Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

Airline pilot, overrated job.

It still looks the better option compared to the others on the list. Each to his own I suppose.

I would have thought Air Traffic Controller to be a high stress job as well.

Matthew Kane

It still looks the better option compared to the others on the list. Each to his own I suppose.

Certainly would be heaps more fun than all the other jobs on the list. From my view anyhow.

With stress comes challenge .That is what keeps our brain alive . The thrill of life from a window view that most of us only dream of.......

Scroll down to the airline pilot

http://business.fina...d-jobs-in-2012/

Jim

CYWG

"Overrated"? The average is truly that... The lowest figures are what aren't reflected well in figures... There is also truly growth happening right now.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

What aircraft is that lady first officer flying? Is that a 747-200 with a glass cockpit and an INS? I don't see any EADI, or she has it turned off.

I call BS on that article. They don't explain why it's overrated, and the average salary is also BS. Where are their sources?

Edited by linux731

I call BS on that article. They don't explain why it's overrated, and the average salary is also BS. Where are their sources?

It is a Canadian newspaper called The National Post....

They seem to be using various sources, for example they said Surgeon Median Salary: US$305,078 (Canadian Doctors don't make that much money).

I see it as sensational as well. Over inflating the salaries and showing the downsides to each profession.

Matthew Kane

It is a Canadian newspaper called The National Post....

They seem to be using various sources, for example they said Surgeon Median Salary: US$305,078 (Canadian Doctors don't make that much money).

I see it as sensational as well. Over inflating the salaries and showing the downsides to each profession.

Ok and where are the sources for the other jobs?

They should add Flight Simulator developer to that list.

Medium Salary: So poor we have to wash ourselves with a rag attached to the end of a stick :P

Maybe save some money, and don't buy the stick?

My mom (RIP) used to ask me.. "Why dont you get a job in computers if you like them so much".. I said, I like computers because it's not my job.

top "list" of any kind are always suggestive, and meat to spark debate.

top "list" of any kind are always suggestive, and meat to spark debate.

True in a way.

Speaking of pilots and job stress... looks like American is trying to take away their pensions (again?)

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/27/business/american-air-pilots/index.html?iref=allsearch

I think it is the number one overrated job. We don't get paid for all the time we spend planning and prepping the airplane. I don't know of any job where you show up and don't get paid for the majority of your job description.