Sign in to follow this  
sweetmusic

FSX Highway Traffic Speed

I was looking at some files accumulated over time and came across David "Opa" Marshall's document "Reducing Vehicle Traffic Speed in FSX".

I had forgotten how much more realistic it looks when the highway traffic speed is reduced a bit!

If you haven't already, give it a try. (just search for "slowtraffic.zip" in the AVSIM Library).

I don't even run AI cars but I might after reading your post, thanks!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I was looking at some files accumulated over time and came across David "Opa" Marshall's document "Reducing Vehicle Traffic Speed in FSX".

I had forgotten how much more realistic it looks when the highway traffic speed is reduced a bit!

If you haven't already' date=' give it a try. (just search for "slowtraffic.zip" in the AVSIM Library).[/quote']

www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/20979-tool-orbx-slower-vehicle-traffic-worldwide-version-300/

www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/20979-tool-orbx-slower-vehicle-traffic-worldwide-version-300/

i dont have acces to that forum, could you possibly find a way to get it?

i dont have acces to that forum, could you possibly find a way to get it?

PM me your e-maill addy Jason, and will send to you

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

There is a German chap named Wolfgang "Wolli" Picheta who has for some years now made a little freeware utility to tweak FSX in various ways. Adjusting the car/truck speed is just one of the many functions. I think there is an English version as well, or the program is bi-lingual (from memory). It's called Flusi-Fix 2006 and can be had from the dev's website: http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de

There is a German chap named Wolfgang "Wolli" Picheta who has for some years now made a little freeware utility to tweak FSX in various ways. Adjusting the car/truck speed is just one of the many functions. I think there is an English version as well, or the program is bi-lingual (from memory). It's called Flusi-Fix 2006 and can be had from the dev's website: http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de

Interesting program. Anyone know the name of the file(s) need to get the altitude callouts to work?

"From FlusiFix version V2.8 sound files for altitude callouts are included. The copyright for the Soundpack1 is with "MeatWater" and for the SoundPack2 with "Jimmy Foong". For the Altitude callouts further files are needed, which can be downloaded from Avsim.com. Read the corresponding help text in FlusiFix under "panel.cfg - Height announcement"! The incorporation of these files is not possible due to copyright reasons!"

Hi Alex,

My copy of FlusiFix-2006 V5.0 allows you to adjust the speed of Ground Vehicles and AI Taxi Speed (very nice!), but I don't see the ability to change the speed of Highway Traffic.

(100 posts, I'm a "Member" !) :rolleyes:

I like the road traffic a lot. not only on the addon airports featuring them as part of their work. It adds something, seeing the folks down there moving. I wished for trains too.

X-Plane also rocks on the road traffic part, especially at night.

(100 posts, I'm a "Member" !) :rolleyes:

:Party:

I don't see the ability to change the speed of Highway Traffic.

That should be here: AI-Traffic --> Carspeed.

Anyone know the name of the file(s) need to get the altitude callouts to work?

There's one over at flightsim.com, called callv1.zip and another one called boeing_callouts_fsx.zip. Don't know, if they'll work with FlusiFix, I've installed them manually.

Regards,

Flo

Flusifix is useful, but if you want to put in you own speed settings, why not go directly to the file? SimObjects - Ground Vehicles - Automobiles - cfg file, and put in your speed at:

[DesignSpecs]

max_speed_mph = n

It's tedious, but I've adjusted all my speed settings in this way, including water vessels.

Chris

Flusifix is useful, but if you want to put in you own speed settings, why not go directly to the file? SimObjects - Ground Vehicles - Automobiles - cfg file, and put in your speed at:

[DesignSpecs]

max_speed_mph = n

It's tedious, but I've adjusted all my speed settings in this way, including water vessels.

Chris

That is what I did. As Chris says, it a little tedious because of the number of cfgs that need to be modified, but it works. Most road vehicles like cars or trucks showed a top speed of 115 mph. I lowered them to between 45-60 mph depending on the vehicle type. Now I can fly along the Highways in a 172 and not get passed by a car.

Airport vehicles had a top speed of 60 mph. I have never seen a baggage cart doing 60 mph so I lowered them to 20 mph.

One thing I found going through the road vehicles is that there are a lot of AI vehicles I have never seen in FSX like fire trucks, police cars and ambulances. How do I get them to show up in FSX?

My copy of FlusiFix-2006 V5.0 allows you to adjust the speed of Ground Vehicles and AI Taxi Speed (very nice!), but I don't see the ability to change the speed of Highway Traffic.

Should be there. It's under "AI-Traffic" if I'm not mistaken.

Most road vehicles like cars or trucks showed a top speed of 115 mph. I lowered them to between 45-60 mph depending on the vehicle type. Now I can fly along the Highways in a 172 and not get passed by a car.

Airport vehicles had a top speed of 60 mph. I have never seen a baggage cart doing 60 mph so I lowered them to 20 mph.

I might have a go at doing that too. 60 mph is indeed a little too dynamic for my taste :lol:

...One thing I found going through the road vehicles is that there are a lot of AI vehicles I have never seen in FSX like fire trucks, police cars and ambulances. How do I get them to show up in FSX?

I believe that the emergency vehicles may be found in some of the missions. I do remember a long time ago flying a mission where I had to fly a helicopter from Key West NAS to Opa Locka and on the way having to stop at an auto accident and pick up an injured person. I remember seeing the emergency lights of the vehicles. But I can't recall what vehicles were depicted. I'll need to refly that one.

Alexander Alonso

Hi guys,

just for clarification, there are two different types of AI vehicles. Those with separate .cfg files are used at airports and in missions only while the maximum speed of the general highway traffic is determined by settings in the Living World .cfg file, LWcfg.sbp, which is compressed by default and needs to be decompiled to xml format first in order to make the changes.

See http://forum.avsim.net/topic/64263-is-there-anyway-to-slow-down-road-traffic/

The Orbx utility reduces the speed of both types of traffic.

Cheers, Holger