Sign in to follow this  
kannwar

FSX Realistic Night!

particularly noticable on the NGX when initializing.

Exactly, yes. For me not always, but it flashes couple of times. I have idea why it does that, but the fact is that we're pushing the boundaries of this sim...

Does anyone know how to get rid of the green box in the upper left corner?

A

Go into Nividia Inspector and set "Toggle FXAA Indicator on or off" to Off.

Danny

Danny

What does one have to do to see the changes made by the tool's sliders. ?

They do not appear to operate in "real time" on my setup .. maybe I have something set wrong ?

On my setup, the Tool is defiantly processing the Video, and can be turned on/off by the Pause/Break key.

While it does alter the outside darkness levels at night, I am finding that the corresponding effects within the cockpit are quite undesirable.

But then, I must be the odd one out, as I have always maintained that typically the Nigh-time outside view is too DARK, and the cockpit lighting is far too bright.

Then again, IF the cockpit lighting was really as bright as it appears in FSX, there goes your Night Vision, and everything outside does go dark !!

I am also finding that when using the previously mentioned Preset 1, that a dark, clear night's sky looses all the stars. They should be relatively bright pinpoints of light, and fill the sky.

You should also be able to clearly see the Milky Way .. it is there in FSX, but typically, below the black level of most monitor/video/shader setups.

------

Real world photo of Milky way in night's sky just before dawn.

Milky_Way_April_22_2009_SMALL.jpg

Although the Milky Way can be seen by the naked eye and I have seen it many times it is not perceived as in this photo. You are confusing a camera time exposure with real light levels.

When flying at night it is extremely rare to see anything except street lights, the Moon or other bright light sources. To see the Milky Way from the cockpit it would have to be completely darkened.

Light levels and colours at night within the cockpit depend on the a/c type. Some use red lighting, others not. Some cockpits have instrumernt lights that cannot be dimmed.

Each a/c model in the sim, if modelled well should reflect more or less the correct night light levels inside the cockpit. Outside you should see nothing but light sources only.

Thanks Danny, I found that one out as well... though if you look in the top left corner, you can still make out a white box, maybe 1px*1px? If you accidentally click and drag it, it is impossible to return it back to the 1*1 size...

Only present when this FXAA injector dll is running...

A

Do you guys find that night textures with this tool enabled are too dark? For instance, entering an NGX cockpit, I can't even see a shadow for the light switch, I had to click for a minute around the panel to accidentally click on the light switch. It does look better over the day, contrast is better, but the whole night experience is waaaay too dark and those flashes are there, no matter what.

Hi, .. have a problem by turning off Antialiasing in FSX, in case of that no AA- is visible - and otherwise let AA turned on, FXAA is not working.

Tried to set AA in Nvidiainspector - or ticking AA on in the FXAA-Tool, but nothing helps.

Could someone help?

Hi guys any guides how to install this I can't get it to work, thanks

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I disabled the tool when flying in dark. Beside there's nothing much to look at. This way it'll get rid of the flashes altogether. ^_^

Hi guys any guides how to install this I can't get it to work, thanks

Read post #93 if you missed all the instructions before that.

Hi, .. have a problem by turning off Antialiasing in FSX, in case of that no AA- is visible - and otherwise let AA turned on, FXAA is not working.

Tried to set AA in Nvidiainspector - or ticking AA on in the FXAA-Tool, but nothing helps.

Could someone help?

If you paste a screenshot of your NI here perhaps I could help. Although I'm not an expert but I've learn plenty from the AVsim gurus here.

Hi Anthony- send you a screenshot from NInspector. thanks for your effort.

..now the screenshot..

I agree. Tried it last night on my first flt in vatsim(after 3 yrs away from vatsim) from cyyz to kiad in the turbine duke and yea the cockpit was super dark i couldnt find the light switch. It also dropped my frames by 3. Was getting high teens with stutters at some points of the flt. I still have to try it during the day and see how it works.

Alejandro.

I tried this FXAA thing a few months ago, mainly to see if it could replace ENB, which was giving me constant CTD's. But I found that, with this tool, everything became blurry. I messed with a bunch of settings but couldn't fix it, and I know I wasn't the only one.

Now, has anyone found a solution for this?

Guest DPetitme1

I tried this FXAA thing a few months ago, mainly to see if it could replace ENB, which was giving me constant CTD's. But I found that, with this tool, everything became blurry. I messed with a bunch of settings but couldn't fix it, and I know I wasn't the only one.

Now, has anyone found a solution for this?

I don't like the blurry made by FXAA.

I untick the AA in FXAATool and make off FXAA in NVidiaInspector keeping my AA settings.

So i can use the better contrast of FXAATool without the blurry of FXAA.

Hope that helps.

Hi Anthony- send you a screenshot from NInspector. thanks for your effort.

..now the screenshot..

Didn't seem to be anything wrong with the screenshot of your NI settings. You said you can uncheck the ingame AA box? That's new to me, perhaps do a back-up of your fsx cfg and then start fresh to see if that help?

For ATI card users, yes it does work. Beautifully, in fact. Just leave the AA in the sim off and set your own AA from Catalyst. *MUCH* better and more stable than ENB.

The default is a good starting point. I don't find night too dark--just dark enough to be realistic I think. Light sources still "pop" out. The day time is too brown-washed for me so there's some tweaking to do!