Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 and Compatible Airports

I thought it might be a good idea to start the thread, and maybe Jim will pin it, (please!) leaving it open for addition - rather than having to find the odd airport that was mentioned in a string of unrelated posts, like "DX9 Sux bigtime!" or "No Traffic at Pyong-Yang Muni". Please add your "finds" and DX10-friendly" Vendors as you come across them.. Tx.

I'll start the ball rolling with this bunch!

FS DreamTeam: Here.

KLAX, KJFK, KDFW, GSX

SimAddons: Here.

All!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

maybe Jim will pin it, (please!) leaving it open for addition

No, I think it's best left unpinned. Sorry!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I think it is best if it will be pinned because there are multiple topics about compability.

To add:

All uk2000 sceneries. (except the movable gate textures but It is almost one of the only addon airports for europe that almost completely works at night)

All tropicalsim sceneries.

Aerosoft Santorini does also work at day and night

No, I think it's best left unpinned. Sorry!

Best regards,

Jim

Then we would just have to search every post that comes in, and remember each one, instead of having a single list - a "go-to" point which could be continuously updated... :huh:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have added the link to this thread in Paul's pinned 'How to' document.

I strongly believe as individuals post their findings, this topic will continue to stay at the top of the forum. If it goes south to another page, well, people will have lost interest or the list is considered complete. I have found that most people do not read or see pinned topics. My proof? The new signature policy here at AVSIM is just one example. It has been out since July and is pinned at the top of many forums but a lot of members have not seen the policy. When I remind them of it via a PM, they usually state they never saw the policy. If we started pinning every topic that members thought were important, it would be a mess. Please do not ask me anymore. I think a lot of people will read the 'How to' post and see the link to this thread (if they are interested).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Kai Tak from Flytampa works fine, but during installation you must choose default textures for runways, taxiways, etc. and not high resolution ones. Flytampa's Vienna is absolutely incompatible.

Best

Christoph

+1 for not pinning it.

Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt (EDDF) does NOT work at night, and during the day there are service vehicles without textures.

Now that DX10 is now beeing fixed and new add-ons are now DX10; developers are taking notice of the huge movement toward DX10, they are now programming for DX10. This is how we as simmers find out what is good and what is not what we want. For me if the product dosn't say " DX10 COMPATABLE" I will not buy it. I personally think that this will not go away and it is here too stay. This discussion will never go away and I am as honest as I can be. I have been around flight simulators a looooooooooong time and this is the next generation in flight simming!! So to say that people will loose interest is not correct. I will now get off my soap box..... I am disappointed...

Les

Aerosoft Munich EDDM works by day, but many blank textures at night...

Any others that work?

Alex Malek

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Seems to be a few white vehicles in UK 2000 Gatwick. Some white, some ok

Cheers

Alan

Aerosoft Munich EDDM works by day, but many blank textures at night...

Any others that work?

Alex Malek

Unfortunately Aerosoft is the company that made me go back to DX9 because I have many of their airports that are not DX10 compatible :angry:

I hope genius Steve to fix this problem until Christmas (?) :rolleyes:

Guest Raul_Hernandez

All uk2000 sceneries. (except the movable gate textures but It is almost one of the only addon airports for europe that almost completely works at night)

....I am afraid this is not correct.

..... Because, this is correct :-

Seems to be a few white vehicles in UK 2000 Gatwick. Some white, some ok

I bought Stansted Xtreme yesterday and although it is beautiful in DX9 mode, in DX10, a lot of airport ground vehicles, buses, etc, are driving around as grey 'blobs' with no textures.

Has anyone tried Blue Sky Scenery with DX10? awesome freeware, hoe they work with DX10

Has anyone tried Blue Sky Scenery with DX10? awesome freeware, hope they work with DX10

Has anyone tried Blue Sky Scenery with DX10? awesome freeware, hope they work with DX10

Hi,

Is there any other airport working with DX 10 now ?

I need european airports :(

Does the aerosoft VFR sceneries work ?

thanks

Vancouver, by FS DreamTeam. One of the best and most realistic airports i have ever seen in the fsx world. KLAX is good, too, along with GSX. All are DX10 compliant.