Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

It's pretty easy to adjust things for yourself. You can even do this with FSX running and by refreshing SFX, see your results immediately.

Rights thanks that's it cheers for that.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I just installed this but see no difference at all. I had to bind my Insert key to it as I have no Scroll Lock key, but still nothing. I copied and pasted 9 files along with the folder SweetFX into my main FSX folder. That sound right?  Here are the folders I copied over:  

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Preston Van Name

PMDG 747-400 PMDG MD-11 PMDG JS41 PMDG 737-NGX

FS2Crew Voice Edition for each, except MD-11

Will try that next. I did read the log file and I had a BackBufferFailed line in there. I am running Shade already and have read they work together. I will try the Inspector settings first, then look at shade.

Preston Van Name

I did install this software with the configurator and all looked esplendid, however like on of the users in this Forum I am using Networked PCs using Input Director and

unfortunately when I move the mopuse over to the non Sim PC all effects disappear. This is a real shame, but if someone knows how to fix this issue I'd would be most

grateful.

Regards

Hi guys

Let me ask you a question: when you change the view is it normal the color become different (intensified) by milliseconds? Or am I doing something wrong? But undoubtedly the sweetfx changed the FSX.

I found some presets of sweetfx here:

There is no for FSX, but there are some really interesting.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

If you haven't seen it already, take a look at my preset in the screenshots section if you are looking for suggestions.

If you haven't seen it already, take a look at my preset in the screenshots section if you are looking for suggestions.

Thank you Steve! Really beautiful photos!! I will try your settings at home tonight. Thank you again.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

I tried everything to no avail, but couldn't get it to work. I'd bet it has something to do with Shade for FSX. If anyone here has Shade installed along with SweetFX, Id like to hear how they got it working.

Preston Van Name

I tried everything to no avail, but couldn't get it to work. I'd bet it has something to do with Shade for FSX. If anyone here has Shade installed along with SweetFX, Id like to hear how they got it working.

Well, I have Shade & SweetFX working together w/o problems.  I don't know what to tell you except what finally worked for me.  You have to be sure to unpack the RAR correctly; there should be a new folder in FSX (sweetfx) IN ADDITION to the individual sweetfx files placed outside of the folders, specifically sweetfx readme.txt, sweetfx_preset.txt & sweetfx_settings.txt.  The last one is actually the default which produces only a subtle change.  You can try some of the other presets (I'm trying torchlight2_beta.txt), but you have to add those presets to the overall file tree (copy them from the sweetfx folder to the tree), then change the name of the preset  (in sweetfx_preset.txt) to "torchlight2_beta.txt).

I didn't see the thing working well untill I did the above.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

If you can take a look at post #261, eight posts above, I have a screenshot of what I copied into my main FSX folder. Is that what it should have looked like? To test it, I tried Cartoon mode, Sepia mode, Splitscreen, etc in the settings txt....there were no changes at all, nothing.

but you have to add those presets to the overall file tree (copy them from the sweetfx folder to the tree), then change the name of the preset  (in sweetfx_preset.txt) to "torchlight2_beta.txt).

I didn't see the thing working well untill I did the above.

^ Maybe this is where Im hanging up. Thanks for the heads up on Shade and SweetFX :Peace:  

Preston Van Name