Sign in to follow this  
sidh

Do I deserve this FPS in FSX?

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering that despite of having an High end computer my FSX with addons does not perform well..

I get about 10-15 FPS with PMDG 74X ( High end Airport(EGLL) , REX, UT Night Env,AI-80%[even with 10% doesn't make much difference])..Makes me sad I cannot enjoy FSX to the fullest..I have used all the needed tweaks in FSX cfg still i don't see any big change..

However I get 40FPS locked in FS9(Despite every possible addon on it)

Here is my computer

l9nxs.jpg

Here is my temprature..

14smluu.jpg

Please Help me out..

Thanks a lot!

Here is an example of my FPS -FSX default Heathrow,REX,ASE,NGX

2w1sj1u.jpg

1y329d.jpg

I share your pain, I've all but given up. I have a powerful computer and it does not run any better than the days of my piece of garbage Athlon 850 years ago.

I share your pain, I've all but given up. I have a powerful computer and it does not run any better than the days of my piece of garbage Athlon 850 years ago.

That's exactly true.. I had quad core before with GTX 260 and 3GB ram.. I DON'T see a major difference with high end addons..

1y329d.jpg

Don't give up. This is EGLC with LondonVFR, EGLL and EGKK addons flying the 737-600NG at 30fps. REXE textures and AS2012 weather.

This is my worst scenario, i usually get 60fps enroute and over 40fps in most airports, externally limited by the nVidia driver.

FSX is the best simulator we have right now, it just needs a bit of tweaking and not even than much.

This is all i use

[bufferPools]

UsePools=0

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=200

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

[GRAPHICS]

AC_SELF_SHADOW=0

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

HIGHMEMFIX=1

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=7.500000 // As you wish - Higher = More quality but takes more time to load scenery

[Main]

DisablePreload=1

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.20

Together with the nVidia driver adaptive vsync = Cloud9. Oh, and i am at 2560x1440 resolution.

Edited by firehawk44
Photo removed - Exceeded 400KB Limit

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Together with the nVidia driver adaptive vsync = Cloud9. Oh, and i am at 2560x1440 resolution.

Hello,

What do you mean by "nvidia driver adaptive vsync = Cloud9" ?

too much, too soon....

Isn't "Cloud9" an expression that reflects a feeling of accomplishment? I'm not US native, so forgive me if i used the wrong expression :)

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I think you certainly deserve better fps with your system, sidh. Don't give up. Just in case you have'nt been there: I would highly recommend Word Not Allowed's guide

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370594-read-before-posting-software-hardware-guide-for-fsx/

But apart from tweaking, even with a high end system balancing is still required. You might look into your REX cloud resolution settings and limit them to, say, 2048 or 1024. Other 'fps-consumers' are autogen, scenery detail, high water settings and cloud draw distance. Worth trying is also limiting the visibilty.

Regards,

René

@NaMco...apologies for thread drift!

Great screenshot and frame rates but I'm curious as to why why no auto-brakes on approach to London City?????

Great screenshot and frame rates but I'm curious as to why why no auto-brakes on approach to London City?????

No spoilers either. I'd say he is going for a touch and go ^_^

Sadly there hasn't been much change after applying those tweaks.. :mellow:

2w5szsk.jpg

1y329d.jpg

Well......... what might you be running in the background that could be eating CPU time?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There is nothing major running in background..

Here is some nice FPS while approach at innusburgh -_-

2zqvpkh.jpg

1y329d.jpg

Your i-6 should be overclocked to 4.5 safely and you'll see a big jump in fps.

tc

Agree It helps to overclock.

Your system should be capable of running FSX fine I think just have to tweak it right. Do you use bloom and shadows(Sucks out performance if you're running DX9) and stuff, car traffic?