Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Curtiss C-46 Commando Confirmed

With a 2900 mile range, you could try flying between Alaska and Hawaii. I got a dollar says it won't work though. :)

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

With a 2900 mile range, you could try flying between Alaska and Hawaii. I got a dollar says it won't work though. :)

Hook

The flight would take 9 or 10 hours from Dutch Harbor...

What a shame another basic pane with no cockpit.

Im sad flight died but in the long term its the best thing that could have happened for our hobby because now anyone who is thinking of making a flight sim has a long list of errors made by the flight management to avoid at all costs, not least this ridiculous no cockpit planes fiasco.

Flight got me back into FSX and forced to to discover the joys of flying GA aircraft and not just sticking to jets, and for that im very grateful

It will not be possible. There are no options for configuring individual engine controls or for selecting engines in the settings menus. The only way to do it would be by manipulating on-screen controls in the cockpit, which it does not have.

So, it's cosmetically a twin, but functionally a single.

Unless you have a home cockpit in the shape of the C-46 cockpit with the same gauges and throttles.

For me FLIGHT was the path back to flight simulation, and it was a good thing happening to me at this phase of my life

:-)

X-Plane10 was the next good thing, in terms of flight simulation :-). I am really enjoying it, and am satisfied that in between I had the chance to try FSX Gold like never before in terms of performance, unfortunately like ever before in terms of "railway-ness"...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Who cares about the no cockpit thing? Isn't Hawaii and Alaska supposed to be fore spectacular views? Who needs a cockpit?

I do. :lol:

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Well I suppose it`s good of Loki and Sol to get this C-46 out at all. Thanks to both of them for persevering . Much appreciated.

I will probably get it even though there is no VC because I still have funds to use up for Flight in my Steam account and also because it`s the only multi-engined aircraft available. But I wonder what the comments would have been like if MS were still developing Flight and DLC and then released another cockpitless plane though? Not too favorable I imagine. And if, as Loki said, this was DLC that was already finished it means MS were STILL not listening to what people want most of all - a COCKPIT!

Oh well never mind. Just have to make do.

unfortunately like ever before in terms of "railway-ness"...

Hello Jose

Didn't get round to trying Ezdok then ?, it puts the MS Flight! in cockpit movements to another level entirely.

The "on rails" feeling is no longer there in FSX with Ezdok, my Realair SF260 has the same feeling of moving through a fluid medium as I felt in MS Flight!, probably better.

Unless you have a home cockpit in the shape of the C-46 cockpit with the same gauges and throttles.

ಠ_ಠ

How exactly do you intend to make those gauges and controls functional in Flight?

Last "nail in the coffin". A cockpitless aircraft that has ZERO interest on my part. I hoped for something that would make me want to fire up FLIGHT.

Not happening.

Stan

Never. MS paid for that work, they have full rights to it.

The pattern seems to have been one of almost willful rejection of planes with cockpits. Short of sheer contrariness on Microsoft's part, can you think of a logical reason they would hold back they would hold back completed, or mostly completed planes with cockpits in such a way?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The pattern seems to have been one of almost willful rejection of planes with cockpits. Short of sheer contrariness on Microsoft's part, can you think of a logical reason they would hold back completed, or mostly completed planes with cockpits in such a way?

I personally dont understand why they could of left a great deal of aircraft with finished artwork on the cutting room floor, and release a bunch of cockpitless warbirds. Like I said in my port mortem, the focus of the game changed when the leadership changed to Joshua Howard. He had his own goals for MS Flight, and none of them included cockpits it seems. Im guessing he figured he could attract more customers by having cheaper products.

Also please remember that the artwork is only HALF the job in getting an aircraft flying in ANY game. The flight modeling and programming behind it is also substantial. The aircraft im talking about my also require extra programming or an update to support some of its features.

Maybe one day it will show up on my portfolio, but no time soon.

Oh, I understand that all the work itself would have to be done again from scratch. Just wondering if you thought that might be a project worth doing again.

Wont be worth doing since its already been done for FSX. =) Not as good as this one, but its hard to sell something someone already has, even if it is better.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

What, no single engine approches? Well, I will just have to get it anyway to compleat the set. At this point, whats the difference. Still very disillusioned with the whole thing. What a waste!

ಠ_ಠ

How exactly do you intend to make those gauges and controls functional in Flight?

MAD SKILLZZZZ!!!!!