Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arthur DaCat

I Just Installed P3D

:O holy moly! what a difference on my system.....super smooth, no stutters and an increase of 10-15fps. You are all invited to Mr. FSX's funeral this Saturday :lol: Rest in Peace FSX.......Ben Cap, Word Not Allowed and many others were right......Prepar3D is a better and more stable FSX, Bravo to the Dev Team at Lockheed Martinim%20Not%20Worthy.gif :clapping: :drinks:

and the textures and autogen looks awesome!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes!

and will only get better from here. Welcome to the Prepar3D club. The fastest growing club in FS.

Agreed. I just cannot wait to see what v2 is like!

Vic

Prepar3D is a better and more stable FSX, Bravo to the Dev Team at Lockheed Martin

+1

I am delighted I made this purchase! When do they send out the membership cards?

thanks,

Greg

For the past two days I have been thinking only about one thing: Prepar3d or the new Boeing 777 for X-Plane. :huh: I would probably go ahead with trying Prepar3d, However I was wondering whether version 2, when released, would not require paying for a new license.

How large is the download? I only have 512 connection so takes centuries to download large files.

the Boeing 777 for XP10 is like a PMDG Payware addon, simply awesome in detail and textures. V2 of Prepar3d will cost some $$$$$ to upgrade.

777 is not working with Saitek mutli and radio panels yet.

So I guess I will just wait. Either for the Saitek support or for the P3D v2. Thanks!

How large is the download? I only have 512 connection so takes centuries to download large files.

3 files totalling around 10gb

3.9gb

3.9gb

1.8gb

How is autogen different than FSX?

How is autogen different than FSX?

it just looks more better, i can't put it in words......you have to see it in order to believe it. I kept watching youtube videos of p3d and wasn't too impressed but when i decided to buy it, version 1.4 blew me away. I have fsx and p3d installed on the same HDD and p3d just looks more amazing and runs super smooth with no stutters or crashes yet! P3D is a more improved FSX with Lockheed Martin supporting it in 2012 and beyond. I have been clicking menus like a madman in mid-flight for the past few hours with Netflix and Explorer running in the background and all is smooth in p3d.

Gonna grab a new HDD this weekend and give it a go you've all piqued my curiosity.

does it still lack the free flight setup page like it did in the last version? or have they finally incorporated it?

Another user just posted that they had an OOM and their specs were more than adequate. Absolutely disgusting that this is still 32bit software. I'm disgusted. Hopefully V2 will be 64bit? Not sure if they've talked about it at all.

Whats your LOD and Global texture resolution set at? Computer specs? What aircraft? FYI, Iv flown 1/2 way around the world, 100's of hrs, with addon ground and enviroment textures. LOD 4.5 and havnt had one ounce of glitches, oom's g3d errors etc.. You have HighMemfix=1 in you Prepar3D.cfg?

Another user just posted that they had an OOM and their specs were more than adequate. Absolutely disgusting that this is still 32bit software. I'm disgusted. Hopefully V2 will be 64bit? Not sure if they've talked about it at all.

Xplane10 will be updated to 64bit soon :yahoo:

You have HighMemfix=1 in you Prepar3D.cfg?

Prepar3D and ESP already have HIGHMEMFIX incorporated.

Prepar3D and ESP already have HIGHMEMFIX incorporated.

If that were the case, why is it mentioned as a tweak in their Learning Center tuning guide?

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

"Non-default entry. This entry will not exist in your prepar3D.cfg by default and must be added."

Performance tuning tip.

"HIGHMEMFIX Fixes errors with texture addressing modes in Windowes Display Driver Model 1.0 and 1.1 when Prepar3d is using a lot of video memory"

If that were the case, why is it mentioned as a tweak in their Learning Center tuning guide?

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

"Non-default entry. This entry will not exist in your prepar3D.cfg by default and must be added."

Performance tuning tip.

"HIGHMEMFIX Fixes errors with texture addressing modes in Windowes Display Driver Model 1.0 and 1.1 when Prepar3d is using a lot of video memory"

It's mentioned somewhere that ESP already has the HIGHMEMFIX, so Prepar3D should already have it too.

However, that might be wrong since the learning center says that.

Been using P3D for 6mo flown 100's of hours and have always had the HighMemFix as one of my three cfg tweaks and have NEVER seen an OOM error. It certainly wont hurt anything.