Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Curtiss C-46 Commando Confirmed

Ok, once again itssssssssssss "Tinker Bell"

Last "nail in the coffin". A cockpitless aircraft that has ZERO interest on my part. I hoped for something that would make me want to fire up FLIGHT.

Not happening.

Stan

I think the coffin was nailed shut a long time ago. We are just flying around inside it!

I still use Flight to get the missing caches but when that`s done there won`t be much incentive to fire it up any more.

All I can say is, I am glad I found X-Plane10 so interesting/challenging/sophisticated after all, because otherwise I would be felling miserable, flightsimulation-wise....

X-Plane is rather disk consuming though... and my disk is small, rather small.... The inevitable is close to happen :-/

As I write this post, DVDs 7 and 8 are being installed from the X-Plane set, after I chose the Hawaii and Alaska areas to be installed... A couple of scenery enhancing for those areas, both free and payware will follow when possible...

I will miss the Aerocaches though, and that sexy girl saying... "I've never been in a plane like this..."

I believe two things can happen - either MS will collapse after a succession of very bad management/marketing decisions, certainly not of the small dimension of the FLIGHT project, but strong enough to shake their structure, or someone on the Nadir of Joshua's style of approaching the flight sim community will eventually resurrect FLIGHT and understand that, that time around, the opinions of those who have long been active in this field of the software market should be heard and taken into account... I strongly hope the latter happens, and I'll be there, if I am still around, in the first line of potential FLIGHT buyers ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Up until now I've steered clear of cockpit less planes. Loki and sol have done lots of work in the background and I'll show my appreciation by using my points which MS have already benefited from.

and I'll be there, if I am still around, in the first line of potential FS11 buyers ;-)

Corrected for you Jose :smile:

Argh, I can't believe I'm actually buying this. I have way too many MS points left not to, and watched way too many Ice Pilots episodes to not completely love that thing.

Without any gauges or dials it's just like a digital RC plane though. So I hope it turns out looking and sounding good, as that's basically all you get. This thing would have been absolutely perfect for Flight with decently modeled systems and flight characteristics :vava:

Anyways, I don't know how the fuel system works in the real plane. But does the left engine stop if the left main wing tank runs empty? Probably won't be modeled anyway though...

Someone on the Steam Forum suggested to Loki that they should at least set the forward camara back in the cockpit area to begine with, That is a very good idea. He is looking into it. I should think that would not be all that difficault.

Yet another cockpitless was in the tube ready for launch ?? Is it still a big surprise to me, that Flight management was just about themselves Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif , not about players or community ? No. Communication with the team has been severed by management long time ago, after the second cockpitless thing...

So why you all people seems all surprised with this ?

It is cool to see the C-46 coming to Flight, even cooler that Sol & Loki were able to get this last piece out of the coffin, it's fair to thank them for having been so far the ONLY listenning people we could have on this bad story. I'll buy it with the points I have left.

About the camera change for the cockpit, Loki should get a look at what we did with the cameras here, I'll look for the link of the post for him

Corrected for you Jose

Yes! That's the way I should have written :-) That's the way FLIGHT should rather have been... But I do still hope FS11 will be ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This would have had no VC even before death. It was planned that way. At least Loki and Sol admit that no cockpit is a problem. MS will never see that though.

I'm glad I didn't wait for this. I have to say I was kind of curious if some great DLC might suddenly surprise us all... I should have known better. Another plane without VC... Yawn... Back to the RealAir Legacy it is! :wink:

:lol: :LMAO: no vc even after death, bravo MS

Why would they? Its obvious that this thing was made with all the cockpitless warbirds. Why put in a lot of extra work to make a cockpit for a dead product?

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

How would you feather a prop on a cockpitless twin in a game with no support for throttle quadrants or independent engine controls? Flying a twin with an engine out is such a great challenge so it's a shame to think we were so close and yet so far.

- Gary Letona