Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26JUL12 - PMDG 777 for FSX: Let the previews begin!

I was thinking some kind of RAAS, but the freeware one thats coming with a FS2crew product dashed that idea...

It will be interesting to see what it is

Has there ever been an FS addon which accurately models FBW?

Yes, the MD-11 has LSAS, similar to FBW, which is modelled with the PMDG MD-11. As far as I've read, all PMDG aircraft back to the original NG for FS9 essentially have FBW due to the fact PMDG bypass the FS9/FSX controls.

I was thinking some kind of RAAS, but the freeware one thats coming with a FS2crew product dashed that idea...

It will be interesting to see what it is

Oh god, I really hope it isn't RAAS :lol:

pmdg_777LR_overwashington.jpg

beautiful! Thanks for the update. Got my first ride on a 777 two weeks ago. One of Delta's 777-200ERs was diverted to LHR, and I got in BusinessElite for the LHR-JFK flight. Then on my retrun to LAX, one of their 777-200LR's was flying to LAX for the LAX-SYD flight, beautiful airplane, and so smooth. I'm looking forward to this very much.

Inactive

Guys-

There have been zillions of posts from PMDG stating why its not AT ALL possible to 'correctly' simulate WXR. You see its not because they cant figure it out.....the fsx engine just doesnt allow for it. To make it work , PMDG would have to rewrite the FSx engine etc...

Its quite simple-

Peter Osborn

Guys-

There have been zillions of posts from PMDG stating why its not AT ALL possible to 'correctly' simulate WXR. You see its not because they cant figure it out.....the fsx engine just doesnt allow for it. To make it work , PMDG would have to rewrite the FSx engine etc...

Yeah, which is why it cant be that. So what is it? vscimone, JasonB? Care to chime in? :Tounge:

Yeah, which is why it cant be that. So what is it? vscimone, JasonB? Care to chime in? :Tounge:

Another clue is that Rob said they'll show it in a video, so either it can't be shown in a screenshot, or it's just much better displayed in a video (although then you have to ask, what isn't best displayed in a video?).

So its something that to see it working properly and to see why its never been done before in fsx, someone has to be doing something with it, hence the video. Hmmmm it cant be something static, so its system related. Which is actually pretty obvious. But that really could be anything. What about reflections on the displays of the yoke moving in and out and side ways, throttle movement reflection etc?

Splendid ! :Applause: :Applause: :Applause:

Maybe it's that heat dissipating/vibrating air behind the engines. I know it's been discussed in some thread before but I don't remember the conclusion of it.

I doubt it's a weather radar because, while they may be inaccurate, there are still weather radars out there, which would go against his "it is something that you haven't seen done yet in FSX". Also, Ryan recently stated the EFB won't be in the initial release (I believe he said it today) so I doubt that's it.

Yeah we have cloud finders but we do not have a WX radar yet. So a real WX radar would be something we have not seen yet. Maybe they figured out a way to use weather add-on's most of us have such as AS2012 or similar products to make a true WX radar or as close as we are going to get?

With that said you are probably right that it is something else and we will all have to wait and find out

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Gents-

I can't give you much detail here- because it is something that you haven't seen done yet in FSX... however...

We just had a breakthrough on something that is a huge technology advance for simmers who wish to fly the 777...

Can't tell you what it is yet- but we will show it to you in a video- and I think you will be quite excited.

I just had to tell someone. B)

You're killing me here :LMAO:

Maybe it's that heat dissipating/vibrating air behind the engines. I know it's been discussed in some thread before but I don't remember the conclusion of it.

ohhh that would be nice! :)

Guest dlrk

You PMDG guys are marketing geniuses.

I doubt it's a WXR, maybe a taxi cam or the EFB?