Sign in to follow this  
kannwar

FSX Realistic Night!

That's odd I'm using the Vsync modand and it works both in windowed and full screen!

The only thing I might be doing differently is that I have an ATI card and because I use my PC pretty much only for FSX I use the windows classic theme exclusively. Not sure this is relevant but might be worth a try as a long shot.

The Windowed VSync mod posted by Word Not Allowed requires you to re-enable Aero after FSX disables it. (I used the FSUIPC.ini batch file method he suggested). I am pretty sure this was what was crashing my FSX with this new FXAA mod installed, because the crash occurred right after it switched back to Aero. As I said I did not clear my shader cache folder, maybe that was it (?) . I did try running it with FXAA on and FXAA off via NI, no go in either case.

OK, I just got antsy and retried this, deleted everything in my Win7 C:\Users\" "\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX folder (Shaders), beforehand.

Windowed Vsync is working, and the FXAA mod is working as well. It is certainly darker, and i appreciate that the VC is not so dark as it was with ENB. I used Preset 1 at dusk in my test and noted a purplish tint. FXAA is not enabled in NI at all, but I also noticed a general blurriness of menus and text, not major, but noticable. I will play with some of the suggested settings in the FXAA Tool later. I am wondering is their any point to using Shade now? Or is it redundant?

Shade now? Or is it redundant?

I still find Shade to be much more programmable and realistic for FSX. Also dont care about the FXAA, if I were to use it for AA I would set it up in N.I. as this mod came out before NI and Nvidia drivers had the FXAA option. That's my opinion of course, not right not wrong. Tried this night mod along time ago and always went back to Shade. The difference is 10 or 15 bucks.

I have to say I very much like the coloration effect of this mod and the increased darkness level outside at dawn/dusk/night, while remaining bright inside the VC. Also, I found that changing certain settings within the FXAA Tool was what was causing my FSX crash at switchover to Aero mode, for anyone that cares to know or is having the same problem. Reverting back to the default settings solved it. I am going to use this mod for awhile and see how i like it.

One thing I have noticed with this mod in windowed mode is if you drag an undocked window to a second monitor the effect is disabled. To get it back you have to drag the undocked window back to the primary monitor, alt enter into full screen and alt enter again into windowed mode.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

What with the shade effect? Yes I have a 2.5 FPS drop with it on.

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

FSX became unstable after using this so I removed the files but now FSX won't start without injFX_Shaders. Any ideas?

Look in the installation zip and remove ALL the files, not only the injFX... folder.

FSX became unstable after using this so I removed the files but now FSX won't start without injFX_Shaders. Any ideas?

For easy uninstall just remove it from the programs & features in control panel. Or download the IObit uninstaller to do the job for ya.

Regarding post #115 above, I have NI Ver. 1.9.6.6 and can't find the FXAA Post Process Profile. I have been following this thread. Is there a file I am missing either in FSX main folder or in injFX_Shaders folder?

Dave Hinson

Also: Seeing flickering road traffic lights through clouds (visible, then not visible).