Sign in to follow this  
hmar

Advantages /disadvantages between window and full screen mode

Window mode here too. I use 2 monitors and it allows me to use the desktop if needed, as well as better FSX performance for me.

One thing to mention though, be sure that the FS window does not touch the taskbar or perfromance will suffer. I move it to my second monitor when flying, you can also set it to 'autohide'.

I have tried this, and I get no FPS gain. My system is setup with NickN's guide and then tweaked with Word Not Allowed's guide.

Have to run in window mode...

35319529.jpg

Jack Cannon

Windowed mode kills immersion for me, ..........

It shouldn't if you clear all borders. I use AUTO-HOTKEY to hide left, right and top and Windows "Hide Taskbar" for the bottom.

That provides full screen PLUS I can still access the taskbar if needed and use a separate monitor for GPS, kneeboard, panels, etc.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Guys

Have a look at this :FS SIMtimizer

It allow you to run full screen and still use your second monitor.

It does other things also, which you might find helpful. The site is in German, but this is the 'google translate' page.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://www.friendlyflusi.at/index.php%3Fpage%3DThread%26threadID%3D13492

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

What is auto-hotkey?

I've always wondered why this matters for single screen users since it is always easy to switch between windows and full screen with alt-enter. I run full screen, and if I need to access another program, I alt-enter to windowed and do so and then switch back to full when I'm done. Never use alt-tab.

Auto Hot key lets you run in windowed mode, but without borders..

I either set the taskbar to auto-hide or move it to the 2nd monitor, start auto hot key run FSX in windowed mode., press the window key + F11, then the FSX window looks exactly like it does in Full Screen mode, only I can still use my 2nd monitor for whatever I like...