Sign in to follow this  
pmanhart

TrackIR Beta with Prepar3d Support!

Credit goes to the boys at Simflight for reporting this. I have confirmed the TrackIR 4 Beta software is working with my TrackIR 4 in Prepar3d! Thanks TrackIR and Lockheed for supporting the FS Community!

Link to the betas: http://forum.natural...53140#Post53140

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I tell ya, those Simflight boys are always ahead of the curve when it comes to the latest news.

Tell me Philip, when you say it works, does it work as normal for VC view but disables automatically for outside view? Have always has to use the little app, JAB FSX to resolve that.

I take it you also did not need to tweak the language.dll for this to work?

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Yep - can confirm it works like a charm. Great news - no more fiddling with the dll code. Reverted to the original file.

This is another very important moment for P3D.

For the other comment, I normally just "pause" trackir with my programmed mouse button and then pan outside with the hat switch.

Cheers

Chris

Thank you for the heads-up on this. Something that I have been waiting for.

Like already said, it works as normal so you'll need to pause it in the external view.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Did you have to re-program any special profiles (in the TrackIR program) or did they transfer?

John

John Wingold

Did you have to re-program any special profiles (in the TrackIR program) or did they transfer?

John

I ended up uninstalling completely and deleting the profiles folder so I had to start over. I'm not sure if an old profile would or wouldn't work. You could make a backup of your profiles, then uninstall and install the new version, then see if your old profile can be imported.

13.jpg

Hi

Installed the new beta and looks like the profiles are still there.

I took a backup of the folder prior to installing just in case :)

Hope this helps?

Yes, I was tempted not to install since I am happy with my current setup. I might try it now. Spent a lot of time going back and forth to get it the way I like it!

John

John Wingold

Yes, it picked up my custom profiles with no problems.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors