Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26JUL12 - PMDG 777 for FSX: Let the previews begin!

My interest has now shifted from the T7 to this hand grenade project that was mentioned earlier. My questions are, will the hand grenade be fly able? Will the pin have a "remove before flight" flag? And when we pull the pin, how long can we fly before it goes into catastrophic failure mode?

Lol!

My interest has now shifted from the T7 to this hand grenade project that was mentioned earlier. My questions are, will the hand grenade be fly able? Will the pin have a "remove before flight" flag? And when we pull the pin, how long can we fly before it goes into catastrophic failure mode?

Lol!

Now Rob and the development team, dont blow your hands off testing this, we still expect the 777 and 747 to get done asap!

I got the -NGX 2 days ago and am hooked on PMDG. Hurry up and release the 777 already B)

----------------------------------------------------------

Chris Magnus

Hello All, I may be wrong but I imagine that the PMDG Team gloss over these posts and I feel that every time they do so time is lost in the development. We all know that the finished aircraft will be a pleasure to fly and it is purely a matter of being patient. All good things come to those who wait. richard welsh.

Greeting folks (1st Post),

A friend and colleague told me about the PWDG 747-400 and I had a peep at it on the website. A nice job - a very nice job indeed - the flight deck graphics are exceptional (by comparison with the real one). That made me curious to see if the authors would be building a 777 - well done chaps, looking forward to seeing the result on release.

I am not a simulator pilot in this context but am curious to know what the FD systems/indications functionality is likely to be like in the desktop version. Will the ECL and the FMCs work? If anyone can enlighten me I would be grateful.

Greeting folks (1st Post),

A friend and colleague told me about the PWDG 747-400 and I had a peep at it on the website. A nice job - a very nice job indeed - the flight deck graphics are exceptional (by comparison with the real one). That made me curious to see if the authors would be building a 777 - well done chaps, looking forward to seeing the result on release.

I am not a simulator pilot in this context but am curious to know what the FD systems/indications functionality is likely to be like in the desktop version. Will the ECL and the FMCs work? If anyone can enlighten me I would be grateful.

PMDG is by far the tops in terms of systems simulations. If the 737 NG tickles your fancy at all, it is a great representation of the level of detail and systems modeling.

As for the T7, it is still in development and there is still a lot to be disclosed as to what is modeled. The FMC will have as much functionality as the FSX engine will allow, but history has shown that these boys can go above and beyond what FSX is capable of.

As far as the EFB, ECL goes, we have yet to hear more as the development progresses. Check out some reviews of the NGX to see what they are capable of. I believe Avsim has a detailed review of the NGX, MD11 and 747 that will give you some insite to the amount of detail put into the systems modeling.

If your currently not a sim nut like most of us armchair captains here, there is no better time than now to get started, as we are at an exciting point with the way all the developers are pushing the envelope on the (aging) FSX engine. Boundries are being push every day as these sim wizards find new ways to make what was impossible, possible!

Thanks a lot for that Ricky, when I will look a little closer at at the NG. I am reluctant to spend too much time with something I don't fly as the differences in system idiosyncrasies might start interfering with my three brain cells and start them arguing.

My pal (the one who pointed me in this direction) knows a lot about these things and is a PC man. I don't have one but use Parallels on the Mac which might find FSX graphics work a bit of a challenge looking at some of the specs on machines here. I will see how things develop with the PWDG 777 and if necessary, acquire a standalone PC.

There was mention of something that hasnt been done before with PMDG and for FSX actually. That is proper weather radar. Is this the secret project? Someone said it cant be done due to FSX limitations, but I see that reality XP indeed does have a weather radar that isnt just eye candy automation but rather interacts with FSX weather. This one indeed be something unprecedented.

Eagerly waiting to be a T7 owner.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

If your currently not a sim nut like most of us armchair captains here, there is no better time than now to get started, as we are at an exciting point with the way all the developers are pushing the envelope on the (aging) FSX engine. Boundries are being push every day as these sim wizards find new ways to make what was impossible, possible!

This is so true. In many respects, FSX is just starting to come into its own. The hardware is FINALLY catching up, and the add-ons just get better and better. FSX reminds me of Falcon. Developed a while ago. The original developer lost interest (or went bust!) long ago. Yet what they gave to the community just keeps getting better and better. I am not saying they don't have their flaws, but what great software!

I still don't know why MS didn't just do another performance update. I would have paid $100 just to have an FSX version that fully utilized modern hardware. They didn't have to do anything else.

I still don't know why MS didn't just do another performance update. I would have paid $100 just to have an FSX version that fully utilized modern hardware. They didn't have to do anything else.

I have been saying this since the first hints at Flight. I am positive that MS would have benifited by developing an SP3 for FSX. The amount of people loyal to FSX is quite large, perhaps larger than the Flight following crowd. Recently proven by the demise of the fore mentioned attempt. Maybe now, MS can listen to the masses of us hardcore simmers that are more than willing to invest a 100$ or so more into a more stable and able version of FSX.

Why do I feel like FSX has so much more potential. I'm not rushing to get a new platform anytime soon. Developers are still finding new things to do with the sim.

Was hoping there was going to be an update on the 26 August, now the 28th so I guess not :(

Was hoping there was going to be an update on the 26 August, now the 28th so I guess not :(

Yes. We need an update on the progress of the next update.

Maybe they just not de-rating their work, get it?:P and maybe they have a nice huge update for us..