Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

FSX Bush Planes

Thanks for all the tips! I think I'm going to buy the Scout. For all that it comes with, it's probabaly the best-priced addon I've seen.

I actually am familiar with the Basler--I downloaded it when it was first released. However, because one of the views is oriented to the side, all the EZDok controls somehow got reversed, so I can't really move around the cockpit. Any solutions to this?

I don't have any Ezdok problems with the Basler. Try my views for it if you like

I don't know how anybody can talk about flying in Alaska and not mention the Beaver.

Many will consider the Aerosoft model "dated" but it works for me.

And for a plane that has been out of production for 45 years, there are still a bunch of them flying in Alaska, many every day working airplanes.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I don't know how anybody can talk about flying in Alaska and not mention the Beaver.

:good: Still one of the best for short rwy and climb power. Along with rugged gear, makes the best Bush planes. No retractable gear for me. Beaver, Kodiak, C208, Twotter. Like the turbines, get ya out of trouble performance.

Thanks for all the tips! I think I'm going to buy the Scout. For all that it comes with, it's probabaly the best-priced addon I've seen.

I actually am familiar with the Basler--I downloaded it when it was first released. However, because one of the views is oriented to the side, all the EZDok controls somehow got reversed, so I can't really move around the cockpit. Any solutions to this?

Did you run the EZDok aircraft database or registry or whatever it's called? Just search your computer for EZCA the program that has the icon with the wrench. You need to run that after you install a new plane.

Best

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

To this day there are lots of DC-3's on skis, "flying the bush" Saw a special on Weather Channel last night showing "Buffalo" a DC-3 delivering the goods on frozen lakes in Alaska or Canada w/skis..I am getting ready to duplicate that challenge in FSX today..way cool beans!!

Did you run the EZDok aircraft database or registry or whatever it's called? Just search your computer for EZCA the program that has the icon with the wrench. You need to run that after you install a new plane.

Best

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

\

Yeah, I ran it, but the problem seems to be in the actual camera definitions of the Basler. And deleting the definitions doesn't work--the default view seems to be permanently-rooted as rotated 90° from the aircraft. Even importing a different camera into EZCA didn't work.

\

Yeah, I ran it, but the problem seems to be in the actual camera definitions of the Basler. And deleting the definitions doesn't work--the default view seems to be permanently-rooted as rotated 90° from the aircraft. Even importing a different camera into EZCA didn't work.

They released an update 'v2', it seems this fixes the camera definitions, among other stuff. Also there are HD guages available... go back to the 'BT-67 Released' thread and get the URLs for the two, it fixed the ezdok problems for me.

The Cub from A2A is indeed fenomenal, albeit quite slow. But if you want something similar but faster and more powerful, try the Flight Replicas Super Cub, which comes in a huge variety of options and is a great fun to take to the bushes.

Yes, would agree the Flight Replicas SuperCub Ultra is a kick in the back country...

http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCubUltrapkg.htm

Martin

For me: DC-3 (Manfred Jahn) when I have a lot og cargo, C185 (Carenado) for real bush operations. I do have A2A Cub and Lionheart Kodiak but they apend much more time collectin dust inside my hangar than out on the skies.

What I would love to have is a new Beaver as the one from Aerosoft is really outdated. Rumours say that they are working on a new one but I haven´t seen any words about that from Aerosoft. C206/207 (a good one) would be nice too. 

Agree with the above, actually just got me the RealAir scout pack (finally) to complete my own collection.

The Carenado C185 is a mixed bag for me - GREAT sound, good looking exterior model still even though it's an old plane, but the VC isn't great any longer. There is a .cfg file patch out there that makes it quite challenging to land properly on the tundras, that adds a bit of character to the plane. It's quite affordable by now, so so you can't really go wrong with it.

I'm waiting for an updated Beaver myself - if they get that to the level of the Twotter, I'd be ecstatic. The current one isn't much good any longer, if you're used to the looks and feel of the A2A or RealAir stuff, the BN2 (GREAT plane, but a bit poor on visibility) or the overhauled Twotter (also great, a must have).

One thing forgotten so far, and free even: here is a *brilliant* rendition of the venerable Cessna 150 in a bush version (Downloads - Aircraft FSX/P3D - C150 TiBush) - try it out, it is very well done and a joy to fly.

http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en