Sign in to follow this  
Tamer008

NGX's 2d OR 3d gives the ultimate handling experience?

Dear folks.........After long testing of NGX in the FSx enviroment i feel that controling it via using the 2d views gives the pilot more accurate and comfortable handling like the real one due to the fact that the PFD and ND is crystal clear and have a large size that any simple movement can be noticed by the pilot and adjusted instantly unlike 3d virtual cockpit experience that the pilot( due to FSX enviroment and space limitation) can loss of accurate control of aircraft and visualization of the primary displays because they are far from his head position and shown as small boxes have alot of data.......Summary: Although 3d cockpit of any FSX aircraft give the experience of handling of real aircraft ( full cockpit) but the 2d view give more accurate and comfort handling similar to what real pilots feel because in real cockpit they have the ability to monitor all displays easily ( outside Limited FSX spaces) and so the simmer can feel the accurate modeling of fight dynamics of such a complex and comprehencive FSX Addon ......what do you think?? try to fly 2d and feel the differnece, you will handle it professionally!!

Really I'm impressed by how fluidly the PFD's work in both VC and 2D 'pits.

Haven't used the HUD much, but 99.9% of me NGX approaches are from the VC off the PFD.

For the really tough ones I will pop-up the PFD and make it a tad bigger.

Dear folks.........After long testing of NGX in the FSx enviroment i feel that controling it via using the 2d views gives the pilot more accurate and comfortable handling like the real one due to the fact that the PFD and ND is crystal clear and have a large size that any simple movement can be noticed by the pilot and adjusted instantly unlike 3d virtual cockpit experience that the pilot( due to FSX enviroment and space limitation) can loss of accurate control of aircraft and visualization of the primary displays because they are far from his head position and shown as small boxes have alot of data.......Summary: Although 3d cockpit of any FSX aircraft give the experience of handling of real aircraft ( full cockpit) but the 2d view give more accurate and comfort handling similar to what real pilots feel because in real cockpit they have the ability to monitor all displays easily ( outside Limited FSX spaces) and so the simmer can feel the accurate modeling of fight dynamics of such a complex and comprehencive FSX Addon ......what do you think?? try to fly 2d and feel the differnece, you will handle it professionally!!

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Solution: TrackIR and Ezdok

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Personally when i was still doing flights in 2d with everything i thought it was the best way to fly by what you said i had an eye on everything i needed to monitor.

However since i started flying with the NGX i find my self more and more in a position to fly in the vc because it feels much more real for me when i am in 2d on the NGX i see the view is pointed down instead of looking straight forward then also in 2d you can't use the HGS wich i fell in love with :)

I know that the solution is track ir and ezdok.....however i mean that best feeling of airplane flight dynamics that were extensively programmed and boeing officialy licensed should be experinced through the 2d view which give you incredible stable control in FSX enviroment More than 3d view............ :P

Personally when i was still doing flights in 2d with everything i thought it was the best way to fly by what you said i had an eye on everything i needed to monitor.

However since i started flying with the NGX i find my self more and more in a position to fly in the vc because it feels much more real for me when i am in 2d on the NGX i see the view is pointed down instead of looking straight forward then also in 2d you can't use the HGS wich i fell in love with :)

ok i agree with you that the NGX gives you the ultimate VC cockpit experience simmer can have in FSX, but the 2d panels give you more stablity and controlabilty of the aircraft and utilizes your resources and concentration to simulate the IFR procedures like pro pilots and level-d sim trainees that have real hardware available to them so that they dont waste their concentration on changing the views and zoom in, out of different displays.....they have clear crystal view of PFD ND and IN THE SAME TIME THEY OPERATE other systems WITHOUT lost of eye contact with displays and horizantal artifical line in case of VFR....... B)

I only want to say that if a serious simmer who looks for realism and fly the NGX for simulation benefits and purposes( how the real 737NG systems working,monitoring the performance of the aircraft,failures...etc...) not just for eye candy and fun purposes and what real ATP 737ng crews experience in terms of pilot eye in the cockpit.........finally, i believe that only full simulators (fixed or dynamic) give the simmer the passion and real feeling of flying an airplane not a 3d program that is displayed on 2d display and this rule will always be true even if a fancy future simulator will be done which have incredible fluid fast graphics and excellent performance.......... A concept ISSue :Broken Heart:

Yup and a need big Monitor !

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yup and a need big Monitor !

I was thinking the same thing! :P Flying is all preference. Enjoy the NGX however you want! It's a great airplane. Before the Queen I flew exclusively from spot view for takeoffs and landings. I would use the 2d panel to adjust and land from spot. Seems strange now. The Queens's VC converted me and I fly exclusively from 3D. :rolleyes:

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I always fly in VC, with the NGX i always use the PFD, ND pop-ups (they are in 2d). & never trackIR, only mouse view. Try it u might like it.

I was thinking the same thing! :P Flying is all preference. Enjoy the NGX however you want! It's a great airplane. Before the Queen I flew exclusively from spot view for takeoffs and landings. I would use the 2d panel to adjust and land from spot. Seems strange now. The Queens's VC converted me and I fly exclusively from 3D. :rolleyes:

i always fly with VC view........but however i need to pop up displays like you so that i have a more clear view........and that step converted my flights to entirely 2d view because i feel that it is even more comfortable to person eyes than VC for hard app and flights.......... :rolleyes:

The VC is for me, I use no camera addons. Just the standard way to move around in FSX with the mouse. Works fine for me! But everyone has different preferences.

2D is easier 3D is realistic and the ability to look around even with the default FSX arrows is unmatched ......since the release of NGX I have been using 3D cockpit view with all planes I am flying and it increased my overall performance handling the plane to a degree where I cant stand 2D views any more....

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Ezdok, is a must within FSX. It is one of the first addons I would get if I was starting again, i cannot tell you how neccessary it is.

Now,

Flying in 2d?? The view outside is so distorted. I cannot [personally] believe someone would fly the NGX with a 3d panel.

One simply uses the pfd for final approach and then visual at around 100-200ft....That's what they do in real life folks,

The correct view in the VC is exactly what real pilots see.

Shameless promotion but this is what I mean with Ezdok and 3d

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

VC for me with 2D popups for the ND and PFD and also like Alex said EZCA and Trackir is a no brainier for FS if you want fast access to certain panels or instruments

Gavin Price