Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

ILS alignment issues

Trent Hi,

You are right, It looks like any addons installation I need to run Registry repair tool. I also run magvartfix Variation tool. My 747X regardless Registry tool or not always lines with runway center line before takeoff. During landing, I can not guaranteed.

Regards

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

This is very interesting guys, I wonder if anyone here, with better insight than me on the inner workings of FSX, could explain what actually happens.

It has to be a way to analyze what is going on if the alignment issue's cause and cure is repeatable. I will for sure try this out now with the regfix and magvar after installing afcads or scenery.

Thanks,

23.png

I too have had this problem.  The only time I can get the ILS to work is during the tutorial 1 flight in switzerland.  All other airports I have landed at do not work this include Honolulu, Atlanta, Miami, Cleveland, LAX, Anchorage, Boston, EDDF, and Columbia.  Everything works fine except the aircraft is about a quarter mile off.  The ILS bug and the APPR on the ND show that the localizer is about 1 dot to the right.  The glideslope works fine.  As far a magnatic deviation off, the aircraft lands paralel to the runway everytime.  I have used the registry tool and installed the new magdec.bgl file.  I recently had isses with FSX and had to reinstall it along with the PMDG MD 11 and I still have these issues. 

I too have had this problem.  The only time I can get the ILS to work is during the tutorial 1 flight in switzerland.  All other airports I have landed at do not work this include Honolulu, Atlanta, Miami, Cleveland, LAX, Anchorage, Boston, EDDF, and Columbia.  Everything works fine except the aircraft is about a quarter mile off.  The ILS bug and the APPR on the ND show that the localizer is about 1 dot to the right.  The glideslope works fine.  As far a magnatic deviation off, the aircraft lands paralel to the runway everytime.  I have used the registry tool and installed the new magdec.bgl file.  I recently had isses with FSX and had to reinstall it along with the PMDG MD 11 and I still have these issues. 

The issue was that I did not run the Registry Fix as an Administrator.  After doing that, I tried to land at KCAE which I knew had the issue, the airplane greesed itself right on the center line right square in the center of the touchdown zone.  Glad this issue is fixed...would suck to have a $60 aircraft that could not do autoland...(bit more fun to do it manual in low vis however)

Flew the approach to Honolulu yesterday in the MD11 and the ILS lineup was offset to the right. So I went back today and flew the same approach three times with the same result. So I disabled the Add On Scenery so the sim would fly the default scenery with the same result. Then I tried three other airplanes and both Add On Scenery and Default scenery. Landings were spot on. The problem is only with PMDG aircraft.

Interestingly, I had a similar problem with Captain Sim B777 except the airplane lined up to the left of center. Captain Sim came out with a patch that solved that problem specifically. Maybe PMDG needs another patch.

Eric Parker

Please open a support ticket with us and I will be happy to send you the tool required to fix the issue.  Most likely an FSX Registry issue.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg