Sign in to follow this  
sidh

Do I deserve this FPS in FSX?

I would certainly resolve the temp issue before doing anything! As Dave mentioned, set to default and start all over.

But first try to use a modern temperature monitor instead of using speedfan. Speedfan is known to show incorrect numbers for some mobos

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Use this:

http://download.cnet.com/CrystalDiskMark/3000-2094_4-11913645.html

to find out the speed of your HDDs.

Then install FSX in the fastest one, and the OS in the second fastest.

The moment I did that I experienced the flow of FS9 in FSX. Amazing.

And of course use and test all the recommended tweaks.

Also, I use Ultimate Defrag 3 which has a great impact on stutters, loading times and overall performance. I you don't have it you could easily use:

http://www.auslogics.com/en/

It will move and defragg all your files at the beginning of the HDD which is very important for loading times.

Even with my setup I get easily 24fps locked, with a fair amount of clouds around.

It didn't register with me the first read through but those cores are crazy hot, definitely beyond what is considered safe. I wonder if they're trying to throttle themselves down because they are so over driven or because they are so hot they cant function, and thats why your performance sucks? You would think it would crash the OS if they were unstable though. Personally I'd want to see those no higher than 70C under load but there are far more clever OC'rs than I out there.

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Use this:

http://download.cnet...4-11913645.html

to find out the speed of your HDDs.

Then install FSX in the fastest one, and the OS in the second fastest.

The moment I did that I experienced the flow of FS9 in FSX. Amazing.

And of course use and test all the recommended tweaks.

Also, I use Ultimate Defrag 3 which has a great impact on stutters, loading times and overall performance. I you don't have it you could easily use:

http://www.auslogics.com/en/

It will move and defragg all your files at the beginning of the HDD which is very important for loading times.

Even with my setup I get easily 24fps locked, with a fair amount of clouds around.

Yes! The defragger also helped my fps a bit, up about 3 in most all situations.

To the op,

as you have a Nvidia 560 i would reommend you try to avoid using HD textures where possible ( and dont use above 2048x2048 ), also if you have followed the Nvidia Inspector guides out there dont as they are intended for high end gfx cards as using super sampling AA will kill your frame rate, you should try x4 Multi sampling and if you fps is ok then add 2x Sparse Grid Super Sampling.

I had the same issue on my GTX470 when following those guides as the 8xS would kill my fps to less than 10 at some airports when flying heavy's.

As you are a Rex user i would also recommend you use a water texture size of no more than 512x512 as well.

On a side note, make sure you use gfx drivers from Nvidia and not windows update

-Paul-

HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR CPU TEMP YET?????

Sorry to shout. Don't mean to be rude, but anything above 80 degrees could be degrading your CPU.

The result of such high temps, could be that your CPU is throttling back to avoid damage. Thus lower performance.

Get RealTemp, and check NOW, under load.

If you are too hot, make sure your thermal compound is applied properly, and that your fans are up to speed. make sure no dust has acumulated between the heatsink fins.

Coolers recommended.. if you have a big enough case.

Thermalright Silver Arrow.

Noctua NH-D14

Both the best air coolers out there.

Forget tweaks and any of the guides out there. You should NOT be getting such diabolical performance. Find out what is wrong, put it right... then worry about overclocking and tweaking.

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering that despite of having an High end computer my FSX with addons does not perform well..

I get about 10-15 FPS with PMDG 74X ( High end Airport(EGLL) , REX, UT Night Env,AI-80%[even with 10% doesn't make much difference])..Makes me sad I cannot enjoy FSX to the fullest..I have used all the needed tweaks in FSX cfg still i don't see any big change..

However I get 40FPS locked in FS9(Despite every possible addon on it)

Here is my computer

l9nxs.jpg

Here is my temprature..

14smluu.jpg

Please Help me out..

Thanks a lot!

Here is an example of my FPS -FSX default Heathrow,REX,ASE,NGX

2w1sj1u.jpg

Seems to me the issue is the stupidly high CPU temps - over 90 degrees ?

You need to rebuild the pc.Something isn't right - maybe the cooler is busted or not seated correctly. Try using Prime95 or other benchmarking stress tests, and compare your results to other people's. This will tell you if your CPU is performing correctly.

Why are the fan results showing 0 or 20-odd % ? Haven't used that monitor before, but I think your CPUs are "throttling-down" due to the high temperatures. I get better FPS than you with a Q6600 at 3.4 !!!

See here for typical temps of an i2600 at 4.6 GHz - they're in the 60-70C range !!!!!!

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/297759-10-2600k-temps-normal

You then need to overclock the cpu to 4.5 for another 20% gain.

Then get rid of Innsbruck - it is the worst peforming scenery item available. And using London VFR with a PMDG is asking for trouble.

You need to rebuild the pc.Something isn't right - maybe the cooler is busted or not seated correctly. Try using Prime95 or other benchmarking stress tests, and compare your results to other people's. This will tell you if your CPU is performing correctly.

No!

Absolutely not!

I would not rerecommend that he use any kind of stress testing software. Not the Intel Burn Test, and not Prime95.

His temperatures are VERY high running less demanding stuff, the last thing he wants to do is stress test and push the temps even higher.

Thats like saying, you have a broken arm, so test it by doing 500 pound bench presses.

He knows it's too hot, that's all he needs to know.

Im kind of hopping his temps are a reporting error down to speed fan or something as he has to be hitting the thermal limits on the cpu if those are correct.

Like others have suggested, use Real temp or Core temp to monitor your cpu temps, anything above 80c is way to hot imo.

-Paul-

I have got some very helpful responses,Thanks guys

Alright , so here is my temprature with Realtemp(FSX minimised)

28why06.jpg

On that note after Re-installation of FSX & cleaning dust from my CPU my FPS in default EGLL,(almost)High settings(with 20% -AI traffic), NGX ,REX I am getting-20 FPS

After takeoff- FPS reaches 30(locked)

1y329d.jpg

I had same PC and had the same issues. In my case, I start drinking until ******* and Word Not Allowed came in. I am getting 30 FPS now and I stopped drinking.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: