Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 and Compatible Airports

FSdreamteam KFLL working here, on top of SunSkyJets KPHL. FSDreamteam KFLL wasn't working at night with version 3.2.2 of the fix (only thing visible was a white texture), but after applying version 3.2.1, it works perfectly, even at night.

Hi,

do you know if fly tampa dubai (OMDB) is compatible ?

I've got - with DX10 - big red square or black instead of the lights in the daytime.

In addition, the night, the tracks are "dark" and had white blocks appear ...

In DX9, I do not have those problems.

thank you,
Bruno

Hello, I would try applying version 3.2.1 of the fix, as this fixed FSDreamteam KFLL having issues at night for me (and it also fixed seeing white ai models on Ivao and Vatsim).

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

The upcoming 29 Palms scenery 'Skiathos' is apparently not compatable with DX10 due to transparency techniques used. Lars posted a reply to my post on the Aerosoft forum.

Just an FYI, Guys - following a number of successful tests, I think Steve is not far off from releasing the DX10 Fixer app which will fix 99% - maybe even all of the issues I've seen listed here.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Just an FYI, Guys - following a number of successful tests, I think Steve is not far off from releasing the DX10 Fixer app which will fix 99% - maybe even all of the issues I've seen listed here.

If he does, he'll be a shoe-in for next years Readers Choice Awards, again.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Fantastic news! At a glance, most people seem to complain about the payware airports at night (then the "white" planes/cars, and the anti collision beacon). If he can get those working I'd see very little reason for most users to run in DX9.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Excellent news!

Thank you very much for your excellent work, Steve!

Any news from this project?

any info/progres/news about Steve's apps? :)

Wow now THIS is good news if true! I am teetering on the edge of returning to DX9 because night flying is pretty much off the menu for me with these incompatible airports.

ps even my OWN sceneries I designed need fixing ! :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Wow now THIS is good news if true! I am teetering on the edge of returning to DX9 because night flying is pretty much off the menu for me with these incompatible airports.

ps even my OWN sceneries I designed need fixing ! :-)

I noticed that Max, your YBCG is ok during the day, but the Cyprus airport does not. Not had a look at TPBP yet. So looking forward to Steve's fix.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I am teetering on the edge of returning to DX9 because night flying is pretty much off the menu for me with these incompatible airports.

Why not go back to DX9 when flying at night?  There isn't much to see when flying at night and I really don't think there's any DX10 enhancement out there for night time flying (like there is, for instance, in the daytime with shadows from the sun in the cockpit and rough seas and oceans).  If you plan on flying at night, just untick DX10 preview, fly your night flight plan, then, when you get ready to fly during the daytime (where DX10 really shines), then simply enable DX10 preview.  No changes to any files, settings, or display driver settings required.  DX10 was just a minor unfinished enhancement to FSX that would have been further developed if the Aces Team developers had not been released by Microsoft.  DX10 is nothing really new and has been around since SP2 and Acceleration.  All Steve did was fix many anomalies everyone was seeing when they turned on DX10 Preview.  Any further enhancements by Steve will be great for FSX and the flightsim community but right now I'm really enjoying what he has done already.  If all you do is fly at night, then I would strongly recommend moving back to DX9 as DX10 is mainly a daytime enhancement.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Good point Jim. I didn't think it was that easy. I thought all those shader file changes needed reversing to use dx9 again. But you make sense I will try it out.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Good point Jim. I didn't think it was that easy. I thought all those shader file changes needed reversing to use dx9 again. But you make sense I will try it out.

Yes, that's what a lot of people think.  Steve's fix only intrudes on the DX10 file (General10.FX - 10 denotes DX10).  And that Shader10 folder you have to delete after the update only belongs to DX10.  So all he did was upgrade the Microsoft developer's DX10 Preview which can be switched on and off at your whim.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

hello jim my problem about dx9 is being completly unplayable because of performance issues for me ... in dx9 mode im getting 10-15fps maybe 20 if im lucky wich is shutters/laggy... but in dx10 nearly stable 30fps cap... i dont know why fsx is making such a difference while other dx9 games not doing that effect... so playing at dx9 pain for my sytem... key here is not eye candy things for me....

• Upvote 1