Sign in to follow this  
TvD

from pmdg 737ngx back to fsx default 737...

Like for most of you, I guess, for me the first flights in the ngx were not the easiest.

More complicated, programming the fmc, flight characteristics, etc. it was a sleep learning curve.

But yesterday I tried the fsx default 737 on a short flight, just for fun, just to get the old feeling back.

Well, that was once and never again!!! Like switching from a Rolls Royce to a Citroen 2cv.

Using the Garmin500..how? VC cockpit... pre WWII, flying FL340...in your dreams.

Halfway a flight from Frankfurt to London I quited, no fun, no joy, nothing.

My conclusion: Flying the pmdg 737ngx is, in every aspect, fun, realistic, and, after some learning, a lot easier to fly then the stock 737.

That's all I wanted to say, bye bye.

Ton v.Dongen

I can't even use other payware addons, I just bought the QW 757 this evening and I won't even use it because after flying for 5 minutes it just does not compare to the NGX both from a visual and realism point of view. I think sometimes people forget how amazing the PMDG team are to have created an addon such as the NGX!

Agree on the whole line, PMDG doesn't have a multitude of loyal customers, they keep us here by addiction lol

once you enter the tunnel... you never leave!

I think an avsim reviewer said the NGX had only one fault, it had forever changed his perception of a good fsx addon, making a lot of his addons now not very intresting at all...

I have also flown the QW757, I know how you feel!

+1 for all the above

Oh, and if somebody found an add-on that does compare to the NGX in realism and overall quality, please let me know

My fleet has been culled also since the addition of the NGX.

Nowadays it is pretty much:

PMDG 737NGX

PMDG MD11

PMDG JS4100

I also occasionally fly

Leonardo MadDog MD80 (2crew is really cool, the plane isn't bad).

PMDG 747-400 (Though it feels quite old now, bring on v2)

and then the RealityXP GNS530/430 in Realair General Aviation Props (Beechcraft BE60 and Lancair Legacy LEG2).

Even the 767 has been cut from my fleet in my latest culling.

I sometimes still fly the Carenado C172 if I'm flying somewhere with a really small runway ie OZx style airfields (like YGRL for example) in Australia. Realair is likley to take that position in future.

Certain Q400, A320 and 777 aircraft are on my expected future addon list. ;)

My full current list, including other details such as what I primarily use the addons for, and what callsigns I use with them on Vatsim are in my little airplanes spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am5GjWrn0HgrdFdYYmZrTm1MM2R5cVlxUU5vMGpqTnc

Trent Hopkinson

Gday

Totally agree with all of the above, since grtting the 737 ngx , (with the exception of the pmdg 747) i just cant seem to get into my other addon planes, they have raised the bar for sure. And they wonder why we are so much looking forward to the Triple 7.

Jeff

Try the QW Avro - It is pretty good. I own the NGX and admit the avro is pretty good.. I am waiting for the BAE update though.

Try the QW Avro - It is pretty good. I own the NGX and admit the avro is pretty good.. I am waiting for the BAE update though.

I have been waiting for a high quality Cityhopper for a while ( bought and deleted the Fokkers :D as they are rubbish ) and I agree the QW Avro is very nice indeed - a few small issues to be ironed out, but, I love this plane. EGLC is back in play and it took a few goes to get into the 5.5 degree glide slope. FPS are really good too with UK2000 EGLC.

Flight One also have the BAe 146, however, do some research as I will not say which better here......also Aerosoft are going to release one too. Are these going to be the same quality as the JS4100, well, maybe, as the JS4100 was not designed as an 'in depth' simulation. FSX can't simulate turboprops, it's a known bug if you look.

As per the OP....why would anyone use the default planes? It's like learning the English alphabet - real-world has 26 characters, in this context, FSX default has 5 and PMDG has around 17. There is no home simulation that can fully simulate a plane in flight. Can FSX developers create the illusion, well, yes....

All NGX here.

Funny, just for the heck of it, I also took the default 737 out for a spin around the traffic pattern the other day.

Actually ended up crashing it into the ocean just shy of the runway.... and it wasn't even on purpose.

The NGX is something else can't wait for the 777! I do remember the days before buying payware. First it was the 734 in FS2000! Then it was the 734 and 744 in FS8. I remember some flights like doing LGA-PIT in FS2002 and it felt so real! Given I was 11-12 years old :D

My first add ons were both classics for FS9 a DC-9 and 727. PMDG came a few years later with the 737 for FS9. The NGX is like nothing else though. For long haul I still use the good old 744X but it does show its age. As for other planes I rarely fly them though I am thinking about buying the good BAe-146 and trying out the new DC-9 once a patch comes out. But the NGX will always get the most hours out of me. Until the 777 of course!