Sign in to follow this  
meshman

P3D launcher?

Hi Mac,

There's a button in the bottom right hand corner of the aircraft selection dialog that lets you reload the entire aircraft database. Does that help?

thanks, Maarten

P.S.: Since I'm not processing the panel.cfg files (I just check if one exists): what kind of changes are you talking about?

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Not only am I old, I am going blind too .... Thanks Maarten.

Did you know that at least some PMDG aircraft are loading happily through your Launcher but crash P3D when attempting to load via the GUI? Probably you did, but just in case.

Cheers, Mac

OK, but I am afraid I am still confused Maarten. If I load a BAe-AvroRJ100 via the P3D GUI I get a different version of the aircraft than if I load the same aircraft via SimLauncher. The first and most obvious difference is that the panel.bmp on display are different and so are the [VIEWS] settings which are taken from the panel.cfg file of course.

The top image is loaded via P3D, the bottom via SimLauncher. Therefore information appears to be gathered from two different files? I have done a complete search of the drive for a second or rouge panel.cfg. I have not taken the "shotgun" approach of installing and reinstalling without your approval.

simlauncher_01.jpg

simlauncher_02.jpg

I think I may have found the problem, Maarten. I think SimLauncher is looking at FSX on my C:\ drive whereas I have P3D on my G:\ drive. So is it possible that SimLauncher is "loading" from FSX and then opening P3D?

Cheers, Mac

I shoulkd have said Maarten, that I have carefully rechecked the "Set preferences". The FSX page has been left blank and paths are correct on the P3D page.

Mac

Nope got that wrong too, Maarten. I copied/overwrite my Quality Wings folders from the known correct source in P3D to FSX, but SL still continues to find the wrong Bitmap and the wrong panel.cfg.

Hi Mac,

I do nothing with panel.cfg files, I just process the aircraft.cfg files.

If you select the aircraft in SimLauncher and then press 'Edit ...', at the top left of the aircraft details dialog you will see the title of the aircraft. This title goes into the Sim= entry in the [sim.0] section of the .flt file. That's all that is used by P3D (and FSX) to identify the aircraft. Now, open the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft in question and look for the [fltsim.x] section that has a title= entry that corresponds to the title you just found in the aircraft details dialog. In the same [fltsim.x] section of this aircraft.cfg file you will find a panel= entry that tells P3D what panel to to use for this aircraft title. If the entry is empty, P3D will look for a panel.cfg file in the panel subfolder; if the entry is not empty, e.g.: new, it will look for a panel.cfg file in the panel.new subfolder.

Hope this give you some directions to try and find out what's going on.

thanks, Maarten

Hi Maarten

An odd problem with latest version

I loaded a saved flight and changed the time to local time. It accepted this but changed the aircraft! Thomas Cook A321 turned into an Air Berlin A321. Mysterious eh? Did it every time too.

Brilliant program!

Cheers

Chris

PS it also loses the Gate position and puts it on the runway

Hello Maarten,

no idea about this problem and if I am the only one to get it. I am now running the v5.3 but had also this problem with previous versions.

The issue always happens by opening the program's .exe file because it is not opened. The program's small icon is on the W7 system bar at the bottom, if I roll the mouse pointer over it the window preview comes up, but the program main window is not available. I have to relaunch the program twice to get it running well.

Any idea?

Many thanks and happy new year!

Bye.

Riccardo

Guest do_denver2

Also have to run it twice to start...

Another problem, although I'm not sure what's causing it. But after installing the launcher, I noticed that frequently my right fuel tank and whatever airplane would be either at 0 or completely full, disregarding the fuel I had input. This also happens when loading saved flights, I will be in midair and the saved flight loads with no fuel in the right tank. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Other than this the program is awesome! Thank you so much, it saves a ton of time in P3D.

Hi,

Please upgrade to the latest version (5.7): positioning of the main window and fuel loading should be fixed. If not, please send me an e-mail with the simlauncher.log file and the .flt file that you have problems with.

For those of you suffering from long startup times (minutes): download and run makerwys.exe again (latest version = 4.614) and exclude the FSX/P3D folder and the SimLauncher installation folder from virus checking.

thanks and a happy new year!

Maarten

Guest do_denver2

Whew... the fuel problem had me worried because it was wreaking havoc loading saved flights midair. So far so good, but I haven't tested it too much yet. The startup problem with the window showing was fixed.

Guest do_denver2

Ok, before 5.7 I got 0% on the right fuel tank. Now I am getting %100, so not quite fixed yet, but better! Have a happy new year and thanks for all of your hard work!

Wow were up to V 6. It is feature rich.

Fantastic work Maarten!

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Hi Maarten

I am getting this error message on installation; any pointers on where I am going wrong please?

Error in preferences: either runways.xml, f5.csv or g5.csv not found.....

Running FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool which have tried disabling but still get same error message.

Thanks