Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZKOKQ

200ER Short Runway Take Off

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I saw G-ZZZD leave heathrow years back takeoff like a rocket, for a ferry flight to Cardiff I'd assume when she was leaving the fleet. It was anazing, I'll see if I can find the video

The title and your post says it is a 777-200ER, but the video's title says it's a 777-300ER.

Nice video anyway.

Whoa...that's some take off and climb...were the passengers on the seat still or on the back rest

PS. ZK-OKM is indeed a 777-319/ER

Just out of curiosity, is that a light I'm seeing on the outer flap rail, under the wing, aimed back towards the fuselage? I'd really like to know what that's for, and if it will be modeled?

Just out of curiosity, is that a light I'm seeing on the outer flap rail, under the wing, aimed back towards the fuselage? I'd really like to know what that's for, and if it will be modeled?

I was wondering about that too, could it be or the ground manoeuvring camera system so they see the wheels?

You should see some of the departures at KPAE, literally rolling for about ten seconds ha!

It looks like it! My guess would be for better illumination of the underside of the fuselage while flying during night hours.

The title and your post says it is a 777-200ER, but the video's title says it's a 777-300ER.

Nice video anyway.

Sorry for the wrong description, senior moment :)

I was wondering about that too, could it be or the ground manoeuvring camera system so they see the wheels?

AH!!!! I forgot about that. That's probably what it is. Good call! Now I really hope they model it. Something very unique to this aircraft.

It looks like it! My guess would be for better illumination of the underside of the fuselage while flying during night hours.

It's the "Camera Lights" which is on the bottom left next to the L Wiper switch :-)

I was at the other end of the runway when this aircraft departed. I knew it was going to be impressive but I could scarcely believe how quickly it rotated and how steep the deck angle was!

How much would you pay for a jump seat ride on that flight?

Words cannot emphasize how bad I want to do that!

I counted ~18 seconds from start of roll to wheels off. WOW! That initial deck angle had to be >30 degrees.