Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Anyone play Arma 2 Dayz Mod?

Hey guys,

The most realistic military simulation has been reawoken in recent months due to a free mod called ~DAYZ. This is basically survival in the worst case scenario possible.

It is super realistic but to play it properly you should set up a team to help each other survive.

Has anyone got it and wants to link up?

Alex

Website

http://dayzmod.com/

This video is great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A7Q8c8jnL3s#!

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

i wonder what this has to do with PMDG? i think it should be put into the avsim general section.

i wonder what this has to do with PMDG? i think it should be put into the avsim general section.

Its cool man, been done before, most of the community I am addressing belongs in the pmdg forums

Alex Ridge

Oi! I am! Want to team up? :P

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I am a Arma fan and have been playing Arma 2 since release (waiting for 3) but I don't much care for Zombie games so I haven't tried this popular mod. I do like how it is opening the Arma franchise up to a lot of new players however.

Not an on line gaming fan, but love Zombies and ARMA, downloading now...

Can this even be played off line?

Ian R Tyldesley

The mod gets old after a few days.

There are no real objectives as it's still in Alpha stage.

I'll probably revisit it when it officially releases with more content.

Its absolutely fantastic!

Trip7cap [name sig?] its building up a camp with supplies and doing runs into town etc,

Oi! I am! Want to team up? :P

Sure we got a small elite team

Alex Ridge

Bought it today :P waiting for some friends to come online so I can join them.

Not an on line gaming fan, but love Zombies and ARMA, downloading now...

Can this even be played off line?

why would you want to play offline? :P

Alex Ridge

I started playing it today after seeing this post. Pretty cool but slow if your playing alone :( cheers for the heads up.

I have been watching videos on this all week, and I am 50/50 on purchasing Arma 2 just to get the Dayz mod... It looks extremely fun and would be a nice change from Battlefield 3!

I started playing it today after seeing this post. Pretty cool but slow if your playing alone :( cheers for the heads up.

I have been watching videos on this all week, and I am 50/50 on purchasing Arma 2 just to get the Dayz mod... It looks extremely fun and would be a nice change from Battlefield 3!

Battlefield 3 is an arcade game, this is a simulation. So I thought it would interest the aviation simmers here.

Ciaran, Arma 2 has been on the best sellers of steam because of the mod. Most people just use it for the mod, but the strategy aspects are fantastic as well. I am playing Dayz exclusively at the moment.

We have a team of simmers that play on skype, if you wanna meet up in game, then pm me for my skype

Alex Ridge

After reading this thread, I just bought ARMA II and got the DayZ mod... Now how the heck do I play? :huh: