successfully reducing the workload , one base CPU usages and separating FSX clusters to an additional CPUs, Unfortunately I never found the post again.

I made a duplicate response, Sorry

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"