Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

TBM-850 - When and who's getting one?

I stopped buying carenado planes. Too many things that never get fixed. They have completely mastered the process to release products with huge number of errors, fixed some and before people getting really discruntlled for things not corrected they release another plane and everybody jump on the bandwagon of the new plane, forgetting the things not fixed... and so the cycle continue. Lets be honest about this. They have become masters to manipulate people and circumstances..

Just look at the "must fixed" lists that is being kepts with each plane and see how many of those things are being corrected. I for one still wait for some 337 fixes.. It is a bloody shame that that this developer can create some of the most beautiful models but their support of the product just sucks. There is NOT one plane released by carenado that has ever been properly fixed. Truelly a sausage developer. For them it is all about quantity.

I am so glad I am rid of my 2 monthly "carenado" fix..! You can only pull the blinds over some peoples eyes for so long.. (even though for some the blinds will never be lifted as they just being blinded by some briliant sets of flying textures.) I am glad my eyes have opened and I now appreciate a product like A2A and realair who might release one product every six months only but at least it is 99% of the time good, properly tested BETA tested planes that is released and at least any issues are being rectified along the line and it is products where you dont have to pay to be a BETA tester.

I can assure you, having been a Beta Tester repeatedly, that these problems are flagged in testing..

It is ultimately up to the vendor to decide what is worth fixing and what not.

Bert

I am quite anxious to acquire all of the currently listed "upcoming projects" from Carenado. I am a huge fan of Carenado and their aircraft are almost all I fly in FSX.

As a former real world pilot in many of their models I find them to be quite satisfying to fly in FSX.

Keep up the great work, Carenado! Looking forward to all of your offerings!

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

You can only pull the blinds over some peoples eyes for so long.. (even though for some the blinds will never be lifted as they just being blinded by some briliant sets of flying textures.)

While I understand (and have previously commented on and agreed with) frustrations about Carenado, those of us who don't completely share the depth of your opinions really aren't "blinded by some briliant [sic] sets of flying textures." As I just wrote relative to similar comments from another user in the C90 sub-forum, for me it's a matter of balance. I've passed on numerous Carenado efforts because of outstanding issues that matter too much to me. On the other hand, some of Carenado's planes remain favorites (yes, some even more so than some of the excellent planes from other vendors you mention) and are far more than just "flying textures" or "eye candy", despite a flaw or two.

I've yet to find the FSX plane that doesn't have a few flaws, omissions or limitations. As for the "pay to be a BETA tester" thing? Having lived on both sides of THAT fence, I know that developers get beat up for waiting too long and not long enough, and I've willingly purchased many products that I knew were still a work in progress. What matters to me is that I get sufficient value for the money I pay.

Scott

My only concern on the TBM would be the planned G1000 detail. I think the plane itself will be a winner and I love the fast props.

My only concern on the TBM would be the planned G1000 detail. I think the plane itself will be a winner and I love the fast props.

The best thing we can do as users, is tell Carenado which specific capabilities we would like like to see in future planes, using the 182T G1000 as a starting point.

I, for one, would like to be able to select an arbitrary Waypoint in a flightplan, and with Direct-to, enter, enter make it the next active waypoint.

Also, I would like to be able to add or delete waypoints in an existing flightplan.

Bert

Agreed the TBM's are one of favorite types of planes. But the G1000 will kill it for me.

I wish it would be a G1000 to the level of detail of the F1. I know for some it can be an fps eater but it's quite good.

I'll say it again, a steam gauge TBM700 would have been good. Carenado is good at steam, and lots of other things but for me their "glass" avionics are lacking. I know that there market for that might not be the "hard core" market but still

Cheers

Lee

Very constructive posts. Well, I'd like to see support for flight plan edits, an updatable database (so that you are not dependant on the default FSX stuff) and VNAV.

Very constructive posts. Well, I'd like to see support for flight plan edits, an updatable database (so that you are not dependant on the default FSX stuff) and VNAV.

Agreed on the constructive comments.

Flight plan editing is an absolute must for me, as is AT LEAST a reasonably up to date database including WAAS precision approach capability. Update-able data is a high want, while VNAV is kind of a "it would be nice" feature.

WIth the first two features, this'd be a buy for me. Without them (or a graceful way of getting them) I'll pass.

Scott

Very true on the FP editing. A must! I've just dropped the additional VNAV point since that's the detail which is also missing on the otherwise detailed Flight1 G1000 offerings. Not a problem on a C182, but on a business jet or turboprop, flying some distance and (usually) high flight levels.

It just doesn't feel right to run a state of the art G1000 with such limitations and the VNAV calcs are doable in my eyes, so it's not like somebody requests heavy features like synthetic vision or something.

On the database, that would be Carenados entry into the Navigraph (and/or Aerosoft) regime. Surely a big step, no doubt.

Without them (or a graceful way of getting them) I'll pass.
Same here.

I will be passing too, their G1000 is lacking funcionality and is a huge killer on framerates, I get better frames with the ngx!

I was disappointed with the ct182t!

I have it parked, for me it is unflyable.

David

I took a chance on the C182T after being disappointed with the C90B and I love how it fly's. I do agree the G1000 is quite limited but lucky for me, that wasn't the reason I bought it and its the same for the TBM. I really want a fast high-performance turbine single and that's what the TBM is. For some of us, a full featured G1000 like Flight1's would pretty much kill our machines so its not that critical. Once it provides enough info to fly the plane, I'm good as I'll be hand flying it all the time like I do my RealAir turbine Duke and Mario's freeware P180. Now that the C200 is out, I really hope they release the TBM soon, like today maybe :biggrin:

I wish Carenado would hurry up and release the TBM, already have my flight plan from the factory airport at Tarbes to home airport in South Florida.

Are you listening Carenado?

Oh the TBM 850....

It will:

1.) look incredible.

2.) Fly incredible.

3.) have the C182T G1000 suit.

And that will be absolutely fine. No one.. NO ONE... has made a true G1000. NO ONE.

MOST EVERYONE has made a G1000 that is 1000% better then the MS G1000.

The only way a real G1000 will be made, is if it's an add-on like Reality XP, and runs outside of FSX. Seeing how so many people hit buy for 50+ bucks for RXP, maybe there is a biz-ness opportunity for a Reality G1000.

So... Hell yea I'm buying this plane!!!!!!!